Really enjoying this focus on the young players already at the club and giving them chances. Great to see, keep up the good work!

Really enjoying this focus on the young players already at the club and giving them chances. Great to see, keep up the good work!

Thanks bro, that's the idea! You can't really see the progress from some of the young players in just two years but hopefully we will see big improvements in the next squad update. The last squad update for strikers will be up in a minute.

View attachment 102473
View attachment 102474
The opening game to kick off the 2018 World Cup in Russia, was Russia vs Holland and Wijanldum starred in a 4-2 win for the Dutch players, contributing a goal and an assist. Elsewhere in Belgium's dramatic 4-3 win over the U.S.A, with Divock Origi scoring twice, he also enjoyed himself in the second match with two assists.

View attachment 102484
View attachment 102483
View attachment 102482
Roberto Firmino scored an important goal to help Brazil qualify, earning a draw against Japan but for Firmino and Coutinho too, it wasn't a tournament to remember as they largely disappointed but Brazil did manage to reach the Quarter Finals, eventually being knocked out by Italy. Origi continued his goalscoring form with two more goals against Sadio Mane and Senegal, knocking them out in the round of 16.

View attachment 102481
View attachment 102480
Senegal and England did incredibly well to qualify from a group containing Argentina and Portugal but unfortunately England couldn't get past the round of 16 either, losing 1-0 to Spain. Not for the first time in this tournament, two Liverpool players faced each other in a match, Wijnaldum scoring for Holland and Origi for Belgium but it wasn't enough for his side, losing the game 2-1 to Holland in the Quarter Finals.

View attachment 102478
View attachment 102479
Holland went on to lose on penalties against Italy and in the final, Spain seen out the Italians, winning on penalties. A tournament to remember for Divock Origi, claiming the Best Player award, ahead of Lionel Messi, he also came second in the Goal of the Tournament award, with a very nice goal against the U.S.A. He also came third in the Golden Boot award and he was the only Liverpool player to make the Dream Team.

View attachment 102475
View attachment 102476
View attachment 102477
[video=youtube;7PFmbo3fWo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PFmbo3fWo4[/video]

Last edited:
View attachment 102162
I applied for a work permit for Taiwo Awoniyi but unfortunately it was rejected, he did sign a new long term deal with the club though, along with Ben Woodburn, Rhian Brewster and Harry Wilson. Key players also commited their future to the club this summer, with just two years left on their contract, Jordan Henderson, Joel Matip and Nathaniel Clyne all signed up.

View attachment 102176
View attachment 102175
View attachment 102171
View attachment 102170
View attachment 102174
View attachment 102172
View attachment 102173
View attachment 102169
Two players I looked at this summer, both making a move were Kevin De Bruyne, moving from Man CIty to PSG and Eden Hazard moving from Chelsea, who finished out of the Champions League, most likely as a replacement for De Bruyne at Man City.

View attachment 102167
View attachment 102168
Awoniyi also looked good on loan in Holland last season, Danny Ward did a good job on loan at West Brom and there's a couple of young regens, applying themselves in the lower leagues of English football.

View attachment 102166
Pre season didn't have the best of starts for Harry Wilson, suffering an injury keeping him out for 4-5 weeks. Cameron Brannagan also unfortunately got injured as well, being out for a similar amount of time.

View attachment 102165
View attachment 102164
A pretty easy pre season for the team in the end, winning all of our games. We kicked things off with a win against our under 23 side and ended pre season with a 3-1 victory at Anfield against PSG. Next time we'll see just how this Liverpool team start the new season.

View attachment 102163

Great thread, you're doing an awesome job at Liverpool! :)

View attachment 102008
There was talk in the squad update that Coutinho maybe moved in to a central midfield position and he played nearly every game of pre season from that position and didn't look bad either but it may take some time before he's comfortably in that position. With that said though, Sheyi Ojo will probably be the one to take that spot on the left wing and after a few months of the season, with the option of swapping Origi for Firmino up front, this may well turn out to be our best 11 later in the season.

View attachment 102011
View attachment 102009
The first game of the season and the chance to kick things off with silverware and start how we mean to go on, for the season ahead. It was the team I just shown you that started this game, even with Coutinho still learning his position, he didn't look bad. Who else but Divock Origi, taking the plaudits with two goals and ultimately the difference between the two sides.

View attachment 102018
[video=youtube;QIPjW5jgBL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIPjW5jgBL4[/video]

View attachment 102017
Gylfi Sigurosson will be our only signing this season, as you guys will know if you've followed the story from the start, I'm only making one signing per season, so I have to make sure I get it right! There were a number of signings i looked at this summer, including Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard who swapped Chelsea for Man City, he would of fit nicely on that left winger role, moving Coutinho in to midfield but I've gone for the potential of Sheyi Ojo instead.

View attachment 102007
I felt we needed another central midfielder, experienced
at 28 years old, Sigurosson will provide competition for places and hopefully chip in with goals and assists. This signing also makes sense due to the absence of Marko Grujic from the squad, he was demanding a new contract at the end of the season and I wasn't offering any deals around the last few games of the season, he's been spending time with the under 23s since, still demanding a new contract.

View attachment 102016
Another chance to win silverware in as many games, with Clyne suspended after picking up that red card in our final game of last season against PSG, Trent Alexander-Arnold was in line to take his place for this game but unfortunately he picked up an injury the day before this game, so Joe Gomez will have to play at right back.

View attachment 102015
We had just two days to rest and prepare for this one and with our first league game coming up in just a few days time, I really did have to rotate the team for this one, new signing Gylfi Sigurosson comes straight in after only signing the day before. He had a good game but despite having the better of the play we struggled in this game but it was up to the man of the moment, Divock Origi to come off the bench and score a late winner in added time!

View attachment 102014
[video=youtube;Z5KNEW88t8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5KNEW88t8E[/video]

View attachment 102013
Unfortunately Origi picked up an injury keeping him out of our next few games, remarkably he still managed to stay on the pitch and score the winner in a European final, while being injured! In his absence Firmino didn't do a great job of leading the line up front, he missed his penalty after the keeper saved. Luckily though it was a Sheyi Ojo screamer from 25 yards that made the difference early on and we deservedly won the game.

View attachment 102012
View attachment 102010
[video=youtube;chLiDfHNqWI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chLiDfHNqWI[/video]​

Last edited:
View attachment 101999
With Origi still out, i was a bit worried about our striking options for this one but Firmino stepped up with a goal from distance and that proved to be the decisive goal, just when you think we might miss a player somebody else steps up for the team.

View attachment 102005
[video=youtube;P3FFls0KWf0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3FFls0KWf0[/video]

The draw for the Champions League group stage was upon us and winning the league last season, I was happy going in to the draw as first seeds. Despite that though we got drawn a fairly tough group, we will play Benfica, Galatasaray and Roma over the six group stage matches. Some difficult games in there but I still fancy our chances of topping the group.

View attachment 102006
Heading in to this game, there was a couple of players who haven't really turned up so far this season but both Sadio Mane and Emre Can, added their first goal of the campaign and two for the team early on. Two goals from Coutinho wrapped up the game to make sure that we won this one.

View attachment 101998
[video=youtube;TciELFEcc9c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TciELFEcc9c[/video]

Plenty of business going on as always in the transfer window, for English sides. Of course we already knew about Hazard and De Bruyne but City also brought in young Andre Horta from Benfica, while Man United brought in Griezmann, no surprises there and they also went big for Ousmane Dembele too. Chelsea were busy too, spending the most and bringing in Leon Goretzka and Brazilian Fabinho.

View attachment 102004
View attachment 102003
On to the Liverpool front and I didn't show the transfers that went on over the summer and pre season because we hadn't made our one signing yet. We've done that now and moving on to the players moving out Sturridge finally moved on after two disappointing years in Liverpool, moving to Aston Villa for £7.5M.

View attachment 102002
Youngster Ryan Kent moved to Bristol City for £3M and Allan the Brazilian moved to MLS side NYCFC. Lastly, there wasn't a whole lot of interest in Danny Ward at least for a permanent move, he did move in the end to Middlesborough, who after two successive relegation's now play in League 1. I thought Ward would be playing at a higher standard but Middlesborough are a decent sized club and will hopefully be back to the Championship next season and the Premier League in the future. The player was sold for £1M but we do have a buy back clause however of £5M.

View attachment 102001
I couldn't of asked for a better start to the season than that! Two trophies right off the mark, in our first two matches and five wins out of five, including a big away win against Man United. Next time we've got some more huge games coming up, an away trip to Chelsea, the start of our Champions League return and another difficult game against United.

View attachment 102000

Last edited:
View attachment 101867
Another re-development of Anfield has been completed this month and ready for the new season. It really has been a fortress for us over the previous seasons and hopefully the extra fans can continue that tradition.

View attachment 101874
I was expecting a really tough game against Chelsea but not for the first time, we counter attacked really well. Charlie Taylor gave us the lead from a brilliant free kick and from then on in, the result never looked in doubt, Firmino added two more to keep up his goal-scoring form and complete a great victory.

View attachment 101873
[video=youtube;ROj8Csx1kw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROj8Csx1kw0[/video]

Unfortunately Firmino had to come off injured early in this game and it's disappointing because he'll be out for 6-7 weeks now. His replacement Divock Origi took all of about two minutes to open the scoring, taking his chance immediately and scoring three more, taking his tally to four in the game, in a dominating performance!

View attachment 101872
[video=youtube;-maX8belxR4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-maX8belxR4[/video]

View attachment 101871
I've got to say, it looked like we were struggling in this game. We just couldn't break them down and they had chances as well, they did get a man sent off late on though after a bad tackle on Ben Woodburn. We left it late but Cameron Brannagan scored an absolute peach from distance, late in to added time.

View attachment 101870
[video=youtube;g3Cq2PVDmyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Cq2PVDmyI[/video]

I thought that I'd be in with a chance in this game, playing in the EFL Cup, I thought United may rotate their team a bit. Mourinho never misses a trick though and barring the injured Firmino we went full with a full strength team, as did United. A really dirty game god knows how many yellow cards, luckily for us Pereira got himself booked for a second yellow card and we had to push on to try and win the game. It took us until late on in extra time but it was Sadio Mane who provided the all important goal, Brannagan coming off the bench, he made a contribution assisting the goal after his shot was tipped on to the post and Mane converted the rebound.

View attachment 101869
[video=youtube;JBVrOIB2c80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBVrOIB2c80[/video]

We've continued our fantastic start to the season with four wins out of four and some really big ones in there too, a huge victory against Chelsea away from home and a really hard fought victory against our biggest rivals Man United. Next time we've got a couple of league games, including a tough trip to Tottenham, we also have a difficult game in the Champions League, at home to Roma.

View attachment 101868

Last edited:
View attachment 97412
Bournemouth actually come in to this one in 2nd place behind Liverpool in 1st, they had four wins from their first five league games and after just playing United three days before, going through in extra time, I knew I would have to make changes for this game. Having said that I wasn't expecting to win 5-0, Origi was back on the score sheet, with two goals after he didn't score in our last two games, and substitutes Ojo and Camacho looked promising coming on, Camacho with his first goal and Ojo with two assists and a goal in just half an hour.

View attachment 97418
[video=youtube;tMi15nfd4bI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMi15nfd4bI[/video]

Who else but DIvock Origi with the only goal of the game, he did miss a penalty early on but he fully redeemed himself by jinking past his man and smashing home, in to the bottom corner. That was enough to secure a crucial three points for the team.

View attachment 97417
[video=youtube;8iQHA5_Xj1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iQHA5_Xj1Y[/video]

Brilliant performance from the team away from home, Divock Origi with two goals continuing his fantastic form and Jordan Henderson with a rare goal from a free kick none the less. Clyne did unfortunately get himself sent off in the second half, for a second yellow card but we managed to see out the game with Emre Can at right back. massive win against Spurs and we really are looking good this season.

View attachment 97416
[video=youtube;UjESLShXIY0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjESLShXIY0[/video]

Yet to play this season, James Milner picked up an unfortunate injury but with Charlie Taylor and Ben Chilwell, i'm not too concerned. Trent Alexander-Arnold came in for the suspended Clyne for this one and he didn't look at all out of place. It was a tail of the old boys, with Sadio Mane and Dejan Lovren scoring the all important goals, against their former club. Origi added a third in a convincing display that keeps up our good form.

View attachment 97415
View attachment 97414
[video=youtube;a_JbxwEzdJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_JbxwEzdJM[/video]

We just keep winning and winning, our fantastic run to start this season continues with some dominating displays, beating Spurs 3-0 at their own place! Bournemouth was a big game and we smashed them off the pitch 5-0. Find out next time if we can keep this incredible run going, there's a tough away game against Benfica, in the Champions League and we've got some must win league games.

View attachment 97413

Last edited:
View attachment 97015
I rotated a couple of players in for this game, Arnold continued at right back, Gomez come in for Lovren and Brannagan replaced Wijnaldum in midfield. Benfica were second in the group and we probably underestimated them a little bit, a close game but we narrowly missed out with a 1-0 defeat. I'm disappointed because we missed chances and definitely should have took something from the game, they actually top the group with that win, overtaking us but we can still top the group, if we win our last games.

View attachment 97021
[video=youtube;XzFJnPBrskg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzFJnPBrskg[/video]

Ben Chilwell played his first game for Liverpool here, in place of the suspended Charlie Taylor. On to the game then and we really didn't show up, our attacking players were really poor on the day we just couldn't create anything, a really poor result but we didn't lose, which is a plus.

View attachment 97020
I wanted to rotate the team again with a premier league game coming up in just three days time. Big goals from the centre backs today, making sure of the points but it was Divock Origi's goal that was the all important one, he missed a chance early in the game and he's missed a few lately but he stepped up and slotted the penalty. We will play Championship side Brentford in the Quarter Finals of the EFL Cup.

View attachment 97019
[video=youtube;J_6gIenpuPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_6gIenpuPE[/video]

View attachment 97018
What a performance from the lads! Three goals for our striker on form again, Divock Origi, who just keeps banging them in! Sigurosson wanted a chance in the first team, after his summer move, despite already playing a handful of games and he delivered starting the match today, with two goals. Wijnaldum come off the bench in the second half to make it six.

View attachment 97017
[video=youtube;Ja3nCaBVSt8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja3nCaBVSt8[/video]

A tough start to this update, after not just our unbeaten run but our amazing winning run came to an end with a loss in Portugal and then a draw against West Brom but the lads showed that it was just a blip and got back to winning ways, ending with a 6-1 thrashing of Hull. Next time a chance to get revenge on Benfica, at home in the Champions League, we also have a tough away trip to Stoke and we play Galatasaray and City at home as well.

View attachment 97016

Last edited:

View attachment 96927
After they beat us away, I was done rotating the team and went with a much stronger side for this game. That really showed in the first half, we absolutely smashed them and deservedly lead by two goals at the break. In the second half they came back in to it with a goal from Jonas but another goal from Coutinho and a wonder striker from the returning Roberto Firmino, made sure we got the win.

View attachment 96933
[video=youtube;wmNEV72CXI8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmNEV72CXI8[/video]

Unfortunately Firmino picked up a thigh strain keeping him out for this game and we really could have done with him for this one, Sheyi Ojo also picked up an injury, ruling him out for 4-5 weeks! Karius saved us more than a couple of times today, including a penalty save from Alexander-Arnold's foul. We were really poor in the first half and Stoke showed that they really mean business this season, sitting in fourth place although we did come back in the second half we have to be disappointed and we could of lost this game.

View attachment 96932
View attachment 96931
I switched to a 4231 for this game for the first time in over a year and it was refreshing to see that we can still play it, Firmino was given a license to get forward and support Origi up front and he completely dominated City today, three goals and one for Origi as well. What a performance, we're smashing our rivals all over the place!

View attachment 96930
[video=youtube;u8xJRcJ3wm4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8xJRcJ3wm4[/video]

I made five changes for this game including three out of four of the back four. We had an early scare when they took the lead, from a poor Henderson back pass, leaving Karius helpless. The team did well to come back and win the game though, two goals from Divock Origi and Cameron Brannagan really pushing for a first team place, with a goal and an assist. Sigurosson wasn't bad either, completing the scoring with a beautiful free kick.

View attachment 96929
[video=youtube;U5seO_-TKN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5seO_-TKN8[/video]

We're coming through with the 4-1 scoreline a lot lately, three times in our last four games incredibly, barring a 0-0 draw away to Stoke a good run of games for the team then. Next time we've got an away game against newly promoted Reading and a Quarter Final EFL Cup match against Brentford.

View attachment 96928

Last edited:
View attachment 96230

Another good solid display from the team, not fantastic but a win none the less. Firmino gave us an early lead and Wijnaldum went on to score a cracker, sealing the victory and confirming the three points.

View attachment 96235
[video=youtube;9Q8ga2AXUNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q8ga2AXUNM[/video]

I mentioned it at the start of the season, about playing Coutinho in central midfield and this week he changed from competent to accomplished in that position, so what a perfect time to try him there. He has been in good form lately but he was devastating today, one goal and one assist, Origi also got a goal and one assist as well, keeping his form up. We drew West Ham in the semi finals and we should win that.

View attachment 96229
View attachment 96228
View attachment 96234
[video=youtube;Gdmdxrj0Jdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdmdxrj0Jdw[/video]

View attachment 96227
Sadio Mane unfortunately got injured in training, a sports hernia keeping him out for 3-4 weeks, he'll be a big a miss and we don't have much depth on the right wing.

View attachment 96226
Emre Can was remarkable in this game, coming back in to the side and clearly working on a few things in training, the amount of times he broke the defence with a pass in the game, four assists and a goal for him on the day! Plenty of goalscorers on the day, with five different scorers and two more for Divock Origi.

View attachment 96233
[video=youtube;VTRt3OgGrwk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTRt3OgGrwk[/video]

Not much to say about this other than Roberto Firmino take a bow, incredibly he scored a hat trick and basically put the game to bed in just 9 minutes! He continued to dominate with two more goals, taking his tally to five in the match and one assist, Coutinho and Wijnaldum scored the other goals in the game, to comfortably win the Club World Championship!!

View attachment 96232
[video=youtube;u9aFYEsjn9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9aFYEsjn9I&t=11s[/video]

A fantastic end to the update lifting the Club World Championship and we also had a perfert run of four wins out of four as well, with some totally dominating displays in some of those games.

View attachment 96231

Last edited:
View attachment 96047
We've already qualified and topped the group so this game was a bit of a dead rubber for us, Roma could finish third with a win though. I rested some key players and we didn't look great, they really matched us and Chilwell didn't look up to European standard, Firmino was our best player by a mile and it looked as though he'd grabbed a late winner but the team couldn't hold on and conceded a late goal to level the game.

View attachment 96052
[video=youtube;NqiQWnoKhoA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqiQWnoKhoA[/video]

We really did miss Sadio Mane in this game, we really just don't have the depth on the right wing, the team struggled to create chances and the game unfortunately ended in a boring scoreless draw.

View attachment 96051
An early free kick from Charlie Taylor sent us on our way and the team always looked in control, Sheyi Ojo came off the bench to score from a defenders deflection, making it two late in the match. That was enough to wrap up the points and provide a much needed win for the lads.

View attachment 96050
[video=youtube;1A2Y58F8Wl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A2Y58F8Wl0[/video]

Another good solid win for the lads, an early goal and a needed one from Divock Origi, filling in on the right in the last two games. Firmino added a second to secure the victory and Origi could of made it three but his penalty was well saved by Jack Butland.

View attachment 96049
[video=youtube;Zq8c_eRY51A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq8c_eRY51A[/video]

We started off with some rough results, draws against Roma in the Champions League and Palace in the league but we managed to get back on track with back to back 2-0 wins against Watford and Sunderland. Next time we've got a tough league game against Arsenal, at home, followed by our FA Cup third round tie against Coventry.

View attachment 96048

Last edited:
View attachment 95954
With just six months left on his contract, Ovie Ejaria extended his contract at Liverpool by four more years with the option of extending his contract for three more years as well.

View attachment 95955
Charlie Taylor yet again scored a brilliant free kick to open the scoring and from then on, we never really looked like losing. Wijnaldum made it two, Arsenal did get one back from an Icardi penalty in the second half but Firmino made sure of the points, scoring to make it 3-1.

View attachment 95956
[video=youtube;oCCOiFoHYU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCCOiFoHYU4[/video]

Aubameyang won African Footballer of the Year with Sadio Mane coming in third, he didn't make the Team of the Year though but Joel Matip did make it. We'll also be without both of them due to their participation in the African Cup of Nations, Taiwo Awoniyi not currently at the club also representing.

View attachment 95957
View attachment 95958
View attachment 95959
Marko Grujic came back from the Under 23s and with squad registration now back open, he can play again but I'm not sure how often that will be, he's still very unhappy about the treatment that I've given him. With just 18 months left on his contract, I have to make a decision and so does he.

View attachment 95949
Playing league one opposition Coventry, I made eight changes for this game including a first start for young polish goalkeeper Kamil Grabara and also a first look at Gavin Tonge, who came on as a substitute in a convincing 4-1 win. Grujic opened the scoring but young prospect Greig Ramsey got a goal back, luckily an own goal put us back in front and Firmino and Sigurosson completed the scoring.

View attachment 95950
[video=youtube;saf7btBURc4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saf7btBURc4[/video]

View attachment 95797
The lads played really well today, admittedly we should be beating Aston Villa at home but our class really shined through, Firmino continuing his goalscoring form with another two goals, one for Coutinho and Lovren even got a goal as well, heading in from a corner.

View attachment 95951
[video=youtube;TIPN7LRgguU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIPN7LRgguU[/video]

Unfortunately Clyne picked up an injury keeping him out for the next two weeks, his replacement will be Trent Alexander-Arnold.

View attachment 95952
We had almost 2/3 thirds of the ball in this game but we just couldn't create a whole lot of chances, Wijnaldum provided the all important goal, fortunately in the end but if we go on to win the title this will be a crucial three points.

View attachment 95947
[video=youtube;E7aTfOcCCQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7aTfOcCCQE[/video]

I didn't want to jinx it by mentioning it but we're actually unbeaten so far this season in the league, after 19 games, drawing three and winning sixteen. Fantastic record but the question is can we keep it up?

View attachment 95948
You can't ask for anything more than that, four wins out of four and we just keep ploughing on, what a season we're having! Next time we've got a big game in the Semi Final of the EFL Cup, against West Ham and some huge games against our fiercest rivals, at home, in the league.

View attachment 95953

Last edited:
View attachment 95726
Not the perfect timing ahead of a Semi Final to have a player unsettled and a player I need with Joel Matip away on International duty, Gomez appeared to have his head turned by a move to Man City but I've got no intention of letting him go anywhere. We've just got to hope this doesn't affect his performances on the pitch.

View attachment 95737
What a performance, we just clicked late in the first half and Coutinho was on fire, two goals and an assist for him, in a brilliant display. Great team goals with Trent Alexander-Arnold and Emre Can scoring beautiful goals and it looks like we might have put this tie to bed already!

View attachment 95736
[video=youtube;8c0LBHkkkFw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c0LBHkkkFw[/video]

We had the better of the chances in the first half and even in the early stages of the second half but we just couldn't find the breakthrough, thankfully we won a penalty and Firmino stepped up and converted, not once but twice wrapping up the game with a second penalty. Chelsea did get a goal back from a brilliant solo effort from Marcos Alonso but we managed to hold out late in the game, claiming all three points.

View attachment 95735
[video=youtube;w16FjVMcqZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w16FjVMcqZs[/video]

After not long returning to the team, Marko Grujic picked up an injury keeping him out for a couple of weeks.

View attachment 95734
I was worried going in to this game with so many big players missing, Clyne, Matip and Mane all missing and United are a very good side. We really struggled to create chances in this game and Veratti really should have scored when we gifted him possession, he was one on one with Karius but he put it wide. Ben Woodburn came on in the 84th minute for Firmino up front and he provided that big of magic for another substitute Camacho who smashed home the winner much to my delight!

View attachment 95733
[video=youtube;rSk-XZ5j1OU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSk-XZ5j1OU[/video]

That really was a huge win but at what cost? Coutinho will miss the next month but should be back in time for the European clash against Atletico Madrid. Camacho will also be out injured as well and with Mane away on International duty, we really are looking a bit short in the wide positions.

View attachment 95728
View attachment 95729
It took us awhile to make the breakthrough and even create chances, now missing even more players but Firmino broke the deadlock and even added a second just to make sure, Taylor rounded off the win with his trademark free kick special.

View attachment 95732
[video=youtube;Tfj2q-_gWhA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfj2q-_gWhA[/video]

Perfect run of games, recording victories in each of our four matches. Some really big wins in there as well, against big rivals Chelsea and United in the league. Next time we've got four tough away games, two in the league against Fulham and Bournemouth, an FA Cup Fifth round tie against Watford and the return leg of the EFL Cup Semi Final against West Ham.

View attachment 95727

Last edited:
Great stuff as always mate, keep up the good work!

Thanks mate, really appreciate all the likes you leave on my story! It lets me know that you're enjoying it and pushes me to post more. Just wanted to let everyone know about Gavin Tonge, a young regen who made his debut in yesterday's update, I forgot to post his screenshot but it's there now and there's another regen who makes his debut in this next update so keep posted.

View attachment 95600
With a 4-0 lead the tie is effectively over and with that in mind and the fact we're playing our second game in a period of time that sees us play three games in six days. Chilwell, Klavan and Alexander Arnold on the right wing all come in, there was also a first start for Ovie Ejaria, he provided the assist for Origi's goal, the only goal. A young prospect from the under 18s, Richard Sanders made a promising debut off the bench and we will play Man City in the Final.

View attachment 95613
[video=youtube;nIfqaaOJPEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIfqaaOJPEk[/video]

View attachment 95614
View attachment 95612
Not a majorly busy window for Liverpool, Tottenham are clearly after an up and coming goalkeeper to replace Hugo Lloris in a couple of years, he's 32. They've been putting in rising bids all month for Kamil Grabara and the latest on transfer deadline day, potentially could of totalled £13 million. Grabara is only valued at £675k although he does only have 18 months left on his contract, he's only played a couple of games but you can bet he'll be signing a new deal this summer.

View attachment 95609
Elsewhere in the league, Man City went big for young German right back, Felix Passlack, they previously failed earlier this month, in their pursuit of Nathaniel Clyne, two bids of thirty and nearly forty million were rejected by Liverpool. Arsenal spent a decent fee on Vaclav Cerny from Ajax and with Marko Grujic returning this month, that's just going to add to the lack of more game time Sigurosson wanted but wasn't getting, he had to go and he moved on to Newcastle after a short stay at the club.

View attachment 95611
With Ejaria signing a new contract and Grujic coming back in to the side, I wanted to try and start giving them both game time. With Gini Wijnaldum and Emre Can holding down them two central midfielder spots all season even Brannagan has struggled to get in. Unlike Sigurosson, he's played more and I want to keep him but there wasn't much interest in a loan deal. I was a little concerned sending him abroad but Borussia Mochengladbach are a good side in Germany and hopefully he does well for the rest of the season.

View attachment 95610
I also wanted to send Harry Wilson out on loan after a lack of game time this year, with the emergence of Camacho playing on both flanks and Sheyi Ojo playing left wing, he moved to Championship side MK Dons. I was looking for a loan deal for Mich'el Parker but there wasn't many takers but our feeder club Accrington Stanley have him on loan, along with young central midfielder Nick Munshull. Ross Edwards was another young player who moved on loan to the lower leagues, the striker has gone to play for Barrow.

View attachment 95606
Lastly we had James Milner and Ragnar Klavan complaing about the lack of game time and rightly so, we can't hold them back forever. Milner moves on to MLS side Portlan
d Timbers next month and Klavan moves to Italian side Torino. at the end of the season.

View attachment 95607
View attachment 95608
I'm getting worried going in to each game missing two of our most influential players, in Coutinho and Mane but time and time again we keep coming up with the answer. Firmino not for the first time broke the deadlock and Woodburn came off the bench to add the second and put us through to the next round.

View attachment 95605
[video=youtube;ZgnDfLAWClc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgnDfLAWClc[/video]

We couldn't make the breakthrough today, Divock Origi had the best chance, he won a penalty but unfortunately he couldn't convert and the keeper saved it. Emre Can had his header well saved from a corner, we know that we could do better but in the grand scheme of things it's not that big a deal, we can afford to drop points.

View attachment 95604
The lads struggled again in this game but the man on fire, Roberto Firmino scored the opening goal not for the first time recently. Jordan Henderson got sent off for a silly yellow card, his second of the game. Fortunately for us we managed to keep strong and hold out for the victory.

View attachment 95603
[video=youtube;IOkYbgPuH5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOkYbgPuH5o[/video]

Still unbeaten in the league and seven points ahead of Spurs with a game in hand, we're struggling to score goals in the absence of Mane and Coutinho but the team is just about getting over the line with the odd goal. Good win against Watford and a very important win against Bournemouth a man down but we can do better against Fulham. Next time we've got some giant games coming up, local rivals Everton to kick things off, a top of the table clash against Spurs and a huge game in the last 16 of the Champions League, against Atletico Madrid.

View attachment 95602
View attachment 95601

Last edited:
View attachment 95448
Divock Origi stepped up again to take the penalty and luckily this time he converted, Emre Can went on to get sent off for a stupid two footed lunge just before half time. Incredibly we managed to keep our composure and shut out the game, of course Everton had chances but we defended really well!

View attachment 95457
[video=youtube;ekR5fytULdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekR5fytULdU[/video]

If we're going to become The Invicibles and go a whole league season without defeat, this game could be one of the toughest we've got left. Tottenham are still in second and what a marker we can put down, for our title aspirations. Joe Gomez was like Terry Butcher with a bandage on his head, smashing his gashed head on to the ball, from a Sheyi Ojo cross. Tottenham did come back though, Kane converted his chance in the second half and that's how it ended. Still unbeaten in the league and there's a gap between ourselves and Spurs.

View attachment 95456
[video=youtube;LSUfKVr4KLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSUfKVr4KLk[/video]

We really took some chances defensively in the first half and I'm not sure how we were still level at half time, unfortunately Carrasco hit a quickfire double in the second half and we can only manage an Origi consolation goal on the counter. That's a poor result, we're going to have a tough game in the second leg and it's going to be hard to go through.

View attachment 95455
[video=youtube;zjw6DJ1Ws3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjw6DJ1Ws3E[/video]

Unfortunately Matip picked up his third yellow card in the competition and he'll miss the second leg with suspension and a big miss he will be. James Milner has left to join Portland Timbers with the MLS season just about to start.

View attachment 95452
View attachment 95451
We've just got both of our wingers back and now our three best full backs are all out injured, with Grujic just coming back from injury and Can out with a susepension still, I decided to change to a 4231 this game. What a good decision that was, the front four of Origi, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho are absolutely devastating. Coutinho and Origi in particular with a hat trick of goals, looked backed to their best today and we won the game 5-0!

View attachment 95454
View attachment 95453
View attachment 95450
[video=youtube;Wf5fsPPfPDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf5fsPPfPDE[/video]

Not the best run of games with a defeat to Atletico and a draw against Spurs in the league, we won our other games very importantly though. Next time we've got more league games against Southampton and West Brom, the EFL Cup Final clash against Manchester City and our huge game in Europe, against Atletico Madrid.

View attachment 95449

Last edited: