Liverpool to sign Brad Jones

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 4K
Just to clear it up, I also have full confidence in Hodgson and I trust him to do what is right but even so, you sometimes have to just think and question him a bit. I hope Cavalieri isn't on the way out, although we could make a profit on him (We could make about £8m I think), I still rate him.
Lol, eight million is very hopeful. I'm not fond of Brazillian keepers, he seems alright (Better than Itandje, but so is David Martin....) I'd hope for 4M

Neall put this nicely in the IRC a few days ago

<Neall> Lol hes **** and were getting 4.5 million for him, Bargain!

i think this may signal the departure of Cavalieri, hope not though as he has been best 2nd choice weve had in years.

Lol, eight million is very hopeful. I'm not fond of Brazillian keepers, he seems alright (Better than Itandje, but so is David Martin....) I'd hope for 4M
I swear we signed him for £8m? Still, I'll be happy with £4m :P.

I swear we signed him for £8m? Still, I'll be happy with £4m :P.

Nah, we payed about 3 Million for him. Sell him for 4 Million hopefully. I wasn't aware he was on his way out.

Nah, we payed about 3 Million for him. Sell him for 4 Million hopefully. I wasn't aware he was on his way out.
I wasn't aware of it either, thought he was happy as backup to one of the best keepers in the Premier League.

If this goes through ill be as happy as a pig in *****.

To get over 2m for a truly awful keeper would be amazing business. :D

He's better than Turnbull and Hilario. I'd rather have him than them 2 clumsy prats!

Hardly seen him to be honest. From what Boro fans are saying he doesn't sound too good. Thank **** he will hardly get a game.

pretty strange deal but unless back-up keepers are leaving like being stated on here then it would make sence. plus yes he does count under the home grown rule so if you look at it that way it makes alot of sence. my god pool have been busy this summer.

He's better than Turnbull and Hilario. I'd rather have him than them 2 clumsy prats!

hilario was only signed because he was jose's mate and the turnbull deal really suprised me we signed a keeper who we scored 7 against the season before. could be a decent signing for pool will have to wait and see.

i don't belive people say he is best in championship he is ****! we had him on loan he was **** i have seen him play a few more times and he has looked ****! even his home fans apparently were booing him???

and we sell a keeper definatley better than jones and was English to Burnley for 1 million Hahahaha!.

Have you seen Jones play?

I'd say he is probably the best goalkeeper in the Championship who is more than ready for the step up into the Premiership.

Wrong. He's awful.

why exactly?

your signing a second choice Championship as cover for one the best goalkeepers in the Premier League, hardly ideal cover i'd say.

First choice* probably.

Decent keeper

Wrong. He's awful.

If this goes through ill be as happy as a pig in *****.

To get over 2m for a truly awful keeper would be amazing business. :D

Agreed.

i don't belive people say he is best in championship he is ****! we had him on loan he was **** i have seen him play a few more times and he has looked ****! even his home fans apparently were booing him???

and we sell a keeper definatley better than jones and was English to Burnley for 1 million Hahahaha!.

Agreed.

But deal isn't done, unfortunately. Sooner he goes the better, and his head will probably be away from the game with his current family situation.

wednesday fans hate him put it that way he is ****! worst keeper i seen at Hillsborough since Ola Tidman( he couldnt catch a cold that kid). And when we played Boro at Riverside he was gettting loads of stick of our fans.

lets just give the lad a chance yer, at a club like liverpool with the facilities and reina there as a mentor something good might come of this. I know alot of Chelsea fans reacted pretty badly when we signed yossi and i just said lets give the lad a chance he hasen't even kicked a ball for us yet.

lets just give the lad a chance yer, at a club like liverpool with the facilities and reina there as a mentor something good might come of this. I know alot of Chelsea fans reacted pretty badly when we signed yossi and i just said lets give the lad a chance he hasen't even kicked a ball for us yet.

He's older than Reina...

This.

He's older than Reina...

Yeah he is, but we know what he means. He will learn a lot more with Reina than he did at Boro; even at the age of late twentysomething.

Back