Liverpool v Portsmouth

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 5K
I wish all you Man U ''fans'' would bore off about this Gerrard incident. I for one will be very happy if Liverpool beat United sunday. Don't forget: Liverpool would love to end their run of form. So stop writing them off.

If Gerrard did actually hit Brown then fair enough give him the ban he deserves, if he did hit him it was stupid and reckless and he deserves any disciplinary action that is taken against him.

What bothers me though is the massive outcry over it, not just by the Man Utd fans on here but the media as well. Where were all the news articles about the two assaults on Liverpool players in the Blackburn match? Where are all the articles about Dindane's raised forearm into Mascherano's face?

On another note, the commentary last night was incredibly unbiased. But what can you expect from the biggest **** in commentary, who just happens to be a Man Utd fan, backed up by a co-commentator who managed Everton.

Am I right in thinking that because the referee saw the incident and acted upon it (gave the freekick) there is nothing the FA can do anyway?

Or can they do something because he didn't get booked for it?

Either way, not seen the incident, not bothered about seeing the incident. Just wanted to mention that.

Am I right in thinking that because the referee saw the incident and acted upon it (gave the freekick) there is nothing the FA can do anyway?

Either way, not seen the incident, not bothered about seeing the incident. Just wanted to mention that.

If he saw it and acted then theres nothing the FA can do I havent seen the incident myself but thats great if he already acted :)

Taken from another forum...

"for the FA to act the ref will have to say he did not see the act in it’s entirety which given his position would mean he is blind.

The point is that Stuart Attawell will be asked, or will clarify the matter in his match report, but he does have the scope to say that he saw a coming together of two players, deemed Gerrard to have committed the foul but did not see the elbow. As you say, Alan Wiley stated he had seen the incident and dealt with it, Attatwell may do the same but he could offer the alternative view of not having seen the elbow."

I think that's what it is. I ****** hope so as well. He deserves three games for it. Despite Michael Brown being one of the dirtiest ***** on the planet and deserving to get smashed, I hope the FA still act after letting Gerrard off last time.

Back