Liverpool to sign Brad Jones

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 4K
wednesday fans hate him put it that way he is ****! worst keeper i seen at Hillsborough since Ola Tidman( he couldnt catch a cold that kid). And when we played Boro at Riverside he was gettting loads of stick of our fans.

Ola Tidman was pretty decent for us.
Brad Jones was the **** one.

Not sure why Liverpool want him.

what????? lol he was ***** for us lol he couldnt catch he couldnt command his area he was useless.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

lets just give the lad a chance yer, at a club like liverpool with the facilities and reina there as a mentor something good might come of this. I know alot of Chelsea fans reacted pretty badly when we signed yossi and i just said lets give the lad a chance he hasen't even kicked a ball for us yet.

give him a chance? when his own fans say he is awful and other clubs that have had him say he is ****? lol goodluck son !;)

I'm still not convinced that he will do any better than Cava did.

what????? lol he was ***** for us lol he couldnt catch he couldnt command his area he was useless.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

give him a chance? when his own fans say he is awful and other clubs that have had him say he is ****? lol goodluck son !;)

i understand he isen't that good but like i said no dis-respect to boro but the facilities and coaches are far greater at pool than at boro. plus working with a keeper like reina will only up his confidence and ability im sure.

i understand he isen't that good but like i said no dis-respect to boro but the facilities and coaches are far greater at pool than at boro. plus working with a keeper like reina will only up his confidence and ability im sure.

fair enough but there is more quality keepers in the championsip than him and whats wrong with the current liverpool back up keepers surley there better than him lol. why spend 2million on a awful/average(i feel kind) keeper when we sold a keeper way better thats English to Burnley for 1 million and is worth double that.

Saw someone else post this elsewhere so thought I'd share....

Classic Sky reporting

15:14 – Breaking News
Skysports.com understands that a deal worth around £2.5million has been agreed, however the two clubs are still talking as there are issues over how the payments will be structured.

16:52
Middlesbrough insist no agreement has been struck to take goalkeeper Brad Jones to Liverpool. It was suggested on Thursday that the Australia international was on his way to Anfield in a £2.5million deal.

No mention of the fact that it was Sky who “suggested” that the deal was agreed

I'm still not convinced that he will do any better than Cava did.

Well it would be hard to beat Cavalieri's record as he has been the ideal backup goal keeper. Hasn't made a fuss and can be relied upon when Reina is rested. Although Diego is nowhere near Reinas level on the ball or with his distribution he's a good goal keeper. I think when he was described as the Brazilian Paul Robinson by Tim Vickery it summed him up perfectly

maybe he knows a load of jokes, or is just good for conversation.

Sky Sports often just make ****** rumours up.

"Sky Sports Sources tell us bla bla bla"

they have to fill a 24 hour slot so they just repeat stuff or make up rumours, their source could be a guy down the pub. Shame for Boro, hes shocking

I think cavalieri is on his way out but im pretty sure we can get a better goalkeeper for backup to reina or possibly someone who will push him for a place

Well it would be hard to beat Cavalieri's record as he has been the ideal backup goal keeper. Hasn't made a fuss and can be relied upon when Reina is rested. Although Diego is nowhere near Reinas level on the ball or with his distribution he's a good goal keeper. I think when he was described as the Brazilian Paul Robinson by Tim Vickery it summed him up perfectly

Think he was saying just after Mr.Hodgson took charge that he'd be happy to find another club in Europe to play first team football. Makes sense in some ways for the club to look to make a bit of a profit/break even on him but not sure Brad Jones is the answer, even if he's coming cheaper. Don't rate Jones. But then we had Hooper on the bench for donkey's years and still won stuff so meh. As long as Pepe doesn't get injured, it's cool.

Fair enough from Liverpool, if any of their back up keepers are leaving it does make sense. He is home grown which is also a benefit.

i've only seen him play in internationals and he goes alright. will never overtake schwarzer though because hopefully Bouzanis or Langerak will improve enough by the time mark is 50. what is happening to Bouzanis actually? i remember when he was 16 and rafa said he was the best keeper of his age. wish he got some first team experience.

i've only seen him play in internationals and he goes alright. will never overtake schwarzer though because hopefully Bouzanis or Langerak will improve enough by the time mark is 50. what is happening to Bouzanis actually? i remember when he was 16 and rafa said he was the best keeper of his age. wish he got some first team experience.

He's still playing for the reserves. Was out on loan to Accrington Stanley last season and got himself playing in their first team - which is very impressive for a keeper of his age. Chances of him getting Liverpool first team experience ahead of Reina are remote. He's really better served learning his trade in a less pressurised environment out on loan and coming closer to being the finished article so that he can challenge Pepe as number 1 rather than being dumped into the first team. Gulacsi is ahead of him currently, but a good season on loan and Bouzanis has a chance of getting a place on the bench.

Put it this way man, Federici is decent at best but him and Jones are still figting it out for number 2. By now you would of expected one of them to be the clearcut successor to Schwarzer. If Jones goes to 'pool you'd expect he'll hardly play probably putting Federici in the box seat. Bouzanis from what I've read is 50/50 on Greece or Australia so I don't know how committed he is to the cause. All my hopes are personally on Langerak as he's young enough and has a clear cut progression to the no1 shirt for his club.

Anyways back on topic 2mil is pretty hefty fee for someone who'll play a handful of games at most.

Back