Liverpool V Steaua

did anyone notice it was a bad first touch and poor closing down that set Lucas' goal up? :p

Does it really matter? oO)

It ended it in goal for us, I don't think anyone gives a ****. :p

Does it really matter? oO)

It ended it in goal for us, I don't think anyone gives a ****. :p

nah, i was just saying,
cos i was ****** off at how **** his touch was, then everyone backed off, and he scored a belter, so all's good :D

excellent second half perfornance, just need that in the first half as well.
dissapointed we didn't see pacheco earlier though :'(

What a game from Spearing. Played very well, considering he was in CCC last season. Very composed, played nice passes and got stuck in. Well in from the lad. David N'Gog with his 5th and 6th of the season, impressed with him. Kelly wasnt bad either, made some crucial tackles.

Meireles looks assured in everything he does, very comfortable on the ball, good passing, decent tackling. admittedly the quality of the opposition isnt as difficult as the prem, but you can only beat what is put infront of you (H)

First touch Danny Pacheco took was a huge seventy-yard backpass. Great stuff. :p

I always like to keep up to date with youngsters of Prem teams, and at risk of hijacking this thread, I'd quite like to know if you Kopites rate Pacheco? General consensus amongst non-Pool fans who know of him seem to think he's a very good talent, from what I've gathered, I'd like to hear it from those in the know though.

I rate him very highly, great right foot, powerful shot and has some of the best technique in the squad. Would definately like to see him play a part for us this season. His versatility and flair adds something to our midfield.

First touch Danny Pacheco took was a huge seventy-yard backpass. Great stuff. :p

I always like to keep up to date with youngsters of Prem teams, and at risk of hijacking this thread, I'd quite like to know if you Kopites rate Pacheco? General consensus amongst non-Pool fans who know of him seem to think he's a very good talent, from what I've gathered, I'd like to hear it from those in the know though.
I speak for 99% of Liverpool fans, when I say...Pacheco is the best young talent at Liverpool, perhaps one of the best in the world. He'll be a massive star, if he gets first team experience and fufills his potential. Lack of play from Benitez, but now we've got a weaker squad, should get more play.

Am I the only person who was impressed with Babel tonight? Thought he worked hard and won the ball a lot in dangerous positions and with a bit more support would of created more. Also thought he was linking up well and his cross nere the end which N'gog nearly got on the end of was top class.

I thought Babel was terrible. Too confident on the ball, for his own ability, crosses for the most part under par, too many wasted shots and failed to contribute in any way defensively.

I thought Babel was terrible. Too confident on the ball, for his own ability, crosses for the most part under par, too many wasted shots and failed to contribute in any way defensively.

Looked like he was given a more attacking winger/2nd striker role though was odd the way he played. Didn't think he wasted that many shots from what I seen. He had 2 good attempts and one of them could of easily been spilled with the power it had on it. Also we've seen what he can do from long range..

I think Woy has made up his mind about Babel after seeing this performance. The question now has to be asked: Who would want to buy him ?

IMO, he should look to weaker leagues for his future playing level - he's simply not good enough for the Premiership/ La Liga/ Seria A.

i agree, babel isnt good enough for liverpool anyway, i heard west ham tried to steal him on deadline day. On the match i thought it was a good performance from a young side, n'gog looked good and lucas's goal capped off a brilliant second half performance

Very good talent, hopefully he can develop and make his way into the first team in the next 2 seasons or so. I'd love to see him behind Torres with Gerrard in a deeper role alongside Meireles, everything doesn't normally go to plan though and some of those players might not be at Liverpool in 2 seasons.

Watch the reserves twice a month or so and he is normally the stand-out performer and I've heard he is one of the best players in Spain's U-19's. Barca have said he is one of the best youngsters they have lost since Fabregas which is a massive compliment to the lad.

Am I the only person who was impressed with Babel tonight? Thought he worked hard and won the ball a lot in dangerous positions and with a bit more support would of created more. Also thought he was linking up well and his cross nere the end which N'gog nearly got on the end of was top class.

Yep. He was awful last night. Awful player with an awful attitude who should be sold to an awful club.