• Thread starter Thread starter Sticx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 14K
View attachment 212445

April 2016

Man City vs Liverpool

View attachment 212444

A hat trick for Aguero in the first half was plenty to hand us a loss at the Etihad. We got thoroughly outplayed as we only managed 3 shots on target. The loss also drops us to 4th in the table although we have a few games in hand

Leicester vs Liverpool

View attachment 212443

It took a late goal from Lallana in the 90th minute but we managed the 3 points thanks to a Sturridge brace

Liverpool vs West Brom

View attachment 212442

Goals from Ibe, Firmino, and Coutinho gave us the win as we dominated the match, only allowing 3 total shots against us. We move to 3rd in the table with 3 games in-hand

Swansea vs Liverpool

View attachment 212441

A disappointing draw at Swansea as we drop points. We remain in 3rd in the table but we still have 3 games in-hand. Arsenal have a commanding 12 point lead at the top

Tottenham vs Liverpool

View attachment 212439

A brace from Firmino gace us a solid win at White Hart Lane. Sturridge and Lallana also got on the scoresheet as we held them to 3 shots on target

Liverpool vs West Ham

View attachment 212432

It looked as though it was going to end at 2-2 until our new signing wonderkid Malcom got the winner in the 90th minute. Arsenal continue to win also as we can't make up any ground and stay in 3rd place

FA Cup Semi-Final
Arsenal vs Liverpool

View attachment 212430

What a semi-final! I didn't expect to make it this far in my first year but we have a good chance of winning the Cup now thanks to a brace from Firmino. The match was fairly even as it seemed like we made our chances count while Arsenal didn't. On to the final!

View attachment 212429

We draw West Ham in the final as we now have a very good chance of bringing home a trophy at the end of the year!

Liverpool vs Southampton

View attachment 211917View attachment 211912

We continue winning ways coming from the high of the FA Cup win to hammer Southampton 4-1 thanks to a Sturridge hat-trick. Unfortunately Lallana picks up a bad injury that will most likely see him out for the rest of the season

Newcastle vs Liverpool

View attachment 211904View attachment 211903

Good and bad news as we lose 1-2 to Newcastle which pretty much closes any outside shot at catching Arsenal this year. We do however qualify for the Champions League which when it's all said and done I have to be pretty happy with in my first season​

Last edited:
View attachment 211796

May 2016

Liverpool vs Sunderland

View attachment 211795

With our position pretty much set in 3rd place I decided it was a good time to get some solid game time in with a lot of our youngsters. We still got a convincing win as Sturridge got a brace and Can added another. With 2 games to go we sit in 3rd with 12 points above Tottenham who lie in 4th

2016/2017 season budget

View attachment 211794

The board let me know that for the next season I will be allotted $182 million in wages and a transfer budget of $76 million which I feel is very generous for the Fenway Sports Group. I will definitely look to strengthen the senior squad for next year

Liverpool vs Chelsea

View attachment 211793

It was a rather unimportant match as far as we were concerned as we already locked up 3rd place. Chelsea was however fighting for a Champions League place as they moved up to fourth with a win over us

Arsenal win the league

View attachment 211789

They pretty much ran away with the title this year as no one was close to them at the end.

Liverpool vs Everton

View attachment 211788

Even though we had little to play for the last Merseyside Derby went very well for us as we dominated the match. We held them to just 3 shots and none on target as we get a 3-0 win thanks to a Sturridge hat-trick. I'm very happy that in my first year I have yet to lose or even draw a North-west or Merseyside Derby

Bournemouth vs Liverpool

View attachment 211787

Last game of the season and we chose to play most of our youngsters and it showed as we lost to relegated Bournemouth

FA Cup Final
Liverpool vs West Ham

View attachment 211786

We end the season with silverware as we beat West Ham 1-0 in the final! It was 0-0 when Andy Carroll was sent off in the 59th minute. We went on to get the winning goal from Can we we allow only 2 shots from West Ham with 0 on target for the first trophy of my career!

View attachment 211785

Newcastle fire McClaren

View attachment 211784

Ozil picks up player of the year

View attachment 211783

No surprise here as Wenger picks up coach of the year

View attachment 211782

Coutinho and Skrtel make the team of the year

View attachment 211781

Liverpool end of season awards

View attachment 211779

FC Barcelona become the first team to ever repeat as winners of the Champions League!

View attachment 211778

2015-2016 Season League Table

View attachment 211777

Overall I have to say I'm very happy with finishing 3rd in my first season. We focused our transfers this year on youth and we qualified for the Champions League which the board was pleased with. We also won the FA Cup to end the season with silverware. Hopefully we can build on this year and do even better in my second season in charge of Liverpool FC!

Last edited:
View attachment 211335

2016/2017 Pre-season

With the high amount available for the transfer market I felt I needed to reinforce the senior squad. It was either going to be a striker or defender and with Skrtel now at 31 years of age I thought it would be good to get a young solid defender that would serve for years to come

View attachment 211334

Laporte fit all of my criteria. He is young at just 22 years old yet able to make an immediate impact on the first team. With Skrtel getting older he will fit in perfectly as I plan to rotate the three of them as needed

View attachment 211333

With the purchase of Laporte I had to make room as our wage budget was now over our limit, so I had to make room somewhere and I felt Balotelli was the person to have to go. City were the only ones offering for him so I let him leave to a rival as I didn't really fear him coming back to haunt us. He's now City's problem again

Community Shield

View attachment 211332View attachment 211331

Arsenal beat us in the Shield but I have to say I was pretty impressed with our performance as we lost on penalties. If it wasn't for a Mingnolet own goal we would have won. Oh well, on to the new season!​

View attachment 210950

After the sale of Balotelli I decided it was time to bring in another youngster or two now that we had some budget to play with. Mignolet is only 28 but I thought it would be a good idea to get a young goalkeeper that could one day take over the gloves from the Belgian

View attachment 210949

Rajkovic looks like a solid young keeper with great potential. I decided to loan him back to Tel-Aviv for the remainder of the season as he needs to get solid game time for the future

View attachment 210947

I also purchased a young talented striker Diaz. At only 18 years of age he already has some nice attributes and he looks like a star for the future

View attachment 210946

August 2016

Liverpool vs Newcastle

View attachment 210945

We make a flying start to the season as we see of Newcastle 3-0. 2 goals from our 18 year olds Laimer and Nouri as we don't allow a shot on target

Burnley vs Liverpool

View attachment 210944

Gomez and Sakho get the goals as we only give up 2 total shots and 0 on target. So far in two games we have only allowed 2 shots on our goal as our impressive defense continues from last season

Liverpool vs Man City

View attachment 210943

Our first big test of the season against the Citizens as Firmino gets the only goal through a penalty. As we head into the international break we continue our shutout streak for the first three games of the season

Champions League group draw

View attachment 210942

We get a tough group as we were drawn in pot C as we get Real Madrid, Porto, and Olympiakos. Realistically it will be hard to get a result against Madrid, so we really need to get 6 points against Porto to have a shot to move on to the knockout rounds

August manager of the month

View attachment 210936

I take the award as we have a very impressive first month of the new season​

View attachment 210420

September 2016

West Brom vs Liverpool

View attachment 210419

First game back from the international break and we looked pretty rusty. It took a late 90th minute equalizer from Markovic to salvage a point. My new signing Laporte made his debut

Champions League Group Stage Match 1
Liverpool vs Porto

View attachment 210416

It was vital to get all 3 points with having to play Real Madrid twice and I thought it was going to be a draw at home which would have been disastrous. Lallana got the breakthrough goal in the 91st minute. Talk about cutting it close

Liverpool vs Norwich

View attachment 210412

Back to winning ways in the league as we hammer Norwich 2-0 thanks to Ings and his debut goal for Laporte

Capital One Cup Third Round
Norwich vs Liverpool

View attachment 210410

Back to back matches against Norwich as we played a lot of youngsters in the Cup as Norwich put up a better effort. Sturridge put us ahead in the 107th minute as we win in stoppage time

Swansea vs Liverpool

View attachment 210409

Goals from Sturridge and Coutinho as we maintain our unbeaten start to the season as we only allow 1 shot on target

Champions League Group Stage Match 2
Real Madrid vs Liverpool

View attachment 210407

Nothing other to say than a very ugly defeat at the Santiago Bernabeu as Benzema gets a brace. I went into the group not expecting to get anything in Madrid but to lose 0-4 was embarrassing. Madrid outplayed us the entire match and we deserved to lose​

View attachment 210160

October 2016

Arsenal vs Liverpool

View attachment 210157

Following the defeat in the Champions League we face a difficult Arsenal match at the Emirates. We were boosted early from an Arsenal own goal and two more from Ibe and Sturridge to continue our impressive start to the season

Premier League Table after 7 games

View attachment 210155

I couldn't ask for a better start to the season as we sit top of the table at 6-1-0. Early surprise as Newcastle sit second. One big difference from last year is that we have stayed almost injury free as only 1 of our players is out

Asenal Legend Joins Liverpool

View attachment 210149

I changed up our coaching staff a bit early in the season and who better than Bergkamp to join the staff as we were able to entice him away from Ajax

Liverpool vs Q.P.R.

View attachment 210148

Newly promoted Q.P.R came to Anfield as this gave us a chance to get some game time for our young players as we easily got the 4-0 victory

Champions League Group Stage Match 3
Liverpool vs Olympiakos

View attachment 210147

It was extremely vital to get all 3 points especially at home as we take on the lowest ranked team in the group. Thanks to a Coutinho brace we make a comfortable match of it as they score on their only shot on goal.

Group C Standings after 3 matches

View attachment 210146

Surprisingly Porto got a victory over Real Madrid which puts the 3 of us dead even on 6 points. With Porto getting a result against Madrid we will need to get a win over them in our second match now to have a chance to move on​

View attachment 209890

October 2016

Southampton vs Liverpool

View attachment 209889

Following our midweek game in the Champions League I have to say we were lucky to get a draw against Southampton. We got outshot and outplayed, but we got a point out of it

Capital One Cup Fourth Round
Liverpool vs Man Utd

View attachment 209888

It seemed like it was too early to get Man Utd but we got them in the fourth round and got a 3-2 victory. Clyne is having a breakout season at right back as he is our man of the match

Liverpool vs West Ham

View attachment 209887

A comftrable win as it seemed like West Ham were never in the match. We win 2-0 as Ibe and Skrtel pick up the goals​

View attachment 209578

November 2016

Champions League Group Stage Match 4
Olympiakos vs Liverpool

View attachment 209576

With the big 3 teams all sitting on 6 points it was vital to get a win away from home. I was very pleased with how we played on the road as Firmino got a brace to help get us the 3 points. After 4 matches we sit tied at the top of the group along with Real Madrid

View attachment 209571

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool

View attachment 209569

Coming off the high of the midweek win we travel to Palace as we continue our impressive attacking record as Sturridge gets another brace. I have to say I'm very happy with both phases of play as we stay atop the league

Liverpool vs Leicester

View attachment 209566

Sturridge gets his second brace in a row but we have to settle for a draw at home as Vardy also got a double. The match was fairly even as Leicester deserved a point for how they played coming into Anfied

Champions League Group Stage Match 5
Porto vs Liverpool

View attachment 209560

I knew this would be the deciding match to see who goes through in the group as we and Porto were always fighting for the #2 spot in Group C. Sturridge gets his third brace in a row as we get the victory on the road! We qualify for the knockout rounds as we stay even on points with Real Madrid as we eliminate Porto

View attachment 209558

Last edited:
Decent story mate and good read.sort of tactics u using to get such a solid defence.just started my own save and it's a club that can go one of 2 ways.over achieve or disaster

I started out running a 4-2-3-1 just because it suited my players better in the beginning but I've transferred to a 4-1-2-2-1 which is my favorite formation. I'm using a Christian Eriksen tactic that is working really well for me

Ok,did u start new tactics season 2 or 1.cant get benteke to score as obviously Sturbridge injured at start

I started the new tactic on and off half way through the second season. I sold Benteke at the end of season 1 to make some room for transfers.

View attachment 209043

November 2016

League Table after 12 games

View attachment 209035

Towards the end of November and we sit atop the league without a defeat so far as we sit 6 points above Man Utd. 9 wins and 3 draws and I can't complain too much as we have a great first few months

Liverpool vs Aston Villa

View attachment 209040

Disappointing result following our midweek qualification in the Champions League as we lose 1-2 at home, our first loss of the year. Sturridge continues his goal scoring streak but it isn't enough to get a result

Man City fire Klopp

View attachment 209028

They're going through coaches faster than Madrid

Champions League Group Stage Match 6
Liverpool vs Real Madrid

View attachment 209032

We went into the last group stage match equal on points to Madrid and that's how it ended. I thought we were going to get a surprise win as Sturridge scored early but Ronaldo equalized in the 71st minute to knock us to second in the group

Final group C standings

View attachment 209030

It was a tough group and I'm pretty happy we ended even on points with Madrid as I realized the best we could expect was a second place finish which we got. On to the knockout rounds!​

Last edited:
View attachment 209007

December 2016

Sturridge gets player of the month for November

View attachment 208994

No surprise here as Sturridge is absolutely on fire this year

Man Utd vs Liverpool

View attachment 209006

Man Utd sat second in the leage so I felt if we get a result at Old Trafford it would set us up well going into the second half of the season. It looked like it would end 0-0 until Ibe came on as a sub and gave us the go ahead goal in the 84th minute. A huge result to take 3 points on the road

Ipswich vs Liverpool

View attachment 209001

Ipswich sat at the bottom of the league and it gave us a chance to play some young signings and it almost backfired as we narrowly get a 2-1 win but got outplayed for a lot of the match

Arsenal fire Ancelotti

View attachment 208992

Two big coaches get the axe before Christmas

Liverpool vs Everton

View attachment 208998

We run Everton ragged in the Merseyside Derby as Coutinho and Sturridge get the goals.

League Table in December

View attachment 208970

Mid-season surprise as Tottenham and Newcastle sit at 2nd and 3rd in the League. We sit 7 points in the lead as Sturridge leads the league in goals

Last edited:
View attachment 208991

December 2016

Capital One Cup Quarterfinal
MK Dons vs Liverpool

View attachment 208990

Another chance to play our youngsters and again it almost backfires. Nouri and Sturridge get us a 2-1 win to move on in the Cup

Tottenham vs Liverpool

View attachment 208988

I thought this was going to be a tough match at White Hart Lane considering Tottenham are doing well in the league this year but we get a comfortable 3-0 win. Firmino gets a brace and Sturridge continues his amazing first half of the season

Champions League First Knockout Round Draw

View attachment 208974 View attachment 208962

We get a pretty nice draw as I feel we have a real good chance to move on against Dynamo Kyiv

Man City hire Emery

View attachment 208973

Liverpool vs Chelsea

View attachment 208983

One of the more lopsided games against Chelsea we've had as we were helped by Matic getting sent off in the 28th minute. Sakho and Firmino gave us a 2-0 win as we dominate The Blues

Arsenal hire Klopp

View attachment 208972

Stoke vs Liverpool

View attachment 208980

Boxing Day match as the congested fixture list catches up with us as we lose 1-3 vs Stoke. I liked how we played but it seemed like they really took their chances and we didn't as we get our second loss of the season

Liverpool vs Burnley

View attachment 208968

We finish the 2016 year with a rout 5-1 against Burnley. Sturridge and Laporte both get braces. Overall I have to say I couldn't be happier with the first half of the season. We sit at the top of the league and are into the knockout rounds in the Champions League with a good chance of progressing. Hopefully the second half of the year can match the first​

Last edited:
View attachment 208847

January 2017

Transfer Window

View attachment 208844

Since money seems to burn a hole in my pocket I decide to do some shopping at the start of the winter transfer window. In keeping with our club philosophy of developing young players I bring three talented kids into our squad

Capital One Cup Semi-Final First Leg
Liverpool vs Aston Villa

View attachment 208846

We get off to a flying start to the new year as we take a commanding lead into the second leg as we win 4-0. Escalante got sent off for Villa which made things easier but they don't register 1 shot on our goal

FA Cup Third Round
Swindon vs Liverpool

View attachment 208845

We get an easy draw in the third round and we get some game time to our younger players as our new signing Filipe gets his first goal for the club on his debut!

Newcastle vs Liverpool

View attachment 208843

Newcastle are doing surprisingly well this year as they are in the top four so I expected a strong challenge. It was a fairly even match as Sturridge gets a brace that saves the 3 points at St James Park​

View attachment 208500

January 2017

Man City vs Liverpool

View attachment 208499

Well talk about a wake up call early in January. We went into the Etihad and we might have well not shown up with our performance. Aguero got a brace as we lose one to forget 0-2

Liverpool vs West Brom

View attachment 208495

We bounce back with a win but I'm still not convinced with our performance as we get a late goal in the 91st minute. With the last two games this is the wrong time in the season to take a dip in form

Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg
Aston Villa vs Liverpool

View attachment 208494

After we built up a 4 goal advantage from leg 1 we went into this game playing some younger players and they deliver 2 goals from Mammana and Malcom we we get a total aggregate of 6-1 to move onto the final

League Table

View attachment 208491

After 21 games we have a 10 point lead at the top of the table above Man Utd. Newcastle continue their impressive season as they sit tied in 3rd place with Tottenham. I feel real good about our chances now as we have a real solid chance to win the league with a 10 point cushion but anything can happen and we need to stay sharp for the rest of the season

FA Cup Fourth Round
Liverpool vs Chelsea

View attachment 208493

We get a tough draw in the fourth round but I thought our home field advantage would carry us through but all we can manage is a 2-2 draw which puts us in a tough spot going to Stamford Bridge for the replay. We need to get a win to advance as we gave up 2 away goals at home

West Ham hire Zidane

View attachment 208492

A good hire for West Ham but can he turn their season around?​

Last edited:
View attachment 208434

February 2017

Liverpool vs Arsenal

View attachment 208433

A disappointing draw at home to Arsenal as we control the match but we are unable to get a goal as we settle for a point. Our dip in form continues into February

Liverpool vs Swansea

View attachment 208432

We get back to winning ways as we host Swansea thanks to our new January signing Tielemans. Moreno added a third in the 57th minute as it turned out to be the winner

Champions League First Knockout Round Leg 1
Liverpool vs Dynamo Kyiv

View attachment 208430

I really wanted to start out the tie with a good result at home but unfortunately we end up with a 1-1 draw, which is a big disappointment. We now need to go on the road and get a result as their away goal could be crucial

FA Cup Fourth Round Replay
Chelsea vs Liverpool

View attachment 208428

Another big match as we have to play the replay at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea dominated the match at home but could never get a goal. Sturridge gave us the lead in the 87th minute as we knock Chelsea out. I have to say we were fortunate as we didn't really deserve to move on, but our chance to repeat as champions stays alive

Back