Liverpool complete Poulsen signing

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 4K
Travel were, it's at home :S He's still ou player, we should do what we darn well tootin' want to

Ok, didn't know it was at home. He probably won't be in the squad at all then. He is, but he wants to leave so to play him, him get injured meaning he is incapable of signing for another club means you have an unhappy player at the club until January.

Don't think Roy will risk it.

Being a Dane i'm ofc somewhat biased.

Christian will be a very good signing for you, his consistancy alone makes him worthy of a top club and in his entire life from 5yers old til now he has only had like 3 bad games.

He never gets fazed but makes the opposition get to worked up to loose their heads and while he has never been a fan fav, he has always been the a fav of the backroom. you tell him to do x-y-z and he does it... always
check out his matches in sevillia instead of juve (the role had in sevillia is the one hodgeson is more likely to put him in -same as when thy where together in FCK) and imo an important fact in english ball he play in they air about 5000 times better than macarano

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpErDm0c0zA"]YouTube- Gennaro Gattuso vs Poulsen[/ame] thats how much gautusso hates him

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU4pLJ80oVU"]YouTube- Christian Poulsen vs. Kaka[/ame] thats how you destroy Kaka and any other AMC and he does it VERY well

and last but not least, in true liverpool spirit he does not nkow what it means to quit/ give up and going 1 -2-3-4 down will just make him work harder

so have no worries you get an imba destroyer for 2-3 years until some chinaman gets the £££ to get de rossi^^

Why should we care if he gets injured and the deals doesn't go through? We don't want the deal to go through, Masch to us is worth more than £30m especially considering we only have Lucas or Poulson to replace. He is a Liverpool player, and he will play for Liverpool until he is no longer a player here.

I'm not saying you shouldn't play him, I'm saying I don't think you will. He's stated he doesn't want to play in England anymore. Surely £30M is worth more to you than a player who doesn't want to be there and won't give him all to the club? No player is bigger than the club, so I don't see him playing on Sunday in case it puts the deal at risk.

Being a Dane i'm ofc somewhat biased.

Christian will be a very good signing for you, his consistancy alone makes him worthy of a top club and in his entire life from 5yers old til now he has only had like 3 bad games.

He never gets fazed but makes the opposition get to worked up to loose their heads and while he has never been a fan fav, he has always been the a fav of the backroom. you tell him to do x-y-z and he does it... always
check out his matches in sevillia instead of juve (the role had in sevillia is the one hodgeson is more likely to put him in -same as when thy where together in FCK) and imo an important fact in english ball he play in they air about 5000 times better than macarano

YouTube- Gennaro Gattuso vs Poulsen thats how much gautusso hates him

YouTube- Christian Poulsen vs. Kaka thats how you destroy Kaka and any other AMC and he does it VERY well

and last but not least, in true liverpool spirit he does not nkow what it means to quit/ give up and going 1 -2-3-4 down will just make him work harder

so have no worries you get an imba destroyer for 2-3 years until some chinaman gets the £££ to get de rossi^^

That's given me some confidence in him tbh. Lovin' his sarcastic thumbs up to Gattuso :)

I'm not saying you shouldn't play him, I'm saying I don't think you will. He's stated he doesn't want to play in England anymore. Surely £30M is worth more to you than a player who doesn't want to be there and won't give him all to the club? No player is bigger than the club, so I don't see him playing on Sunday in case it puts the deal at risk.

I'm sure that Masch has said he has nothing against Liverpool, he just wants to move to another country, which he has said before.

Something about his child being brought up in a Spanish speaking country which is fair enough.

From what I have seen, he gives everything to every game he plays - he will play until it is confirmed he is no longer a Liverpool player.

He gives his all, in all games. He loves Liverpool, just family can't settle

I think it depends on what formation Hodgson decides to play. Mascherano is perfect for Benitez's formation but in a normal 4-4-2 I think I would prefer someone like Lucas.

Ok, didn't know it was at home. He probably won't be in the squad at all then. He is, but he wants to leave so to play him, him get injured meaning he is incapable of signing for another club means you have an unhappy player at the club until January.

Don't think Roy will risk it.

I don't think you understand what Masch's problem is, he loves the club, he loves the fans but he doesn't love England (or more probably his wife doesn't) so he wants to move. This has no effect on him as a player, he played all last year being one of our best players despite telling Rafa before last season began that he wanted to leave, Rafa said okay, one more season, that season is up but if a deal cannot be completed until the end of August then so be it. If Masch doesn't play it's not because Roy doesn't want to 'risk it' it will be because he is trying to set up his team without Masch for when the inevitable happens.

If there's a deal in the pipeline and Masch is going to leave then I doubt he would play in the opening game. It won't be his decision or even Roy's, it will be the two American dudes rubbing their hands together in anticipation of a big pay day who make that decision. It happens all the time when players are on the verge of leaving. If he's staying, or there's been no official bid, then he probably will play.

I know £4.5m is a very good price for Liverpool, but I just don't like his rough-ness. He's like Mascherano but rougher. Anyway, I would prefer Lucas over him, now Lucas has improved greatly. Still, a good signing, but I don't think we need him (not in our first team anyway).

I've heard Poulsen is not that quick, but I don't think it's a biggy - RH sets his teams up to play a deep defensive line & as the holding midfielder is positioned just in front of the centrebacks, pace will not be vital. We all know from the FM series that the important factors for a DM are tackling, descision-making, positioning, anticipation & work-rate. Poulsen has all these in spades, I believe - he also is a good passer & is good in the air, which Mascharano is not.

Yes, Masch & Poulsen are not in the same class, but this may well turn out to be a shrewd signing by Woy. I do hope so. (H)

I know £4.5m is a very good price for Liverpool, but I just don't like his rough-ness. He's like Mascherano but rougher. Anyway, I would prefer Lucas over him, now Lucas has improved greatly. Still, a good signing, but I don't think we need him (not in our first team anyway).

Yeah, the thing is if Masch goes you'll still have two very able (international) defensive midfielders to call on. He's a good signing and will add experience in a vital area of the pitch when called upon too. Hodgson is doing a good job so far and his knowledge of cheaper markets will be invaluable I think. Imagine signing England's defensive midfielder (Gareth Barry) he'd be a lot more than 4.5 million -- probably three or four times that, but not three or four times better.

How would Lucas replace Masch? Mascherano is a defensive midfielder who stays in position for about 95% of the game. Lucas is a box to box midfielder and playing him in Mascherano's role wouldn't work. He'd drift forward along with the fact he is an awful tackler, although I also believe he is a good player. I can't say I have seen much of Poulsen but he must have been good at Schalke and Sevilla to warrant Juve paying 9 Million for him. He is the same type of player as Mascherano with less pace however he is better in the air. I imagine Roy will get the best out of him and him joining will make Agger happy so seems a good deal to me (if only he was 5 years younger).

Xabi alonso is slow, poulsen is not slow he is just not a rocket.

his top speed is ~28km/hour.... (worldcup stat)

Negative comments because??

He is a great signing for us, its what we need, More competition in midfield, make Lucas and Aqulani work for there place in the squad.

He seems like a good player from what I have seen and heard.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Some photos for you

copy_(2)_of_christian_poulson_1.jpg

copy_of_christian_poulson_4.jpg

copy_(2)_of_christian_poulson_5.jpg

copy_of_christian_poulson_2.jpg

Xabi alonso is slow, poulsen is not slow he is just not a rocket.

his top speed is ~28km/hour.... (worldcup stat)

He won't often have to run that fast if his positional sense is any good to be honest mate. Mascherano was very quick which often helped when we were pushing for a win and he was forward, his determination and pace were key in us often winning the ball back and pushing for a goal. I'd have preffered someone I have seen a bit of like Lass Diarra to sign but Poulsen looks a decent signing. When Masch goes at least we will have a bit of money to spend on another player, hopefully a left back.

Last edited:
I'm very pleased with this signing, Carra and Stevie will sort out his temper.

Again, my point wasn't that you shouldn't play him because by all rights you should as he is one of the best in the world at what he does.

However, he wants to leave the club. So if you play him and he tears a hamstring for example and it rules out his move away that he wants then you'll have an unhappy player at your club for extra months.

It would make more sense for Hodgson to play Poulsen or Aquilani or whoever he sees as Mascherano's replacement on Sunday to get his team shaped, rather than play Mascherano for him to leave a week later and have to re-shape the team again.

I've heard pretty strong murmurings that Robben has been approached by the *****, and if this is the case, I think this is an excellent counter signing. A front four of
Cole------------Gerrard-----------Robben
-------------------Torres------------------

is pretty scary and with Poulsen and Lucas behind could work really well, as much as I hate to say it.

Back