Liverpool 'grit' pleases Hodgson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 2K
He's got the Oxford Kiddies version, with pop-ups and scratch n' sniff.

THAT ASIDE. A scrappy, bitty performance from Liverpool, but they'll be delighted to get the win. Merieles looked a bit lost on the right wing though.

Agreed, silly decision to play him wide right, Woulda made more sense for gerrard to come in from the wing.

I think in fairness, if Bolton had been in the form that has seen them only lose once prior to this, then Liverpool would have had more problems.

Just a shame Reina got hold of Holdens screamer! :(

come on guys, this thread is about how poor liverpool are, not how thick stonewall is :p

lol ouch!!!!.

And really ... It was a good 3points for Liverpool today but it doesn't get away from the fact they are in turmoil... At least agree with me on that....

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I don't think you understood me properly. "If we are to contend" we should be beating the lower teams, Bolton as an example. Liverpool are and should be a European side. They have been consistently for many, many years and for us to turn a new leaf for this season we need to beat teams we reguarly finish above.

totally agree...But as Man U fan...I am delighted to see u lot struggle...

Last edited:
Agreed, silly decision to play him wide right, Woulda made more sense for gerrard to come in from the wing.

I think in fairness, if Bolton had been in the form that has seen them only lose once prior to this, then Liverpool would have had more problems.

Just a shame Reina got hold of Holdens screamer! :(

Bolton played very well. They hassled a team low on confidence relentlessly and with plenty of energy, and deserved at least a point. When they did have possession, there was some lovely pass-and-move football going on which is really beginning to justify Owen Coyle's attempts to turn Bolton into a good footballing team.

themadsheep already said it once and it shouldn't have to be said again but please stay on topic and no pointless comments please :)

it doesn't get away from the fact they are in turmoil... At least agree with me on that....

Ah well, we'll laugh at United when they go into turmoil then eh?

lol ouch!!!!.

And really ... It was a good 3points for Liverpool today but it doesn't get away from the fact they are in turmoil... At least agree with me on that....

Off topic: Turmoil? wtf? we've had a bad start to the season, there's 28 games left, we'll see who's in turmoil when those 28 games have been played. Oh, and just wait for your club to be in 'turmoil' it shouldn't be too long. Also, stop trolling and making yourself look a ****...

On Topic: Bolton deserved more out of this game, but i'm not really complaining tbh, a wins a win and it's got us out the bottom 3... Spurs are in 5th and we're only 3 points behind after 2 wins in a row, this leagues tight. Bolton looked a lot more likely to score whenever they had the ball which is testament to how Owen Coyle is trying to get them to play, gotta lot of respect for the guy :] chelsea next weekend, cmon boys! :D

Haha.. This thread proves why people hate mancs so much! :P

Important and highly needed victory today, although very nervy, I saw a few glimpses of the football we can play and should be playing but I do only say glipses.. Very dissapointed with Torres but wasnt everybody, he seems as though he thinks he's too big for the club which we dont need, plenty more strikers out there who will do a better job than he is doing now and will be willing to play! as much as I do love Torres :D

Back