Chris Hull

Reaction score
Looking to start a Liverpool career. They don't start off with a transfer budget (well not one that's of any use) but I believe they have enough assets in the team to get back into Europe. Will be looking to put my own stamp on the team by getting rid of any players I consider deadwood as soon as possible. Would also like to get more youth players for the future under contract. Possibility of a loan or two as well. I also like to have to an excellent set of staff so I'll most likely clear out the current crop of staff and bring in my own.

I am a real amateur FM player, so bare with me!

Anderlecht 1 - 4 Liverpool

Started with a friendly game against Anderlecht.

Anderlecht 1-4 Liverpool
Henderson(2) Suarez(23, 43) Borini(28)

Was considering selling Borini but I'll see how he does. Want to keep Henderson to keep some depth in midfield (plus Lucas is currently injured).

Downing and Shelvey are currently transfer listed. Desperately need a a left-back and a right winger. Current plan at the moment for the season

4-2-3-1

Sturridge/Borini

Suarez/Sterling Coutinho/Gerrard (currently Sturridge)

Lucas Allen/Henderson

Enrique Agger/Carragher Skrtel/Coates Johnson/Kelly

Reina/Gulasci

As you can see, the left back position needs some depth, and I do have players that can play on the right wing, but I want to employ Sturridge as a striker to battle for the position with Borini, so I really need to sell the likes of Downing, Assaidi and Shelvey to raise some funds to get a quality first-team right winger in.

Would also like to get a new centre back to fill Carragher's role as well as a decent back-up for Reina.

Last edited:
Keep it up mate, my personal advice would be to add a few screenshots of fixtures/results etc. Just to give people a feel for the game really that your playing. A bit more colour might help too to grab the readers attention.

You can have a look at mine if you want to see what type of layout you could maybe use? You don't have to of course, just a suggestion mate.

KUTGW anyway :) Here's the link to mine.. - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...re-lighting-fire-elland-road-leeds-story.html

Mutually terminated Colin Pascoe's contract. Terrible assistant manager for what I want to achieve. Have signed Ayestaran as assistant manager to try and promote attacking play within the squad.

Managed to sell Downing to Tottenham for £7.75m. QPR have also picked up Shelvey for £6m (most of it over 48 months).

Another friendly to report to. Was slightly concerned that we didn't put more past them, but we controlled the game well enough.

Hereford 0 - 2 Liverpool
Sturridge (34) Suarez (53)

Bought Junior Hoilett for £8.25m from QPR (he was very happy at QPR, so I've had to offer him 83k a week). It's a lot for him, but it's a 4 year deal so should get his prime years out of him and be able to offer him an extension if it works out. Great young player who can have an instant impact. Hoping the goal bonuses in his contract will encourage him to go for goal often as well.

View attachment 472472

Sturridge can also cover him to, so it gives me plenty of options up the top now. Most likely, Sturridge will start as a striker, with Suarez on the left, Coutinho in the middle and Hoilett on the right. Plenty of goals in that lot, and Borini can start the occasional game, as well as Gerrard occassionally moving up to CAM for big games (Manchester United, Everton) until Coutinho has grown a bit.

Next priority is defense, although I've got next to no transfer budget left, so I may have to try and find a veteran loan star if any are available.

Last edited:
Sent a loan deal for Antonio Adan from Real Madrid for the season, with a future fee of £2m. Will provide some decent cover for Reina, and also the possibility he'll become permanent back-up if this season goes well. Only 25 and doesn't look like he'll ever make the first team, but he's a lot better than Gulasci for when Reina needs a rest.

View attachment 472465

Just need to get hold of a covering left-back. Certainly don't have enough funds to try and purchase a quality left-back this season, even if I manage to sell Assaidi, so it looks like Enrique will get the start, and hopefully will be covered by a decent loan player should he get injured. Am satisfied with how the attack looks, just again, the defense still looks a bit shaky to me.

Last edited:
Liverpool 3 - 1 Naftan
Gerrard (49) Hoilett (58) Coutinho (73)

View attachment 472463

Was absolutely thrilled that Hoilett managed to grab a goal on his debut, however the conversion rate of the squad as a whole was questionable. Hit the woodwork twice in this game, could've easily been 5-1. Disappointed to have conceded a goal to such a poor team, already pointing out our defensive frailties. Lucas still hasn't fully recovered from his injury, but should be back in the next 2 weeks hopefully, which will steady the midfield defensively. Also good news and bad news on the transfer front.

Sent a deal for Mikel Balenziaga, a left back from Valladolid. Yet again, not another star player, but would add some much needed depth to the left-back position.

View attachment 472462

Sadly Adan refused the loan deal, so I'm in the market again for another keeper. Specifically looking at old veterans now who don't mind sitting on the bench for a few games.

Last edited:
Fantastic news on the transfer front.

First of all, Balenziaga accepted the loan deal, so Enrique will be the starting left back but I now have a capable player to cover him.

View attachment 472461

And I re-sent a deal to Real Madrid for Adan, this time setting him as a rotation player as oppose to back-up, and it seems that's what he wanted after he accepted the season long loan.

View attachment 472460

Obviously long term loan deals aren't ideal for an aspiring Champion's League team, but for now, I need to just finish in a decent position, around 5th or 6th in the Premier League and try and get some money coming into the club so that I have better maneuverability next summer and can really start to develop the squad. We'll also see who cements their place the club and who needs to be sold.

Last edited:
Naftan 0-1 Liverpool (1-4 Agg)
Gerrard (33)

View attachment 472459

Would like to have scored more goals, but we're through to the next round which is all that matters. Squad are beginning to blend together, and Gerrard's proving there's life in him yet! Want to see more from Suarez and Sturridge though or else Sterling and Borini are going to be getting a lot more playing time.

Last edited:
Assaidi sold for £4m to West Brom. Fans are disappointed, but I was happy to get that for him considering he's of no use in my team. Money has been re-invested by poaching the best scouts around. Hopefully got a team that will be able to identify the best up-and-coming players as well as give far more accurate current ability reports, which might be handy come January.

Got QPR in the first game of the Premiership, which means a re-union for Hoilett and Shelvey at each of their respective clubs. QPR have certainly got me worried, they're on good form coming into the season and have recently drawn with AC Milan. Going to ensure Shelvey doesn't score and hope Hoilett can ****** one against his old team. Will be going all-out attack to try and make an early statement in the new season.

Don't expect any transfer activity in the remainder of the window (about 2 weeks) due to lack of funds. Have already sold off the dead wood, so I really don't have any way of getting out of that situation right now. If I was being greedy, I'd ask for another CAM to cover Coutinho while Gerrard is playing CM, as far as I'm concerned, Coutinho owns that spot now because I want him and Gerrard both playing rather than one of them sitting on the bench so Coutinho takes the attacking spot, plus I'm not fully confident in either Henderson or Allen to play alongside Lucas as of yet, so Gerrard gets the CM spot.

Lucas won't be playing against QPR and I'll be giving Henderson the nod because he performed pretty well during pre-season. Allen hasn't done anything to impress me so far, and is a potential candidate for the chop at the moment.

Last edited:
Liverpool 0 - 0 QPR

View attachment 472407

We should have won this game. Hoilett had a chance to seal victory, and Agger had a goal rightly disallowed for offside near the end. Disappointing start to the season and the sort of the game that can haunt you further down the line.

Next game is Linfield in the Europa League. Will naturally be playing a lesser squad against them to give the likes of Sterling and the new signings a chance to shine.

Last edited:
Liverpool 4 - 0 Linfield
Suarez (48) Borini (68) Sterling (70) Coutinho (90+1)
View attachment 472402

First half was very worrying. Played a mixture of first team and back-up players. Dominated the game all the way through, but our hit-rate in the first half was appalling. Poured on the attack in the second by changing formation and it made the difference. The first half performance is still troubling though against such lowly opposition, this match could've easily been 7 or 8 for us.

Last edited:
Ey! Gl on your story. If youre struggling, you can try my liverpool tactic posted in the tactics, it fits liverpool and i'd love as many testers.

Southampton 0-2 Liverpool
Gerrard (47) Suarez (81)

Needed these 3 points to get us off the mark in the Premier League properly. Went all out attack, probably could've had another goal or two. Experimented with Suarez upfront after half time, and also gave Gerrard the start at CAM ahead of Coutinho. Looking at the scorers, it seems to have worked, so it's something to consider. Coutinho can play out on the left and Hoilett can play out on the right still, with Lucas and Allen behind them. Henderson, Sturridge and Borini can also be thrown into most positions too.

View attachment 472104

Sadly in this game, Agger got injured just before the break, with Carragher seeing out the remainder of the game. Agger's now out for the next 3-4 weeks. Could've been months, so it's not too bad. I expect to see him back in a month and Coates and Carragher can cover his position between them for now. The only major game he'll miss is against Arsenal, but the fixture list isn't too congested. Hopefully the Europa League draw next round will be kind to us (providing we don't collapse against Linfield in second leg.

Last edited:
i would recommend making the screenshots bigger just double click the picture and you'll have a option of what size but good start

The transfer window isn't closed just yet, but I've finished with all my business in the window for now.

View attachment 472101

Final signing was Thomas Kahlenberg from Wolfsburg for £2.4m, which adds the final piece to the midfield, a back up for CAM, as well as being able to cover CM, LAM and LM, so he's a very experienced and diverse midfielder, just what we needed. I can't see us spending in January when it comes round. Finances are extremely tight now, but I think the investments have been worth it.

Last edited:
Linsfield 2 - 3 Liverpool (2-7 agg)
Carragher (Pen 5) Henry (OG 59) Suarez (83)

No idea what happened in this game. There were own goals and a penalty. Comfortably up 2-0 before Linsfield somehow pulled it back to 2-2, which is very embarrassing. Played a weaker squad in the first half, and brought on some first team players in the second. Suarez saved us from a draw at Linsfield, but yet again, it was the conversion rate of our strikers that let us down. Borini is certainly looking good for sale in January, as he has been very poor. Looking to play Suarez more often as a striker instead of the on the left wing from now on, with Coutinho as the starter, covered by Sterling. Gerrard can now take the central attacking midfielder role and can be covered by Kahlenberg.

View attachment 472100

Transfer window closed.

Here are the top deals. We obviously didn't have the spending power of Manchester United or Manchester City, so naturally they've made some marquee signings. I've instead worked with what we've got and tried to add depth to the squad.

Florent Malouda was available for a bargain price, and many clubs came in on deadline day to try and sign him. I tried to sign him a few weeks ago as he was for sale for about a third of his value. The stumbling block, as you can imagine for a Chelsea player, was his wage demands. He's currently on £100,000 a week at Chelsea, which is just ludicrous. When I was negotiating with him, he did ask for around 60,000, but I thought that was way too much. I was looking to spend at maximum about £30,000 a week for a player who would act as a very good back-up on the left wing for Suarez. He didn't get sold in the end, and I think he'll see the end of his contract with Chelsea at those wages.

View attachment 472099

This is the final squad that I'll be playing the season with. Players that can't be seen on the list are Suarez, Sturridge and Borini, all with a potential of 4 stars.

View attachment 472098

I've ensured that all players are at least 2 and a half star recommended as the average, with most of the first team being higher than that. We should have enough quality to reach 5th in the league this season as well as challenge for the Europa League.

View attachment 472097

Feyenoord should prove the only tricky game in our group, so we should come through it 1st. There are some real tough teams in the Europa league though, and I'd like to avoid the likes of Inter and Spurs, otherwise we might see an early exit from Liverpool.

Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
Never like playing a team like Stoke. They've got tall, physical players who can keep the best in the world at bay. I would've taken this result away, but at home, we should've gotten a goal. Henderson did have a goal disallowed and a shot was cleared off their line near the end, so I suppose there was a degree of unluckiness in the final result. Yet again though, it's our finishing that's preventing victory.

View attachment 472008

I've just discovered Kahlenberg is actually the best at taking set-pieces in the squad (even better than Suarez and Gerrard which is saying something). I've set him as the primary kick taker for corners and free-kicks, so I'm hoping we might get a few more goals in this way.

Liverpool 5 - 0 Sunderland
First big win of the season against some decent opposition. Bit of an alteration with the line-up with Kahlenberg taking the central attacking role ahead of Coutinho and Gerrard. Suarez played up the top flanked by Sturridge and Hoilett. However, both Hoilett and Kahlenberg were injured during the match and both are out for around about a week.

Lucas played the game of his career. Very happy that he has seemingly fully recovered from his previous injury.

View attachment 471997