Liverpool fans: stick with the King or enter the Special one

With a heck-a lot of money spent by him, also.

Porto?? Also he didnt spend that much at Inter Milan as he spent what me made from the sale of Ibrahimovic. Very harsh comment indeed.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

I just ignored, typical CJacko thing to say.

How is it typical? Most people would agree im sure.

Neither, I obviusly respect the King but I dont feel he is the ideal candidate. I dont know if he is up to modern football, some results so far have been encouring, not the way of playing. Plus, with all the respect to the King, there were some things than when Hodgson did them he was fully critised but when Kenny puts Meireles on the wings nobody complains.
I think we should hire a young, modern coach. Deschamps, Andre Villas-Boas or Klopp

Mourinho is obviously the better manager overall, but I believe Kenny would be the better manager for Liverpool. His iconic status, relationship with club and fans and - from what I gather from this season - his motivational skills should be enough to help Liverpool challenge for the title once again. Of course it is merely my opinion, which time can prove wrong.

Porto?? Also he didnt spend that much at Inter Milan as he spent what me made from the sale of Ibrahimovic. Very harsh comment indeed.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

How is it typical? Most people would agree im sure.

He didn't need to spend much at Inter Milan, since that team was so good. IBrahimovic is majorly over-rated anyway, I'd prefer Eto'o over him.

I just ignored, typical CJacko thing to say.

Not really, he actually makes a good point, silverware has followed him virtually everywhere. But I would have other concerns about him

Not really, he actually makes a good point, silverware has followed him virtually everywhere. But I would have other concerns about him

Also this. We're going to be relying on youth coming through mainly, Mourinho is not that type of manager.

Also this. We're going to be relying on youth coming through mainly, Mourinho is not that type of manager.

this is the discussion i had with Scott via VM about him and United, would he do so if the youth talent was there. Cant speak for Chelsea becuase the youth talent wasnt there, but in fairness, he has turned Marcelo around at Real

Won the title, could be ready to move to a bigger challenge?

Hopefully so, I'm thinking that even though Kenny has looked good; the owners still have other managers in their sights as not just contenders, but strong contenders.

We live in hope that AVB is one of them. Surely he has to move on soon, he's absolutely romped the Portuguese league this season.

Wouldnt mind us pinching him in two seasons

Personally I think Mourinho is a bad fit for Liverpool. Not that he would even want to be here anyway. WHy are you mentioning him in the opening post, is there some reliable source linking him with us or something because it seems like a pretty bizarre question to ask out of the blue.

no source, just posted it after Mouriniho joined lfc on fm 2011, so I was curious if this could occur in real life

Haha, my bad.

Yeah, I don't think there's many teams who wouldn't take AVB.

Mourinho is the ultimate "Quick Fix" manager. At Chelsea, he left behind an ageing squad, albeit with a trophy cabinet pretty full. Same at Porto, he took two of his best players (Carvalho and Ferreira) with him to Chelsea, and the squad disbanded soon after, and Porto done jack **** for a while. At Inter, same applies. Wins Champions league, goes to Madrid, Inter struggle massively this season.

A great manager, but not one Liverpool need at this time, they need someone in for the long-term.

i think their both good managers but mourinho's better
as i'm not a liverpool fan i can't say i'd prefer one
i think that dalglish will stay next season unless somebody like mourinho comes

I won't get off topic but Mourinho is way overrated. He needs a huge budget and is only good in the short term for the club. Liverpool isn't looking for that kind of manager, they want a long-term project. Something that might not win right away but can build long-term, sustainable success, and on a budget (although maybe not, considering how much they spent on Carroll). That's not what Mourinho is good for. Mourinho wouldn't be good for ManU, either, since he would take over, win a few titles, and then leave when the squad was too old to win any more and didn't have any good young players coming through the ranks. Mourinho would be the perfect fit for ManCity, and I think that with him at the helm they'd turn into the best team in England and they'd be tough to beat in the Champions League.

As for Liverpool, they probably should stick with Kenny for now, and afterwards I don't know who the best fit would be. I don't know much about Boas because I don't watch much Portuguese league. Maybe Mancini when he leaves ManCity? I don't know. Probably they should just go after some young manager who is a rising star and then try to build a team with him.

Last edited:
Dalglish will sign a contract, and I am sure Jose has only one job in mind after Real Madrid.