Liverpool fans, is Suso the next Xavi

And there was me thinking Arsenal were leading the way in poaching other clubs hard-developed Spanish youngsters... (A)

Haha. Tbf - Barca let Ignasi Miquel go at an early age, then tried to resign him as he was approached by Arsenal.

In terms of general poaching - Barca are far worse: Look at their academy.

This is an assumption.

Based on evidence of them having an arrogant, "mightier than thou" attitude and believing every player in the world belongs to them.

Can't believe how much Barca love there is.

Xavi is one of the best players ever. Suso is talented, but not enough.

The next xavi, talk about hyping at a player at an early age, let him play some games for the first team and look good first, and anyone who says he is only 16-17, at that age both Cesc and Rooney where starting in the league.

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

Based on evidence of them having an arrogant, "mightier than thou" attitude and believing every player in the world belongs to them.

Can't believe how much Barca love there is.

This this and this... Barca think they are the all might, all morale club of god i swear.

The next xavi, talk about hyping at a player at an early age, let him play some games for the first team and look good first, and anyone who says he is only 16-17, at that age both Cesc and Rooney where starting in the league.

Agree with this - see my post in response to Zebedee - if he's that good, he'll make it, but only without ridiculous hyping.

watch him tomorrow in the FA Youth Cup match vs Man United U18s live on LFCTV tomorrow morning :)

He is very, very good. His passing range, vision, typical Spanish midfielder, technically brilliant. Not the quickest player ever but he is strong on the ball and rarely gets pushed off it. If he is given a chance (which Pacheco hasn't) he should develop into a fantastic player. His only really big weakness I noticed is his unwillingness to use his right foot.

Xavi is pushing it, from what ive heard about how he plays he sounds more like David Silva.

You know Barca will just try and poach him when he gets even vaguely good at the top level, though.

Like other teams do to Barcelona?

Haven't seen much of Suso as Sterling seems to be grabbing the headlines for Liverpool's youth.

Just read an article on Liverpool FC website, the title suggested it would be discussing the recent decisions to give Suso and Sterling first team squad numbers. 4 paragraphs on Sterling, one sentence on Suso says it all for me really.

Considering i haven't heard much about him other than on FM, i suggest he's going to be the new Pacheco, ie rumoured Spanish mega talent who turns out to be a disappointment. Pacheco is 20 now, hardly setting the world alight.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

I'm not sure how there are multiple members here who have an intimate knowledge on just how good Suso is as well. I can appreciate Zebs knowledge as he's involved at the club.

Last edited:
YouTube - Fernandez Suso Passing Compilation

Yes.. It is Youtube but it is just a look at his passing range. I've watched him 5/6 times this season and seen him misplace minimal passes, thinking about it, he has very rarely given the ball away.

youtube makes Heskey look like he is a better finisher than Messi Ben

Yes.. It is Youtube but it is just a look at his passing range. I've watched him 5/6 times this season and seen him misplace minimal passes, thinking about it, he has very rarely given the ball away.
I know you did sort of mention it, but Djemba Djemba could look good on youtube so please dont post a video. I would personally rather just take your word for it on how good he is

I know you did sort of mention it, but Djemba Djemba could look good on youtube so please dont post a video. I would personally rather just take your word for it on how good he is

It's just a short compilation showing small clips of his passing range rather than any skills or **** like that. His vision and accuracy are quality, playing for the reserves though you obviously get more time on the ball. A plus point is how good he is physically although he is not the quickest. It's gonna be exciting to see how our youth develop, hopefully Pacheco can break into the side and the likes of Suso, Sterling, Coady, Robinson etc can start to break their way through.

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

youtube makes Heskey look like he is a better finisher than Messi Ben

He is.. ;)

In the first 30 seconds he puts it out for a throw, the vid creator tries to cut it out but its clear it's skipping out of play. XD

Reminds me a bit of Beckham to be honest, certainly the way he strikes a ball anyway.

Youtube can make Heskey look good but i acknowledge he looks a decent prospect, can he convert it into senior football though?

In the first 30 seconds he puts it out for a throw, the vid creator tries to cut it out but its clear it's skipping out of play. XD

Reminds me a bit of Beckham to be honest, certainly the way he strikes a ball anyway.

Youtube can make Heskey look good but i acknowledge he looks a decent prospect, can he convert it into senior football though?

His long diagonal passing is a joy to watch, it is just whether his game is rounded enough. He doesn't have masses of pace but he can hold pretty strong players off. We'll have to wait and see eh. :)

Suso is a bright talent but its way too early to compare him to Xavi.
From what i have seen(10-15 u18 games this season) he is a talent but will need to keep his head down and keep working so he wont stagnate.
But he is a different type of player to Xavi,he plays slightly further up the pitch.
I could see in the next 2 or 3 years him breaking into the first team and playing in a role behind thee forwards in the centre and maybe Sterling on the right.
But this is presuming they both progress at the level they are currently setting.