Liverpool F.C. - Returning Former Glory

deasyaj

Reaction score
Liverpool F.C
View attachment 347078

Decided to start a new game with my favourite club of all time... and try to lead them to the glory they once knew. Using the update, so I already have some of the transfers that Brendan Rodgers has made in real life, including Sturridge, Coutinho etc.

Thanks everyone and if you have any ideas, questions, or critiques please comment. ;)

Next update will be start of the season and transfers.

Last edited:
By the way I have a transfer budget of a whopping $0 so that's not gonna help in my search for good players. Will probably end up waiting for regens and trying to snap up a couple cheap that look good for the future.

good luck mate, if you can get through your first season it get easier, secong season budget is like £20+ million depending on what you choose.

Good luck! Hoping this is good, will follow if it grabs my attention!!

interesting decision to bring in vorm! he's just younger than reina and you could have bought better people for 6million

August '12

August '12

2nd Leg:
Liverpool
vs M. Netanya
2-0
Suarez, Allen

After a disappointing first leg against these minnows, we played superbly in the second leg and didn't give them a sight of our goal. Suarez seems to be in good form at the moment and very pleased that Allen got his first Liverpool goal.

Also Liverpool draw Motherwell in Euro Cup Playoff

Players Out on Loan:
Conor Coady - Hartlepool
View attachment 347133

Brad Smith - Portsmouth
View attachment 347135

Joao Teixeira - Hartlepool
View attachment 347139

First Premier League Game!
Liverpool vs Everton
1-2
Sturridge

Very annoyed at this derby loss, expected much more from my players and missed a couple of great chances. The fact that they scored the winner in the 86' minute didn't help either! :)

Transfer budget is completely gone as well so probably wont be bringing any more players in this window unless there's someone I find for very cheap and who I can afford by stretching budgets.

Euro Cup Playoff 1st Leg, Home:
Liverpool vs Motherwell
3-0
Borini, Gerrard, Allen

Good to see Gerrard can still score! haha, anyway very shaky performance for most of the game up until the end when I introduced Coutinho and we seemed a much better team. Will take note of that for future games. Also good to see Allen putting in some good performances as I wasn't sure whether or not to keep him at the beginning of the season.

Liverpool vs Norwich
1-1
Gerrard

Had a goal disallowed from Gerrard as well that would have won it for us and defence was very leaky. Wish I had some money to spend on better players but hey ho! :)

Player Out on Loan:
Yalany Baio - Rochdale
View attachment 347143

Player Out (Finally!):
Stewart Downing - West Bromwich Albion - 5.5 million
View attachment 347144

Been trying to get him out of here for ages, but a bit disappointed about the fact that it was only for 5.5 million as that's measly compared to what I brought him in for. Will look in the last few days for a possible replacement, or may wait until next window.

Euro Cup Playoff 2nd Leg, Away:
Motherwell vs Liverpool
1-1
Gerrard

Stevo netted a 90' free kick from 30 yards to make the scoreline more respectable. Made it through despite leaky defence once again.

And now a very exciting piece of news.... on transfer deadline day.... we signed...

Yassine Benzia from Lyon for 5 million.
View attachment 347146
Very pleased with this signing as I know from previous games that he generally turns out to be a great Premier League striker and his potential is put at 4 and a half stars from my expert scouts so looks good. :)

As a final note:
Liverpool get Southampton in Capital One Cup Third Round
and
Liverpool's Europa League Group is:

Liverpool
Lille
Cluj
Slovan Liberec

Once again thanks everyone for your support and stay tuned as more updates on the way!

September '12

September '12

Swansea vs Liverpool
0-1
Suarez

Scored with a good header on 37' and then managed to hold out until the end of the game despite my defence's reputation and luckily Swansea missed a couple of chances.
MOM: Kelly

In other news Yassine Benzia scores 4 for France U21's and breaks goal record for goals in one match and Lucas Leiva gets first international goal for Brazil.

Wigan vs Liverpool
0-3
Agger (P), Benzia (2)

Very happy with Benzia's first appearance for Liverpool as he first won the penalty, then scored both goals in the second half to secure out second consecutive victory in the Premier League, propelling us up to 6th in the table.
MOM: Benzia

By the way, Arsenal are doing very poor and find themselves in 17th place with 1 win from 3 games.

Liverpool
vs Slovan Liberec
1-1
Suarez

Pretty poor performance to be honest and we end up in 3rd place in our group with only 1 point.
MOM: Reina

Player Out on Loan:
Villyian Bijev - Walsall
View attachment 347304

Liverpool vs Stoke
3-1
Gerrard, Benzia (2)

Really pleased that Benzia has got off to a good start, and he is definitely looking like a very good signing!!! :)
MOM: Benzia

Player Out on Loan:
Krisztian Adorjan - Portsmouth
View attachment 347323

Capital One Cup Third Round
Liverpool vs Southampton
5-1
Hooiveld O.G, Allen, Carragher, Coates, Skrtel

First big win of the season, shame it came in Capital One Cup as would have liked the GD it would have given me in the league.
MOM: Gerrard

Liverpool vs Tottenham
2-2
Suarez (2)

Good game, and disappointed not to run out with 3 points but oh well. Toivonen, one of my transfer targets at the start of season scored the equaliser for them and so our league winning streak comes to an end.
MOM: Suarez

This result leaves us 6th in the table:
View attachment 347327

Player of the Month:
Yassine Benzia
View attachment 347330
Average Rating: 8.07

Liverpool get Sunderland in Capital One Cup Fourth Round.

Thanks for all your support and any suggestions from anyone I would appreciate them a lot. Thanks, next update coming very soon!

October '12

October '12

Europa League Group G
CFR Cluj
vs Liverpool
1-1
Lucas Leiva

Lucky to get a draw as they scored a penalty and hit the bar twice. Hit back in the last minute to earn a point. Leaves us 2nd in Group G behind LILLE.
MOM: Lucas Leiva

QPR vs Liverpool
0-2
Allen, Benzia

Benzia's great league scoring form continues, really hope he keeps this up!
MOM: Joe Allen

Benzia scored 2 for France U21's and looks to be on top form for club and country!
Also Henderson gets called up to England U21 squad.

Liverpool
vs Sunderland
2-0
Benzia, Gerrard (P)

And the scoring continues! Plus another clean sheet takes us to 4th in the league so far. Still one more Premier League game to go this month yet. :)
MOM: Allen

Europa League Group G
Liverpool vs LILLE
2-1
Borini, Kelly

Good solid first half, but second half bit shaky and their goal left me nervous at the end as I really needed these three points!
MOM: Kelly

Liverpool vs Man City
1-3
Skrtel

First very poor performance of this campaign and I'm disappointed as I had this down as one we could draw or win, but we come away having been completely dominated. :(
MOM: No one. lol.

Capital One Cup Fourth Round
Sunderland vs Liverpool
1-1
Borini
(Liverpool win on penalties 2-4)

Phew! Escaped a big upset there as we were expected to cruise to victory. Need to improve.
MOM: Carragher

An okay month to be honest, but too many draws for my liking and the result against City was disappointing.

Current League Standings:
View attachment 347358

Player of the Month:
Lucas Leiva
View attachment 347359

​Once again, thanks everyone for the support!

November '12

November '12

The month did not get off to a good start as we failed to take all 3 points of West Brom!

West Brom vs Liverpool
1-1
Borini

Disappointing game, and we dominated it so should of won. :(
MOM: Borini

Liverpool
vs LILLE
0-0

Very dull game :)

Liverpool vs Southampton
5-2
Benzia (2), Suarez (2), Gerrard

Great game this time, much improved from Lille game and shows that Benzia and Suarez can play together very well, so when Benzia develops more I reckon that will be a killer partnership up front. Benzia also seems to get quite a lot of assists as well as goals which is great!
MOM: Benzia (Got two assists as well)

Liverpool vs West Ham
1-3
Agger (P)

Rubbish game, should have done much better! Oh well, win some lose some. Just lose more I guess.... haha!
MOM: Agger

Slovan Liberec vs Liverpool
0-4
Assaidi, Suarez (3)

Assaidi bags his first goal and Suarez a hat-trick. Great game from Liverpool's point of view!

Reading
vs Liverpool
3-1
Benzia

Lost to lowly 20th placed Reading meaning that Liverpool remain in 6th, still chasing European slots. :(
MOM: Allen

Capital One Cup Quarter Final
Liverpool vs Arsenal
1-0
Gerrard

Close, even, game. Great free kick by Gerrard off the underside of the bar from 30 yards but shame I am only getting results in the cups rather than in the league! :)

In other news, Jose Enrique is injured for about 3 weeks so will miss most of next month!

League Table:
View attachment 347456

Player of the Month:
Suarez
View attachment 347462

Thanks again everyone for the support!!

December '12

December '12

Liverpool vs Arsenal
1-1
Gerrard

Unlucky not to get all three points as Arteta scored a last minute free kick for the Gunners!
View attachment 347620

Liverpool draw Portsmouth in FA Cup
Liverpool draw Swansea in Capital One Cup Semi Final

Europa League Group G
Liverpool
vs CFR Cluj
2-0
Suarez, Borini (P)

We needed a win or a draw to go through and we found our fighting spirit in this game despite previous poor performances against this side.
View attachment 347622

Europa League Group G Table:
View attachment 347641

Liverpool vs Newcastle
0-1

Very disappointing result as there were a lot of chances that we missed. May have to change one of my formations as it isn't quite working out too well! What makes matters even worse is that they scored in the 90+3' minute. AARRRGGHH! This result also ends a five match unbeaten streak in the League!
MOM: Coates

Fulham vs Liverpool
0-0

Nothing really to say about this match. Should have done better.

Chelsea vs Liverpool
4-0

Very poor showing defensively and strikers weren't much better. Definately need to change formation as that was the flimsy one I mentioned earlier.
MOM: None (no one on my team deserved it!)

Liverpool get Metalist Kharkiv in EURO Cup First Round

Aston Villa vs Liverpool
0-0

Another bore draw. Not going great. :(

LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED

Big game in the Premier League. Both sides underachieving and find themselves just below the Champions League places. Let's see who prevails in this battle... haha

0-2

Oh no.... Not good. Fans are very annoyed at this loss seeing as United are underperforming as well but our defense was so poor. As an attacking unit we looked good, just couldnt put the ball in the net!

Sacked

Soooo....

I got sacked from Liverpool. Currently unemployed but I am looking to pick up a lower league, perhaps non-league, team and lead them to the Premier League. Ambitious I know, coming from someone who gets Liverpool to 8th, but I tend to do better with lower league teams and I have tried this before and been quite successful.

So bear with me, and I will find a new job ASAP and try and keep the updates coming if I am doing well.

Finally, as this is my first story on this site, despite being a long term follower, would you guys prefer half-season or longer updates rather than month by month. Or less info on each match. Please leave any suggestions below and thanks again.

I think the Board were quite crazy sacking you - 8th is just about right (if anything its too high) for LFC!!!

haha, yeah tbh the team I had was lacking a lot of quality and the youth wasn't much better. I should think 8th is about right for the first season, but coming from a Man U fan you would love that!

Sheffield United

View attachment 347823 Sheffield United F.C.View attachment 347823

So I received numerous job offers, one from Sunderland, but I eventually decided to ditch the Premier League, (for now) and move lower down in England. So I chose League 1 Sheffield United.

Currently, they are 3rd in League 1 and the board fully expects promotion, which is what I am going to get. I think the last manager left to lead another club cuz the club seems to be in quite a good position.

Thirdly, we have three players in our squad currently who are in on loan from other clubs and one of the loans expires a few days after I get to the club and he was one of our best players, but oh well. (For anyone interested that would be Florent Cuvelier.)

I have moved in early January and so the transfer window is in full flow. Will be looking to do a few deals to ensure that this team makes it to the Championship and can aim for high places there as well. Thanks everyone for your support and I promise this one is going to go better than the Liverpool one did!

Stay tuned as next update coming out very soon!

January 13' - Sheffield

January 13'

This is the squad I have to start with:
View attachment 347889
View attachment 347891

A bit of quality in there but the fact that some of them are on short term loans doesn't help!

First game:

Yeovil vs Sheffield
1-2
Robson, Miller
MOM: Robson

Sheffield
vs Scunthorpe
3-0
Higginbotham, Forte, Murphy
MOM: Murphy

Sheffield vs Swindon
0-1
MOM: Maguire

Crewe vs Sheffield
0-2
Cresswell, Porter
MOM: Maguire

FA Cup Fourth Round:
Burnley vs Sheffield
2-1
Robson
MOM: Neil Collins

Overall a pretty decent month to start with, only really disappointing part was losing to Swindon who are 20th. Bit annoying that we didn't win the draw against Burnley in the FA Cup as we went one up and then threw it away second half. Better defensive performances needed in all honesty.

Finally, transfer window is shut until the end of the season and I didnt really find anyone suitable who I can afford with my low budget. Hopefully, when we get promoted I will have a better budget for the summer where I can buy some quality players.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!​

February '13

February '13

Scout recommended this youngster from Limerick F.C and I was eager to sign. Shame it was just after the transfer window:
Steven McGann - Limerick F.C. - 20K
Would post SS but laptop is playing up. Will try and post it later.

Hartlepool vs Sheffield
1-2
Cresswell, McDonald
MOM: Kevin McDonald

Sheffield
vs Carlisle
0-0
MOM: Kevin McDonald

Notts County vs Sheffield
1-0
MOM: Gonzague Vandooran

That was all the fixtures we had this month, which was alright as some of my players were getting quite tired and as the race for promotion is hotting up and I have not been able to fully expand my squad depth, I am forced to field almost full strength teams against even bottom teams.

Not a great month to be honest and this sees us slip down one place in the League Table to 3rd. Quite tight at the top so definitely still in with a chance of automatic promotion without the horror of the play-offs:
View attachment 348328

Player of the Month:
Kevin McDonald
View attachment 348329^^)

Thanks again everyone for all the support and lots of feedback would be great!

Dont worry, eventually you`ll take over LFC again in the future and show em what a mistake they made sacking you :)