Liverpool complete Poulsen signing

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 4K

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Liverpool have completed the signing of Danish midfielder Christian Poulsen for £4.5M from Juventus. He will wear the number 28 shirt at the Merseyside club.

Thoughts, Liverpool fans?

IMO, decent signing but nowhere near a good enough replacement for Javier Mascherano who has confirmed he wants to leave the club. I see him doing a job, but not against the bigger teams and I think that could mean they will struggle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8907588.stm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6307611,00.html

Last edited:
He is not the same type of ball winning player like mascherano, he is a peasants xabi alonso. Dissapointed in signing would of rather had Lee Cattermole, or Huddlestone.

WHAT THE ****? What happened to Lucas for God's sake!? Not very happy with Hodgson for this signing.

Not too bad for that money. An english player of similar standard would probably cost more :S

(hes also a bit of a nutter)

Last edited:
This confirms that Mascherano will soon be on his way to either Inter or Barca

Until we get a takeover we're gonna keep getting 2nd rate signings liks this. Another old player, future looks great.

Decent Signing IMO.... Mascherano should be a Inter player soon

Apparently Inter have pulled out of a move, leaving the way open for a Barcelona bid.

odgson has told mascherano he will be sold on hodgson's terms and he wanted to bring in a replacement for him so bye bye mascherano.
Still although he is not as good as mascherano but he still fit well in our team

Wow.Not the best of signings but nevertheless I am sure he is capable of bringing up something.

Just a stop gap I imagine/hope. Agger seems to like him, but he's liable to get a good five reds...
I hope Mascherano starts against Arsenal though. He's still our player, and the best player in that position

abit of expierence in the side and likes to do the dirty work. could be a good signing for pool.

Dunno why people aren't pleased with this signing, he was amazing at Sevilla and had a tough time at Juve because of competition for places and constant managerial changes. Mascherano leaving in inevitable and I personally think Poulson and 4.5 million is a steal.

Just a stop gap I imagine/hope. Agger seems to like him, but he's liable to get a good five reds...
I hope Mascherano starts against Arsenal though. He's still our player, and the best player in that position

Don't see you risking him picking up an injury in the game which would put the deal in question. He probably won't even travel and Poulsen will get his debut is what I'd imagine.

I think for the money, is is a top class signing. Poulsen is a good player, so to only pay £4.5m is a steal.

Liverpool fans should be pleased with the signing. He is a very good player and could be one of the dark horses for the season. A good replacement for Mascherano with a price tag about a 1/5 of Mascherano's.

Don't see you risking him picking up an injury in the game which would put the deal in question. He probably won't even travel and Poulsen will get his debut is what I'd imagine.
Travel were, it's at home :S He's still ou player, we should do what we darn well tootin' want to

Why should we care if he gets injured and the deals doesn't go through? We don't want the deal to go through, Masch to us is worth more than £30m especially considering we only have Lucas or Poulson to replace. He is a Liverpool player, and he will play for Liverpool until he is no longer a player here.

Back