Liverpool FC The Long Term Story (With Rules) Part 2

View attachment 33564

Marco Asensio it is then and one thing he does add is the ability to take a set piece something this team really lacks. One of the my favourite none Liverpool players and his attributes are incredible, very creative, high passing and the ability to shoot from distance and finish as well. I cannot wait to see him on the pitch!

View attachment 32974
We also signed Jorge Beguiristain, quite a mouthful but I think we'll just call him Jorge or burgerstain. Just pulling this off for £9.5M and at aged 20 what a steal, we might of offered a large amount of any profit made on a future deal but this lad is capable of playing right now. At 6ft6 he looks like an absolute monster in the air, I wouldn't expect to see him much this season apart from cup games.

It was actually looking extremely likely that with Lovren having a year left on his contract, we'd sell him and bring in either Laporte, Umtiti or Gimenez for big money to partner Van Dijk. We're likely to see Joe Gomez there now instead, Lovren has left but Jorge comes in as a rotation player and really facilitated the move for Asensio.

View attachment 32973
There was a number of other regens we signed this summer but none of them will be joining up with the Liverpool team just yet. One that did come through as a transfer in this window is Guilermo Zarate, a central midfielder who's a bit more of a defender but also has a very good range of passing; bit of the Xabi Alonsos about him, if you had to compare him to anyone. He's gone back to his former club, Banfield on loan til January.

View attachment 32972
We did sign a couple of players on free transfers, confirmed since January but with Nathaniel Clyne extremely likely to leave this summer it made sense to bring in an older head to play back up at right back. So Lorenzo De Silvestri comes in and another player over 30 came in, experienced stopper Andriy Pyatov.

View attachment 32970View attachment 32969

In terms of players going out we managed to get rid of some of the deadwood on lengthy contracts, Edvard Tagseth left and Harry Wilson finally we got a decent offer for. Liam Coyle and Tony Gallacher both left for free, bit harsh calling Coyle deadwood but he's never gonna make it.

Shamal George has dropped all the way down to he Vanarama National but hopefully he does well, Dejan Lovren and Nathaniel Clyne brought in most of money for outs. Last of all we saw just two loans this summer, Mahmoud Awad will join Sampdoria in Italy and Jake Rodber joins Championship side Oxford United.

View attachment 32971

Last edited:
View attachment 32967
Approaching the first game of the season, we come in to it with just one change from the side that beat Juventus 6-1! Fabinho in for Jolly at right back and a question over Curtis Jones but he keeps his place over Son, knocked out in the groups in the Olympic Games but a bit tired to play in our last few pre season matches. Mourinho was actually very quick to call this a grudge match, while I played the Community Shield down.

Asensio is not just adding all the stuff I've already mentioned, he's even really good at free kicks and corners, something this Liverpool side has been missing since the departure of Steven Gerrard. It's notable that lots of corners and free kicks are actually creating good chances and being put in to the right area. Asensio found Firmino in space and Bobby opened the scoring, second half a terrible mistake from De Gea, the ball taken off him from Firmino who then decided to dribble towards a empty net and score.

With the attacking players at United I always knew they'd fight to try and stay in the game, we defended really well but last 10 minutes we seemed to lose our concentration a bit. Jack Wilshere, walked through our strange high line, thankfully for us though Asensio scored a well worked goal from a corner. Something it looks like we might've been working on in training, Gini from the edge of the box, finds Brewster who cuts it back for Keita to score. Youngster Angel Gomes made it interesting just before the ninety was up but that goal from Naby proving crucial then as we roll out 3-2 winners.

View attachment 32966
View attachment 32965
As the transfer window closes, it looks as though the spending has dried up a bit in the PL, Asensio was the biggest transfer in the league this summer and Florin Andone comes in at number two, £65M from Dortmund to City.

View attachment 32964
View attachment 32963
Plenty of big deals around the world, Kingsley Coman was the biggest of them all, moving from Bayern to PSG, elsewhere Bayern went big for Andre Silva from Dortmund and Saul from Atletico. Only Dortmund would lose both of their strikers in the same window, bringing in around £160M for the pair, but the only bit of big business I can see is youngster Rodrygo joining from Gremio.

View attachment 32962
View attachment 32961
Just a couple of changes today but some really big calls, Trent comes in for Fabinho who was poor against United. I also brought in Berke over Karius who was unable to attract a buyer before deadline, Brewster also comes in for Curtis Jones, Firmino out to the left as Rhian leads the line. Two big changes at opposite sides of the pitch.

It wasn't long in to our first match of importance, about 76 seconds actually when Asensio got his first goal for the club, Bobby Firmino's cross found him in the box. A brilliant run from Marco for the second, it looked easier to take on a shot and score but he picked out Naby Keita coming on to it to strike, his second in as many matches. Jamie Vardy got one back before half time but we can thank Bobby for securing the points, again Asensio involved the free kick nodded on by Gomez to Firmino. A good debut for Berke, plenty to do and all 6ft4 of him really big in goal for some important saves.

View attachment 32960
A slight increase in season ticket sales for the club, I'm sure there's a few people who can't wait to see what Asensio can do. With the transfer window closed in England, big sides in Europe are however still completing their business and that meant Real Madrid tried to sneak in for Firmino but for probably our best player, £92M is a bit of a joke. Naby Keita also attracted bids from Bayern, in the end it looks like they turned their attention to Saul but again £80M is insulting.

View attachment 32959
View attachment 32958

Last edited:
View attachment 32957
Only two changes today with Fabinho coming in for Can and Solanke for Brewster. Jean Micheal Seri gave Newcastle the surprising first goal at Anfield today and every time I play him he's Newcastle's best player. He also hit the post like he did in a previous game against us I'm pretty sure, it wasn't long before Naby found Mo Salah to level. The Egyptian gave us the lead from an Asensio pass and a wonderful finish, their rookie left back just couldn't get near him today.

Second half we managed to secure all three points pretty quickly, Son just minutes from coming off the bench scores a brilliant goal in the top corner, Emre Can assist. Asensio again involved and showing no signs of trouble in a 433 for the last half hour, combining well with Salah on the right and Firmino was fouled in the box. Mo Salah steps up and takes home the match ball with his third of the day.

View attachment 32954
Annoying to lose Bobby so early in the season but it'll be interesting to see how we cope, hopefully we'll be okay. We drew Leicester City in the Third Round of the CB Cup and the CL Group Stage draw, we got Shakhtar, Juventus and Feyenoord. A tougher group than we would've liked but Shakhtar should be easy enough to see off over two games.

View attachment 32953
View attachment 32952
View attachment 32951
It wan't long today before the first goal went in, Fabinho with the goal and another set piece a corner this time, Gomez wins a lot of headers and the knock ons are being played about too well. Keita again involved finds Joe on the volley from the corner which is actually his first ever goal for Liverpool! It only took him 97 games to do it but for our third goal Naby grabbed his second assist of the game, teeing up Curtis Jones who came off the bench early on for Asensio. Naby Keita has started the season like a house on fire, he's got 2 goals and 3 assists in 4 games.

View attachment 32950
A good start to the campaign then, four wins out of four and kicking it off with a win over United is always nice and three out of three in the league, that means we're keeping up the pace. Next time we continue our fourth season with four games we should win, our first taste of Champion League this season as well and that's against Feyenoord.

View attachment 32955
View attachment 32949

Last edited: