nani17united

Reaction score

Liverpool-crest.jpg

PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE

Liverpool Football Club Story

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

images

Beatson Appointed As Hodgeson Replacement

Liverpool FC have appointed an unknown figure to replace Roy Hodgeson at the club. Hodgeson, who had an disspointing spell in charge, was shown the exit door by the Liverpool heirachy after a string of poor performances last season.

Scott Beatson, 42, whom played football to a semi-professional level, has been unveiled as the new manager. Some fans have already voiced their concerns over the newcomer stating that the club needs a "far more experienced manager" if they are to rise once again to the top of world football.

Beatson replied by stating, "I can fully understand that some fans may not accept me immediately given my lack of experience. But I have grown up supporting the club and I will put my heart and soul into improving Liverpool".

RoyHodgsonBig.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

papertalkgfx.png

[] Manchester United are reportedly tracking a replacement for Patrice Evra and Fabio Contrao seems the ideal candidate.

[] Chelsea are targeting Anderlecht's Romelu Lukaku as a long-term replacement for Didier Drogba.

[] Fulham are chasing unhappy Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland. Liverpool are also interested in the former Man City player.

[] Jan Vertonghen has expressed his desire at a move to Old Trafford as a replacement for Rio Ferdinand.

[] Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reportedly flown to France to take a closer look at Yann M'Vila.

[] Stoke City want Zavon Hines from West Ham on loan.

[] Emmanuel Adebayor has handed in a transfer request at Manchester City.

[] Reports are sufacing that Ashley Young is unhappy at Villa Park and is seeking a move to a bigger club.

[] Liverpool are tracking Borrussia Dortmund starlet Mario Gotze, apparently wanting to take the youngster on a season-long loan.

RomeluLukaku_2372655.jpg

Mvila2.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

lpool-3.png

Pre Season Friendlies Announced

19th July - Liverpool vs Brentford - 19:45

21 July - Sheffield United vs Liverpool - 19:45

23rd July - Liverpool vs Genk - 20:00

31st July - Aberdeen vs Liverpool - 15:00

2nd August - Liverpool vs Real Madrid - 19:45

Beatson told media "I am thoroughly looking forward to our extensive pre-season campaign. It is important that the squad gels and that we get a heathy team spirit thriving in the dressing room before the start of the season"

After being questioned about rumours suggesting Liverpool may be chasing Stephen Ireland and Mario Gotze, Beatson replied, "I'm not sure where the [Stephen] Ireland rumour has come from, however I am prepared to go on record by saying that yes, I am doing everything in my capability to sign [Mario] Gotze."

Gotze, who has been tipped as the biggest talent to come out of Germany in the past two decades, is currently with Bundesliga outfit Borrussia Dortmund.

0-3-torjubel.jpg

Last edited:
Nice neat start, good luck bud.

lpool-3.png

Beatson Claims Debut Victory

Liverpool 3 - 0 Brentford
Lucas (8'), Babel (32'), Kyrgiakos (81')

Reina
Johson-Skrtel-Agger-Aurelio
Lucas-Meireles
Kuyt-Gerrard-Babel
Torres

Liverpool manager Scott Beatson will be more than happy tonight after a comfortable and cofident performance by his side in a 3-0 victory over Brentford in the first of five pre-season friendlies.

It was Brazilian midfielder Lucas who opened Liverpools account over a lacklustre opposition, with a tap in from four yards.

Lucas was heavily involved in the second after teeing up Ryan Babel with a perfectly weighted through-ball that the dutchman made no mistakes in tucking it into the bottom corner.

Brentford failed to create any chance throughout the game and it was soon finished off when Kyrgiakos nodded home the third from a Gerrard corner.

"It was a great result and a good run out for the lads. I'm very impressed with what I saw tonight and hope to build on this," Beatson told media in the post match press conference.

sotirioskyrgiakosceleb20101024_350x197.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Nice neat start, good luck bud.

Cheers mate! Hope you enjoy it

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

images

Official: Liverpool Sign Adebayor

Liverpool manager Scott Beatson has made his first move in the summer transfer market after snapping up Manchester City wantaway Emmanuel Adebayor.

The Togolese and former Arsenal star was unhappy at Eastlands and handed in a transfer request last week. Reoberto Mancini was reportedly asking for a fee of
£6,000,000 to prize the striker out of Manchester.

With Juventus and Real Madrid after Adebayor also, Beatson was forced to act hastily in snapping up the 26 year old.

"We had to make sure we got in quickly. He is a great player, and he has proven that during his time at Arsenal and Manchester City; therefore we made sure we lodged a bid before both Juve and Madrid," Beatson stated.

Time will tell to see how the manager fits his new signing into the Liverpool setup, but maybe this is a hint that Torres may be headed out the door? We'll keep you updated here on Goal.com.

Barnsley+v+Manchester+City+Pre+Season+Friendly+jFyVx0Q3HuQl.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

images

Beatson Continues Spree

Scott Beatson has continued his spending spree over night after announcing the singings of Fabio Coentrao and Mario Gotze.

Coentrao was signed from Portuguese side Benfica in an
£11,250,000 deal. The attacking left-back has recently proven his status as one of Europes current stars after a sensational season including a marvellous World Cup.

"I am delighted to have signed for such an illustrious club. I can't wait to make my debut and show the fans that I belong here at Liverpool", Coentrao said.

Meanwhile Beatson finally tied down a season-long loan deal for German wonderkid Mario Gotze. The Borrussia Dortmund attacking midfielder is said to be the brightest talent in two decades.

fabioc.jpg

x250.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:47 PM ----------

lpool-3.png

Reds Grind Slim Win

Sheffield Utd 0 - 1 Liverpool
Agger (4')

Jones
Johson-Skrtel-Carragher-Coetntrao
Lucas-Meireles
Gotze-Gerrard-Cole
Adebayor

Liverpool managed a slender 1-0 victory over a tough Sheffield United side this evening. Beatson was eager to build on his debut victory in the first pre-season friendly and did so, however with a shaky looking team.

It looked to be a comfortable night for The Reds after Daniel Agger put the visitors ahead after just four minutes. The Dane smashed home a close range volley from a smart Mario Gotze corner. Agger's sublime finish made him look as though he should be partnering Adebayor upfront.

Sheffield United 'parked the bus' so to speak, by playing with every man behind the ball. Beatson's tactics were not quite polished enough to break the tough opposition, so his side were forced to settle for the slight but important victory.

Liverpool+v+Blackburn+Rovers+Premier+League+EpRIA4B52_8l.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

images

World Scouting Trip Ends With New Youngsters

Liverpool manager Scott Beatson has arrived home after a week long scouting trip in which he jetted around the globe to coutries such as Croatia, Brazil, Argentina, Japan and around Europe.

Before his departure Beatson stated, "I am on a mission to secure some of the youngest and most talented footballers that we can sculpt and nurture for the future."

Upon his return Beatson headed straight into a press conference and annoucned the clubs acquisition of no less than six new players. Several sixteen year olds were bought to boost the U18 team, with Mateo Kovacic the brightest name.

Beatson's brightest new signings from the trip were Connor Wickham (
£3,200,000), Tom Cairney (£1,650,000) and Erik Lamela (£1,900,000).

images

Tom_Cairney.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

lpool-3.png

Reds Grind Slim Win

Liverpool 4 - 0 Genk
Agger (19'), N'Gog (59'), Babel (72'), Kelly (79')

Reina
Kelly-Wilson-Carragher-Konchesky
Lucas-Meireles
Kuyt-Gerrard-Jovanovic
Adebayor

Liverpool managed a superb four goal rout of Genk this evening with a confident display of possession and sublime finishing.

Always favourites for the friendly match at Anfield, Liverpool's in-form defender Daniel Agger got them off to a good start by scoring his second goal in as many games with a diving header from a Gerrard corner.

Genk then hit the crossbar from a 20 yard free kick after Paul Konchesky brought down Thomas Buffel.

Liverpool hit straight back with a second as David N'Gog netted a side footed shot through a seemingly impenetrable line of defence. The Frenchman wriggled his way through the Genk midfield before faking a pass to Gerrard, the youngster then curled the ball into the back of the net.

Fabio Coentrao made an immediate impact after he was brought on for Konchesky. The Portueguese newcomer's first touch was a pin-point cross to the back post for Ryan Babel to volley home for the third.

A tired Genk side were given the knockout blow thanks to an incredible strike from young right-back Martin Kelly. After an exchange between Meireles and Gerrard, the former managed to lay off a delicate pass for Kelly to run on to: and the 20 year old smashed an unstoppable 25 yard belter up into the top corner.

Beatson told media, "That is a great feeling: beating a decent side by four goals. The lads are brimming with confidence at the moment and that will only help."

After being asked about the quality of goals, the manager replied, "It was frankly incredible. You wont get better goals in a match than that - let alone four of them. And to finish the night with that goal from Martin Kelly was excellent. It really remineded me of Danny Rose's goal for Spurs against Arsenal last season."

Liverpools-Ryan-Babel-001.jpg

Last edited:
very good start, some nice signings, keep up the good work

Cheers mate!

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

lpool-3.png

9k=
images
images

Liverpool In Control After First Leg

Torpedo Zhodino 0 - 4 Liverpool
Torres (9', 69'), Babel (86'), Maxi Rodriguez (89')

--------------------------------------------------------

Reina
Johnson-Carragher-Wilson-Coentrao
Cairney-Poulsen
Cole-Maxi Rodriguez-Babel
Torres

Liverpool are firmly in control of their UEFA Europe League 3rd Round Qualifying tie after are comprehensive 4-0 victory in the first leg.

In a match that Liverpool should have always won, it was Fernando Torres who struck the first blow after just 9 minutes. The Spaniard hit a low shot past the keeper after a great through ball by new signing Tom Cairney.

The young Scot was again involved in the second supplying a surperb freekick to the back post for Torres to head home. As a precaution, Beatson substituted Torres after his second to ensure he is fit for some important upcoming ties.

Torpedo Zhodino never looked in the match and conceded a third to Ryan Bable - and it was one to savour. The Dutchman weaved his way through two defenders before hitting a 30 yard half volley through the keepers hands.

The 4-0 scoreline was completed in the 89th minute after a simple shot from inside the box.

"It was a great performance from my boys today. I am very impressed and for Tom Cairney to have such a great game on debut is fantastic to see," Beatson said post-match.

Liverpool+v+Chelsea+UEFA+Champions+League+-b57QNOGP0nl.jpg

Last edited:
This is a very neat and good story, i will follow !

images

Official: Lee Sacked by 'Pool

Sammy Lee has been sacked by Liverpool as their assistant manager this morning.

"We felt it was the best option for the club at this time and it is what is needed if we are wanting to become great once again," the Liverpool owners said.

Lee, who also had spells with Bolton and England, left the club with no replacement. The Liverpool heirachy have announce that they are in the hunt for a new assistant but will not rush the decision as they feel Beatson can cope single-handedly on his own.

Meanwhile Peter Gulacsi and Emmanuel Mendy have left the club on free transfers as Beatson terminated their contacts.

"I wish them well in their futures but they just were not in my plans at the club and I felt they simply had to go," announced Beatson.

sport-graphics-2008_697104a.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

This is a very neat and good story, i will follow !

Thanks mate, hope you enjoy it!

Very nice so far. :)

Sell/release Itandje too btw, awful ******* he is. :p

Pete Gulacsi's alright.
Jack Robinson turns out great.
Good luck,

lpool-3.png

images
images

Reds Through After Comfortable Win

Liverpool (6-0 Agg) 2 - 0 Torpedo Zhodino
Wickham (31'), Kyrgiakos 79')

Wickham
Lamela-Gotze-Kuyt
Lucas-Cairney
Konchesky-Wilson-Kyrgiakos-Kelly
Jones

Liverpool have qualified for the next round of the Europa League after a 2-0 victory over Zhodino in the second leg this evening. The Reds go through 6-0 on aggregate.

Connor Wickham and Erik Lamela were to make their debuts after Beatson place the pair on the teamsheet along with a host of other youngsters such as Kelly, Wilson, Gotze and Cairney.

This proved to be a smart move as 17 year old Wickham became the youngest ever Europa League goalscore after scoring a well place shot in the 31st minute. The youngster looked a real threat throughout the match.

Tom Cairney came close with a long range effort on the stroke of half time but ws denied by the woodwork.

At 5-0 (on aggregate), the tie was well over, and Zhodino didn't even look like they wanted to be there. They conceded the final goal of the tie to Kyrgiakos as the defender netted a tap-in after the ball fell to his feet from a messy corner.

Liverpool play Gorica in the 4th Qualifying Round in one weeks time.

soto_1153408a.jpg

Who else should I sign guys?

I have just made a
£3m signing. I'll let you guess...

Defensive mid
Early-mid 20's
Excellent 2010 season

:D

Too easy eh! haha

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Z
images

Official: Annan to Anfield

Liverpool manager Scott Beatson has confirmed rumours tonight that Liverpool have signed Rosenborg and Ghana defensive midfield Anthony Annan.

The 24 year old had a stellar 2010 season, and was one of the stars at the South Africa World Cup. He had been on the radars of several of Europes top clubs such as Manchester United, Milan, Arsenal and Spurs.

A fee of
£3,000,000 was required to prize the midfielder away from Rosenborg.

"In the current economic climate it is hard to get quality for little money," Beatson exclaimed to media, "But that is exactly what we have here. Anthony [Annan] is a tremendous player, and the fee we paid should be looked at as a bargain."

anthonyannanworldcup.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

lpool-3.png

images

images

'Pool Fight Back to Sink Cottagers

Liverpool 4 - 2 Fulham
Kuyt (12', Pen 63'), Adebayor (47'), Babel (82') - Zamora (16', 33')

Adebayor
Cole-Gerrard-Kuyt
Lucas-Meireles
Coentrao-Wilson-Carragher-Johnson
Reina

Liverpool have fought back from a 2-1 deficit to record a 4-2 opening day win in the Barlcays Premier League against Fuham.

Beatson has won every game thus far in has Liverpool managerial career and looked to keep that record running after Dirk Kuyt struck a low shot past Schwarzer to make it 1-0 after 12 minutes.

However Fulham were not going to lie down, with Bobby Zamora scoring a one-on-one to equalise.

The Englishman then put the visitors ahead by scoring a second on 33 minutes. Zamora latched on to a Hughes ball to slide it past a helpless Reina.

Wise words must have been said by Beatson at the break as his Liverpool side came out firing and it was debutant Emmanuel Adebayor who drew level with a calmly placed shot from the edge of the area.

John Paintsil was deemed to have brought down Ryan Babel in the box and Howard Webb duly gave a penalty to Liverpool. Much to the delight of the onlooking Kop, Dirk Kuyt calmly slotted his spot kick to put his side in front.

The three points were guranteed when in-form Ryan Babel headed home a floating cross from the impressive Fabio Coentrao.

"To get the three points on opening day is very important," said Beatson, "The lads played a great brand of football and they showed some real character in fighting back."

Dirk+Kuyt.jpeg

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

lpool-3.png

images
images

Late Kuyt Strike Gives Reds Edge

Liverpool 1 - 0 Gorica
Kuyt (78')

Torres
Babel-Gerrard-Kuyt
Lucas-Meireles
Konchesky-Agger-Kyrgiakos-Johnson
Reina

A late Dirk Kuyt strike gave Liverpool a slender first leg home victory against 4th Round Qualifying opponents Gorica.

Beatson named a reasonable strong team with the likes of Torres, Gerrard and Meireles taking the field. However the Torres' night came to an abrupt end after half an hour when the Spanish star when down with broken ribs. He is expected to miss two-three weeks.

Liverpool controlled the game and came agonisingly close through Ryan Babel as the Dutchman smashed a 'can't miss' shot from just three yards against the crossbar.

Gorica were proving tough to break down as Liverpool could not create enough chances to put a goal away.

David N'Gog, who replaced the injured Torres, hooked a shot across goal that narrowly missed the outside post.

Gorica replied with a chance of their own through a Lazic strike, only to be denied by an incredible reflex save from Reina.

The deadlock was finally broken in the latter stages of the game when Dirk Kuyt finished a long spell of attacking play from Liverpool. The goal gives The Reds a slender one goal advantage heading into the second leg next week.

kuyt-3.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

images

Official: Di Salvo Appointed as Lee Replacement

Liverpool have confirmed Valter Di Salvo will be Sammy Lee's replacement as Assistant Manager at Liverpool. Lee was fired three weeks ago, and since then the club have reportedly had offers turned down by Martin O'Neill, Rafa Benitez, Avram Grant, Ray Wilkins and Roy Hodgeson.

Di Salvo, who has spent time with Real Madrid and Manchester United is said to be "extremely joyous" after joing the Anfield outfit.

Beatson has stated, "Valter [Di Salvo] is a great coach with managerial qualities. His work ethic and determination to succeed are unrivaled. He will be great here and I'm looking forward to working with him."

Liverpool take on Newcastle next, in the Barclays Premier League.

public%5Carticoli%5Cimmagini%5C7786_9695_di%20salvo.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

lpool-3.png

images

images

Reds Edge Toon In Tight Tussle

Newcastle 1 - 2 Liverpool
Zeman (44') - Gerrard (18', 58')

Adebayor
Cole-Gerrard-Kuyt
Annan-Meireles
Coentrao-Skrtel-Carragher-Johnson
Reina

Scott Beatson will be a relieved man after earning a hard fought 2-1 victory over Newcastle at St James Park this afternoon.

Anthony Annan, on his debut, was showing glimpses of class as he bossed the midfield and controlled the game. The new Ghanian signing made an excellent start by threading a ball through to Steven Gerrard to hit home from just inside the box.

Andy Carroll then combined well with Joey Barton, but the latter was unable to keep his shot down as it flew just over the bar.

Newcastle now-boy Martin Zeman then nodded home the equaliser on half time, much to the disgrace of Beatson. Martin Skrtel should have done better in keeping the Czech out of a heading position.

The game began to get heated and Emmanuel Adebayor was taken out in a shocking tackle by Coloccini; with the Togolese unable to continue. Adebayor, who was Beatson's second choice to the injured Fernando Torres, will now join the Spaniard for up to three weeks on the sidelines.

Steven Gerrard looked determined to keep Liverpools seven game winning streak going, and that he did. The Liverpool heartbeat managed top smash home a shot from range after being set up by Meireles.

steven-gerrard-2011-1-1-12-30-57.jpg

Last edited:
lpool-3.png

images
images

Youngsters Ease Past Gorica

Gorica 0 - 2 (0-3 Agg) Liverpool
Shelvey (15'), Agger (63')

Babel
Lamela-Shelvey-Gotze
Poulsen-Cairney
Aurelio-Agger-Kyrgiakos-Kelly
Reina

Scott Beatson took a gamble tonight by fielding a team of youngsters in Liverpool's 2nd leg match against Gorica. However, the gamble paid off with Beatson's side emerging 2-0 (3-0 Agg) victors.

A very young side consisting of the likes of Lamela, Shelvey, Gotze, Kelly and Cairney, domintated throughout the match.

In just the 15th minute, Jonjo Shelvey opened the scoring with a Gerrard-like strike from the edge of the area. His first ever goal for Liverpool.

Liverpool came close on several occasions but the telling blow was given from Daniel Agger, nodding home a Mario Gotze corner to ensure the victory.

Daniel_Agger_4.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

images

Maxi Rodriguez Out; Zaha In

Liverpool manager Scott Beatson has made another move in the transfer market overnight. Maxi Rodriguez has been offloaded to Hoffenheim, whilst England prospect Wilfried Zaha was snapped up from Crystal Palace.

Rodriguez, who found it hard at Anfield since his arrival 12 months ago, was sold to Bundesliga outfit Hoffenheim for
£4,000,000.

Maxi Rodriguez stated, "I appreciate Liverpool for giving me the opportunity at their club. But I never felt comfortable their and felt it was time to move on."

Meanwhile Beatson continued his aquisition of hot-prospects by reeling in Crystal Palace talent Wilfried Zaha. The 17 year old English striker was "delighted" to have joined the club and is eager to improve.

Wilfried+Zaha+Crystal+Palace+v+Leicester+City+kF6BrU6meatl.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

lpool-3.png

images

images

Liverpool Crush Toffees in Derby

Liverpool 2 - 0 Everton
Carragher (8'), Gerrard (pen 40')

N'Gog
Cole-Gerrard-Kuyt
Lucas-Meireles
Coentrao-Agger-Carragher-Johnson
Reina

This was tipped by many to be the match when Scott Beatson would finally taste the bitter side of managing such a big club - but no - Liverpool won their 10th game on the trot with a 2-0 victory in the Merseyside derby.

The pressure was on N'Gog to perform as his two counterpartsm, Torres and Adebayor, were out injured for the match. And he did not dissappoint; setting up Jamie Carragher's opening goal from a pinpoint cross.

Ryan Babel was on the bench today, and the in form winger showed his frustration by refusing to clap Joe Cole's tricky run that resulted in a penalty being given to The Reds. Steven Gerrard calmly stepped up to slot home the second goal of the night.

Everton managed to create a host of late chances but were denied by the woodwork as well as two stunning saves from Reina.

article-0-031CCAB1000005DC-192_306x367.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

lpool-3.png

images

images

Lone Strike Lifts 'Pool

Birmingham 0 - 1 Liverpool
Wilson (32')

N'Gog
Lamela-Gerrard-Cole
Lucas-Annan
Coentrao-Agger-Wilson-Carragher
Reina

Liverpool have managed to scrape a 1-0 victory over Birmingham today thanks to a lone Danny Wilson header.

Scott Beatson, who is swiftly securing his job at Anfield thanks to a mind-blowing unbeaten start to his reign. This win only added to that amazing record.

New signing Erik Lamela has had a dissappointing start to his Anfield career, but finally showed glimpses of excepetional talent today with flicks and tricks that hypnotized the Birmingham defence.

Cameron Jerome was the first to come close when he rattled the bar after rising to a Seb Larsson free kick.

The latter then should have put the hosts in front after Reina could only parry a Roger Johnson shot straight into Larsson's path, however the Swede could not get his shot on target.

In a match that was throughly dissappointing, the stalemate was finally broken when young, in-form defender Danny Wilson powerfully headed home Gerrard's corner.

"Points are points," stated Beatson, "It was an ugly win, but a win none the least."

reina_birmingham.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Anybody bought Zaha in their saves? He is immense in the reserves at the moment.