• Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 3K

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
View attachment 103231 v View attachment 103232

Barclays Premier League
Venue: Anfield Date: Sunday, 29 August Kick-off: 1500 BST
Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 live, full match commentary on BBC Radio Merseyside 1485 AM and DAB & highlights on Match of the Day 2​

TEAM NEWS
Liverpool will hope to have striker Fernando Torres and captain Steven Gerrard back after both were rested for the Europa League trip to Trabzonspor.

Midfielder Joe Cole serves the second game of a three-match ban.

West Brom will be without defender Marek Cech for at least three weeks with a fractured metatarsal.

Midfielder Jerome Thomas, defender Joe Mattock and striker Ishmael Miller will all miss the trip to Anfield through injury.

Liverpool

Suspended: Cole (two matches)

Doubtful: Agger (concussion), Gerrard (back), Rodriguez (virus)

West Brom

Injured: Cech (foot), Mattock & Thomas (both ankle), Miller (thigh)

MATCH PREVIEW

Roberto di Matteo wasn't even born the last time West Bromwich Albion won at Anfield, but the Midlands club may never get a better chance to end that sequence.

Baggies fans have to go all the way back to 1967 for their last success at Liverpool, a run of 23 games. But they head to Merseyside to face a team in transition. The Reds are still looking for their first Premier League win under Roy Hodgson and have not won in the league since beating Burnley 4-0 in April.

It is clear where Liverpool's biggest problem lies. They have managed only nine shots on target in the league so far this season, with five of those coming from David N'Gog. Fernando Torres is struggling for fitness and form and has not found the net in 462 minutes for club and country, a run of 10 games. And with chief creators Joe Cole suspended and Steven Gerrard battling to overcome a back injury, it is a problem with no obvious solution.

West Brom got their Premier League campaign up and running with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Sunderland. Their attention now turns to improving their record on the road - they have not won a top-flight game away from the Hawthorns in 17 attempts.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• The Baggies have never scored in eight Premier League meetings with the Reds.

• Liverpool have conceded just one goal in their last 10 matches at home to West Brom.

Liverpool

• If Liverpool win, it will be their 2000th victory in league football.

• They are currently on a run of four Premier League games without a win, their longest sequence since January 2008.

• In the unlikely event he is selected, Javier Mascherano will make his 100th Premier League appearance.

• The Reds have kept 17 clean sheets in their last 20 matches at home to newly-promoted teams in the Premier League.

West Brom

• They have won just three of their last 18 Premier League matches.

• The Baggies haven't won a Premier League game away from home in 17 attempts, winning only one in the last 28.

• They have managed only four shots on target this season, the joint-lowest in the league.

• This is West Brom's fifth season in the Premier League. They have never finished higher than 17th.

I'm going for - Liverpool 3 - 0 West Brom​

Last edited:
As it's not on TV we'll probably give the performance of the season; we reserve our average-to-****-performances for the times when millions are watching - which is worrying, as we never seem to be without live tv coverage at LFC matches. When was the last time we had a normal saturday kick-off time for instance ?

good op mate, im going for a draw today, bold i no but i just have a feeling West Brom are going to just sit back and soak up the Liverpool pressure

Pitty Raul Meireles doesn't play today, nontheless, 2-0 for Liverpool, Gerrard and Kuyt ;)

Go On a site called Jusin.tv ... go through all links and everyhting and you always find a good stream to watch liverpool :)

SHOULD be an easy win today.. SHOULD

Im goin for 2-0 :)

i think the pool defence will have to play a deep defensive line because if they play a high line Mr Odemwingie will have a rout, the lad relys on his pace abit like Gabby Agbonlahor

1415: MORE BREAKING LIVERPOOL NEWS:
Fulham defender Paul Konchesky is at Anfield, strolling around the dressing room area. Well I'd say that's a done deal then, no?

1412: BREAKING LIVERPOOL TEAM NEWS:
Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard both start at Anfield.

6-0 to Liverpool so that the trend will continue.

Liverpool 2-0 West Brom

Kuyt
Gerrard

Liverpool 1-2 West Brom

Kuyt, Dorrans (x2)

optomistic, i know :P

Back