Liverpool to sign Brad Jones

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 4K

Ben

I am a biased ****.
Reaction score
Brad Jones is close to signing for Liverpool. 2.5 Million is the fee to be paid, mainly in installments to Middlesbrough.

Why? We have Cava, Bouzanis, Gulacsi...
I'd say Cavalieri is probably better than Jones and I can't see why Hodgson wants him? Arsenal were apparently also after him.

Maybe for the homegrown rule? Not too sure tbh.. Seems like a strange deal to me.

Have you seen Jones play?

I'd say he is probably the best goalkeeper in the Championship who is more than ready for the step up into the Premiership.

why exactly?

your signing a second choice Championship as cover for one the best goalkeepers in the Premier League, hardly ideal cover i'd say.

Decent keeper, would of like West ham to sign him as we dont really have a second keeper. Like you said Liverpool have many keepers and he obviously isnt gonna start ahead of the great pepe reina. Sounds like a strange deal to me, although 2.5mil is a bargain

this will get shut, there is a transfer roumers thread,

Also, Why? Pointless? Unless Cavaleri is on his way out.. He wants football

Have you seen Jones play?

I'd say he is probably the best goalkeeper in the Championship who is more than ready for the step up into the Premiership.

Still, nowhere near Reina's level of ability. If we sign him we're going to have 3 keepers here who are capable of sitting on the bench but never going to replace Reina, we only need 1 backup.

Yeah he does fulfil the homegrown rule like but still a waste of 2.5 Million I reckon.

why exactly?

your signing a second choice Championship as cover for one the best goalkeepers in the Premier League, hardly ideal cover i'd say.

He will be third choice I think, behing Cavalleri.

Not really a signing to talk about, we aren't going to play Gulasci or Bouz, they've had no first team experience, Brad has played week in week out for Boro last season [I think, correct me if I am wrong]. And he has some premier league experience, Should give Cavalleri something to fight for.

this will get shut, there is a transfer roumers thread,

Also, Why? Pointless? Unless Cavaleri is on his way out.. He wants football

Probably not, it is more than a rumour, we have agreed a fee and we are entering contract negotiations.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

He will be third choice I think, behing Cavalleri.

Not really a signing to talk about, we aren't going to play Gulasci or Bouz, they've had no first team experience, Brad has played week in week out for Boro last season [I think, correct me if I am wrong]. And he has some premier league experience, Should give Cavalleri something to fight for.

Cavalieri is a decent enough backup for Pepe though. I don't see the point in signing someone at about the same level of Cavalieri, it isn't improving the squad and he could of used the money on another area of the team.

You do need a good back-up goalkeeper, and you don't have one at the moment.

You do need a good back-up goalkeeper, and you don't have one at the moment.

Yes we do. We have Diego Cavalieri who was a regular at Palmeiras before we signed him.

I really don't see the point in this signing either. I mean, I haven't seen him play so I can't judge him but I still doubt he's better than Cavalieri. £2.5m is not really a bargain, for a player we don't need. A bit of a waste of money, it seems, to me.

May aswell sell Cava and keep Jones as backup and play him cups etc. I think hes a decent keeper and is also homegrown. I trust roy and im sure he knows what he is doing.

Looks like a definite deal aswell because Jones didnt play in the league cup the other day so he wasnt cup tied...

I imagine Cavielleri is on his way out then. Been moaning about first team opportunites, if so, this woild be alright, if not then pointless

May aswell sell Cava and keep Jones as backup and play him cups etc. I think hes a decent keeper and is also homegrown. I trust roy and im sure he knows what he is doing.

Looks like a definite deal aswell because Jones didnt play in the league cup the other day so he wasnt cup tied...
Just to clear it up, I also have full confidence in Hodgson and I trust him to do what is right but even so, you sometimes have to just think and question him a bit. I hope Cavalieri isn't on the way out, although we could make a profit on him (We could make about £8m I think), I still rate him.

Back