• Thread starter Thread starter Sticx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 14K
View attachment 208426

February 2017

Norwich vs Liverpool

View attachment 208425

An unfortunate defeat as we played well enough to get a win but we can't make our chances count as we fall 1-2. With the string of bad results in the new year our lead slips at the top

FA Cup Fifth Round
Liverpool vs Aston Villa

View attachment 208424

A very comftrable 3-0 win that was helped out by Crespo picking up an early second yellow as we only allow Villa 3 shots in the match

View attachment 208418

We set a new FA Cup record as we maintain a 12 game unbeaten run since I took over as manager. We are now in a great position to repeat as Cup winners

Liverpool vs Southampton

View attachment 208423

We get back on track in the league with a win over Southampton at home. Sturridge, Milner, and Lallana all get goals as we get the 3 points

Capital One Cup Final
Chelsea vs Liverpool

View attachment 208422

Chelsea were looking for revenge as we knocked them out of the FA Cup only just 2 weeks ago, but we go into Stamford Bridge and pick up another victory thanks to a brace from Can. The Capital One Cup wasn't a priority for us but it's always nice to beat a team like Chelsea in the final

View attachment 208417

The two Cup exits we inflict on Chelsea are enough as Roman Abramovich loses patience and sacks Mourinho

View attachment 208416

Our January signing Tielemans wins young player of the month for February

View attachment 208414

Last edited:
View attachment 208402

March 2017

Champions League First Knockout Round 2nd Leg
Dynamo Kyiv vs Liverpool

View attachment 208401

A superb result away from home when we needed one! I was afraid the away goal from the 1st leg would be crucial but we got a convincing 2-0 win thanks to Coutinho and Firmino. We knockout Dynamo Kyiv and move on to the quarter-finals!

Q.P.R. vs Liverpool

View attachment 208399

After the Champions League mid-week win we come back to the League with a disappointing draw as we drop points on the road. The only bright spot was our January signing Tielemans gets another goal

Champions League Quarter-Final Draw

View attachment 208398

We get a very favorable draw against Sporting as we avoid the bigger clubs. This draw gives us a very strong chance to get to the Semi-Final if we play up to our capabilities

FA Cup 6th Round
Fulham vs Liverpool

View attachment 208397

An early goal from wonderkid Ibe is all we need as we get the 1-0 victory and move one step closer to repeating as champions

March League Table

View attachment 208396

Our lead at the top is down to 6 points but we do have a game in-hand. Tottenham and Newcastle continue to surprise as they sit in second and third. Sturridge is in a bit of a goal scoring slump as Hazard overtakes him for the league scoring leader

Villas-Boas takes the vacant Chelsea job

View attachment 208395

West Ham vs Liverpool

View attachment 208394

We completely dominate the match as we outshoot West Ham 21 to 2, but they get a goal on their only shot on target. We don't lose ground in the title race however as Tottenham also drop points

Liverpool vs Crystal Palace

View attachment 208392

Lallana gets the only goal as we beat Palace 1-0 and pick up 3 valuable points to keep breathing room at the top of the table. At the end of March we are still 6 points in the lead and the reality of the league title is getting closer and closer!

Last edited:
View attachment 208062

April 2017

Leicester vs Liverpool

View attachment 208059

Heading into April we sit atop the league with a 9 point lead and we pick up the win at Leicester to start the month. Malcom, Ings, and Moreno score as we control the match and keep our lead intact

Liverpool vs Man Utd

View attachment 208058

A very important North-West Derby as Utd is trying to make up ground and close the gap on us but we rise to the occasion at Anfield. We get the 4-0 shutout as we only allow Utd 1 shot on target. I continue my undefeated run in the North-West rivalry

April League Table

View attachment 208054

With 7 games remaining we hold on to our 9 point lead at the top. Tottenham continue to have an amazing season as they remain in second, but Newcastle come down to earth as they are knocked out of the top 4. With 21 points still to play for I feel like we have a real good chance to win the league but we can't afford to slip up now

Champions League Quarter-Final Leg 1
Sporting vs Liverpool

View attachment 208051

I really wanted an away goal in the first match in Portugal but we lose 0-1. We do a nice job on the road but they scored on their only shot on goal. We need a result now at home in the return leg as a goal from them could be disastrous

Aston Villa vs Liverpool

View attachment 208046

We bounce back from our mid-week defeat and grab a 2-1 win at Villa Park thanks to an own goal to keep our title dream intact

Champions League Quarter-Final Leg 2
Liverpool vs Sporting

View attachment 208051

What a second leg! They got an early away goal and I thought we were finished but we answered with 5 goals of our own. Ings got a brace as we march on to the Semi-Final!

View attachment 208043

April 2017

Champions League Semi-Final Draw

View attachment 208041 View attachment 208040

A hammer draw as we have to face Real Madrid again. They finished top of our group C but we stayed even on points. It will be very tough to progress to the final but anything can happen now!

FA Cup Semi Final
Liverpool vs Stoke

View attachment 208039

We dominate the Semi Final as we get a 4-0 win at home. Ings got a brace as we hold Stoke to just 2 shots on goal. We get to the final for a second straight year as we stay on course to repeat as Cup winners

Liverpool vs Ipswich

View attachment 208038

We completely control the match but only manage 1 goal on our 23 shots thanks to Sturridge who breaks out of his goal scoring drought. More importantly however is Tottenham drop points and we clinch the title with 4 games to spare! We have scored the most goals in the league at 69 for, and tied for the fewest allowed at 26 in truly a remarkable season!

View attachment 208035 View attachment 208034

We wrap up the league and the Capital One Cup and we are still alive in the FA Cup and Champions League for a possible 4 trophies this year!

Everton vs Liverpool

View attachment 208032

With the league wrapped up I was hesitant to play too many youngsters in the final Merseyside Derby as I really wanted to win at Goodison Park. I immediately regret that decision as Coutinho picks up an injury and we have to settle for a 1-1 draw to close out the month of April​

Last edited:
View attachment 207895

May 2017

Champions League Semi Final Leg 1
Liverpool vs Real Madrid

View attachment 207894

We wanted to use our home fans to give us a leg up on Madrid in the first match but it just didn't happen. I was very happy with our team performance as we outshot Madrid 20-6, but we couldn't turn that into goals as we lose 1-2. Giving up 2 away goals it will be very tough to get back into the tie especially having to go to Madrid next

Liverpool vs Tottenham

View attachment 207893

With the title secured we used the opportunity to get some solid game time for our youngsters. Ings got the only goal as we continued our excellent run of form

Champions League Semi Final Leg 2
Real Madrid vs Liverpool

View attachment 207892 View attachment 207889

I knew going into the second leg it was going to be very tough but we came so close! We win in Madrid 1-0 tanks to Sturridge in the 80th minute. It wasn't enough however as the final aggregate was 2-2 and we are eliminated on away goals. I have to say I was proud of how the team went in to the Bernabeu and got a victory. There's no shame to losing to Madrid on away goals

Chelsea vs Liverpool

View attachment 207888

With only 2 games to go in the League we go into Stamford Bridge and get the 3 points thanks to a brace from Sturridge. With nothing to play for it's nice to go away to Chelsea and still get a victory. The only downside is Mingolet was injured and will miss the FA Cup Final

Liverpool vs Stoke

View attachment 207884

We end the season on a high as we beat Stoke 3-2. Allen, Moreno, and Gomez all score as we end an incredible League Title in my second season as Liverpool FC Manager!

Hazard wins Player of the Year with 25 goals

View attachment 207883

I take Manager of the Year with a 71% win percentage

View attachment 207882

Moreno, Laporte, Clyne, Firmino, and Sturridge all named to team of the year

View attachment 207881

West Ham didn't stick with Zidane for very long

View attachment 207880

FA Cup Final
West Brom vs Liverpool

View attachment 207879

We repeat as FA Cup Champions as we beat West Brom 4-2! Sturridge takes home the match ball with his first hat-trick of the season as we lift the Cup for the second straight year!

Domestic Treble!

View attachment 207878 View attachment 207877

What a second season for me as manager as we take home the Capital One Cup, FA Cup, and the League Title!

Liverpool best XI

View attachment 207876 View attachment 207875

Real Madrid win Champions League

View attachment 207874

Final 2016/2017 League Table

View attachment 207873

We finish the season 17 points clear of Man Utd in an amazing season! Chelsea and Tottenham round out the top four. Sturridge finished 3rd in goals with 22 and Clyne has the highest rating of the league!

Last edited:
View attachment 207525

Summer 2017

World Cup 2022 Moved

View attachment 207524

Summer signings

View attachment 207522

I felt that our LB situation was the one aspect of our team that needs strengthening. Besides Moreno we have no real alternative and if he gets injured we would really be in a pinch. So with the majority of our transfer budget we convince him that he won't get much playing time in Barcelona and we bring him to Anfield. He is younger than Moreno and has higher potential so I see him being our LB of the future, but at 22 he is ready to contribute now

View attachment 207520

With Ings wanting to move on to get more playing time and Origi not completely ready to step in as our second striker I brought in Berahino from West Brom. He doesn't need time to adjust to the Premier League so I see him rotating with with Sturridge this year

View attachment 207513

In keeping with our focus on youth development I bring in a young striker for the future with amazing potential. He is just 20 so I decide to loan him in Portugal since he is fluent in the language and he will be utilized as a key player.

View attachment 207509

We also sign a young talented Spanish midfielder in Roig. He is just 19 and I thought he might have trouble adapting to England at such a young age so we loan him to Almeria in La Liga for the season. He doesn't have quite the potential as the others but he has very strong attributes in key areas for a midfielder

View attachment 207508

We had to say goodbye to Skrtel this summer. He is getting up there in age at 33 this year and he is just not able to keep up with our younger defenders. So when Monaco came in with a decent bid we had to take it

2017 Community Shield

View attachment 207506

A North-West Derby to raise the curtain on the 2017/2018 season. Sturridge gets a brace and Firmino gets a late goal on the 90th minute to give us a 3-0 win to lift the first trophy of the season!

View attachment 207096

August 2017

Liverpool vs Hull

View attachment 207095

We open our title defense with a 2-1 win over Hull at Anfield. Firmino and Sturridge both get their first goals of the season

Stoke vs Liverpool

View attachment 207094

We face Stoke next at the Britannia and Sturridge secures us the 3 points with his first brace of the season. We dominated the match but gave up a late goal to win 2-1

Liverpool vs Newcastle

View attachment 207093

Newcastle did very well last year so I was expecting a tough match but it was by far our most dominant performance in a long time. Our sole goal by Nouri doesn't do the match justice as and with 20 shots I am disappointing in our finishing. On top of that we lose Firmino to a lengthy injury

View attachment 207092

Not the way I wanted to start out the year but it will give some younger players a chance to step up and solidify their place in the starting 11

Champions League Group Stage Draw

View attachment 207088

Overall not a terrible group to be drawn with. Zenit seem to be our toughest challenge but Ajax and Galatasaray could cause some surprises. I do like our chances to top the group though

Man City vs Liverpool

View attachment 207087

Our first big challenge of the new season as we travel to the Etihad. I have to say we got somewhat outplayed for the first time this year, but we hold out for a 0-0 draw. Taking a point away to City however isn't the worst result possible

View attachment 206513

September 2017

Liverpool vs West Brom

View attachment 206511

Sturridge gets his first brace of the year as we brush aside West Brom 4-1.

Champions League Group Stage Match 1
Liverpool vs Galatasaray

View attachment 206509

First group stage match and I wanted to get a strong start in the group as I think we should really be finishing first in this group. We got off to a good start as we beat Galatasaray 2-1 at home

Arsenal vs Liverpool

View attachment 206504

A big matchup following the Champions League midweek as we travel to the Emirates to face Arsenal. Coutinho and Tielemans both got on the scoresheet as we take what could be vital points away from home. Sturridge picked up a minor injury but won't be out more than a few days luckily

Capital One Cup Third Round
West Ham vs Liverpool

View attachment 206497

With a big game with Chelsea on the weekend I had to rotate and play some youngsters as the Capital One Cup isn't a priority. Our young defender Mammana got sent off and I thought we were going to have to draw until Berahino scored in the 93rd minute seconds before the game would have ended

Liverpool vs Chelsea

View attachment 206496

Can picked up man of the match as we send Chelsea packing with a 2-0 win. We only allow 1 shot on goal as we continue our dominance at home

View attachment 206490

September 2017

Zenit vs Liverpool

View attachment 206487

Zenit is likely going to be our toughest competition so a result in St. Petersburg was outstanding as Berahino gets the only goal of the game. After 2 matches we take all 6 points and sit atop Group B

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool

View attachment 206482

We close out the month of September with a 2-1 win at Palace as Berahino continues his excellent form. 4 straight wins for us as we set the early pace for the league​

View attachment 200961

October 2017

September Awards

View attachment 200959 View attachment 200957

Nouri takes September young player of the month and I pick up head coach of the month as we make a strong start to the new season

Q.P.R. vs Liverpool

View attachment 200960

Nouri continues his impressive start to the year as he gets the games only goal in the 77th minute as we beat Q.P.R. 1-0

Champions League Group Stage match 2
Liverpool vs Ajax

View attachment 200956

Second match of the group and it looked like we might not find a goal even though we dominated Ajax at home. Berahino and Ibe however did find the equalizer and go ahead goal we stayed perfect in group B

Liverpool vs Burnley

View attachment 200955

A very disappointing draw as Burnley sit in the relegation zone. I am happy with the way we played we just couldn't find a game winner

Chelsea fire Villas-Boas

View attachment 200953

Capital One Cup Fourth Round
Newcastle vs Liverpool

View attachment 200952

We aren't making a good end to the month as we get knocked out of the Cup by Newcastle on penalties. Sturridge, Coutinho, and Can all missed from the spot.

Swansea vs Liverpool

View attachment 200948 View attachment 200947

We end the month of October with a 2-1 win thanks to a brace from Sturridge. Bad news however is that Lallana is out for
2-3 months with a hip injury​

Last edited:
Back