View attachment 87730

View attachment 87718

After a very promising and successful pre-season, including some fantastic results against some top European teams, we go into the start of the Barclays Premier League season with a lot of confidence. We've looked very
solid defensively, apart from hat final pre-season game where our defence was cut open 3 time int eh final
20 minutes. There were some red faces int eh dressing room afterwards and I was not very happy at all
with how that game ended. Our over all pre-season form is very good, with goals being spread around
across the team and our goalkeepers performing well and making several key saves

View attachment 87717

We now turn our sights towards Tottenham in our open Premier League fixture and getting a good return
in our September fixtures. feeling like we're lacking quality in depth up front, I've opened the cheque book
and signed Carlos Bacca from AC Milan for £25M (+5M add-ons)

View attachment 87716View attachment 87715

Great to see you back on here, nice preseason for you and a very good addition

View attachment 87507

View attachment 87501

View attachment 87500
View attachment 87491
Despite the result, I felt we played well and a draw would have been a more fair result
given the efforts of the lads.

View attachment 87499
View attachment 87490
Coutinho missing out on a hat-trick was disappointing but we dominated this game from start to finish.

View attachment 1123287
View attachment 87489
I mean, holy ****!!! What a defensive performance from MK Dons who pulled off several world class
Saves with a defensive performance that deserves a hall of fame appearance. Gutted to loose this on
penalties but meh; you win some, you loose some.

View attachment 87494
View attachment 87488
Absolutely gutted to loose this in the 90th minute. Down to 10 men, Chelsea threw
everything into one last attack and a deflection saw it passed Karius. We didn't
deserve to loose this.

View attachment 87493View attachment 87492

View attachment 87487

View attachment 87486 From: Club Deportivo Guadalajara (£11M)
Position: Centre Midfield
Name: Orbelin Pineda

The Mexican Centre-Mid has absolutely everything you could want in a midfield player. I'm
going to have him train and turn out for the U23s for a few months so I can gauge his level
and discern weather he needs a year on loan in the championship or if he can play a rotation
role in the second half of the season.

View attachment 87483View attachment 87482

Always a good read as you go for lesser known players.

What role are you using Bacca in?

Been a tough start to the season, as well as that shock in the cup but sometimes you just get those games! Hopefully a strong September will put you back in stride.

Great to see you back on here, nice preseason for you and a very good addition

Cheers friend. Twas a good pre-season comp and it set us up well for the season :)

Always a good read as you go for lesser known players.

What role are you using Bacca in?

Cheers, I don't like signing to wonderkids are I feel it does two things
1) There's no actual development involved since they're potential is so high is hardest to get them to not develop than to end up being world class. That as well as they being the first names you see in most high level stories.

2) If you sign them, what are your regens supposed to do since you've almost every position tied over for pretty much 10+ years.
And signing the huge names just for profit a few season later seem like a crazy idea. It's more fun for me to go after players who suit what I want to do than to sign the best and figure out a system for them.

Bacca: I don't really have a set out path for him. I'm rotating him between a False (9, Advanced Forward and a Deep Lying Forward. His stats means he can comfortably cover all those roles. I'm just waiting for himt o bed in with the squad now as his performances haven't been worth the price tag.

Been a tough start to the season, as well as that shock in the cup but sometimes you just get those games! Hopefully a strong September will put you back in stride.

Aye, though the losses haven't been decisive. I've not lost a game yet through sheer dominance so It's still promising. The cup game was one of those freaks of nature that you can't avoid. When a back line is in inspired form, all you can do is hold your hands up and appreciate that if you were ht either side, you'd be in ecstatic mood :p

View attachment 87425

View attachment 87424

View attachment 87423
View attachment 87417
Delighted with the 5-0 demolition as well as a strong home performance. I felt we
owed the fans something after not getting across the line with MK Dons and seeing
Wilson and Bacca open their accounts for the club was worth the admission price alone.

View attachment 87422
View attachment 87414
Our Mexican starlet getting his first goal for the club in only his second apperance.
Bacca scorring in back to back games as well so I'm happy with the turn around
in fortunes now. Having all but secured himself as my first choice left back due to
some great solid performances, Tierney put in a lacklustre display that has me
wondering if he's the right choice for the Manchester City game.

View attachment 87421View attachment 87412
View attachment 87413
Stalemate between two good sides. Both Keepers in fine form and keeping clean sheets.

View attachment 87420View attachment 87418

Good to see the slow start has been turned right around now fella! Keep it coming!

Coutinho scoring some sort of penalties!

Aye, It's either him or Milner and Milner isn't a regular 1st team started in my set up. He's been chipping in with both penalties and open play goals so I'm happy.

Good to see the slow start has been turned right around now fella! Keep it coming!

Cheers. Nothing like a few wins to shoot you straight up the table. The key to a top half finish is not loosing; keeping winning and you'll finish top 4 no problem.

Impressive win against Everton with only 10 men! Wow!

Aye. I'm convinced it was pure passion that got me through it since the guys played a blinder. We managed to exploit spare more effectively with a man down.