Liverpool Vs Aston Villa

Pride of the midlands...

16th in the table,
2 points away from the relegation zone,
-10 goal difference,
no league cup run,
Form: DLLLL

**** off back to Witton, the city is ours.

Very mature of you. See, most of the Brum fans on here (i.e. mfage, Brummy123) are insightful and interesting people to talk to. You, however, just come over as a bit thick.

Clarke to replace Petrov?

Good shout. Might work out, but I'd rather he go into defence. Bit of a Rodwell situation, we have to decide where to play him now and go with it.

Ye i don't mean that Villa are in debt, far from it in fact, you have a tight run club, always had salary caps and never took out huge loans, the real way to run a club. But it is imminent that Villa are going to renovate the North Stand, and possibly the Doug Ellis in the near future. My brother is the assistant contract developer of the project, Randy stalled it from this summer, but not sure why, haven't had that info. Which means Villas resources are bound to be minimal, although looking at the table, something needs to be done, an investment of some sort, Villa need a signing or two or it could be an unanticipated poor season!

Good post, you're probably right. Still, I did rather see this season as a poor one once MON left, so it's not exactly unanticipated. Top 10 I will be delighted with.

Just got back. Suprisingly good performance, Villa didn't seem to care for a lot of it. N'gog held ball up well, good running, good all around to be fair. Babel did well, flicks and tricks pulled off. Merieles and Lucas ran the midfield.
Lucas gets so much stick, undeservably, 6/8 million pound, Anderson cost 18 million? I know who I'd much rather have.

Good shout. Might work out, but I'd rather he go into defence. Bit of a Rodwell situation, we have to decide where to play him now and go with it.
I like the look of that Clark, thinks he's a bit hard like, Stephen Carr was ready to lay him out in the derby lol but thats Carr for you i suppose... but he has an intelligent head on him, plays the simple game and does it well. Good goals for him too against Arsenal.

Good post, you're probably right. Still, I did rather see this season as a poor one once MON left, so it's not exactly unanticipated. Top 10 I will be delighted with.
I dont know if im right or not mate, its all speculation, all i know is my brother is well in with the goings on with the ground development, and has spoke face to face with Randy on a few occasions concerning it. He keeps offering him press box tickets but unless its the second city derby no thanks... wont go there for any other reason :p

And ye im still to find a reason why Houlier is the right appointment, but i suppose he hasn't exactly inherited brilliance, he has work to do with the team. With the league the way it is who knows what could happen... exciting times!!! :)

Ahh, I'm kidding, I'm just making up for the years that we have had the Vilers provoking us. The novelty of this will wear out soon, and I don't think it will be the same.

Although it's much better to be closer to you as a team, I kind of enjoyed being the underdogs.

None the less, this is a rather enjoyable time.

I like the look of that Clark, thinks he's a bit hard like, Stephen Carr was ready to lay him out in the derby lol but thats Carr for you i suppose... but he has an intelligent head on him, plays the simple game and does it well. Good goals for him too against Arsenal.

Lol thank god Carr didn't get his hands on him, I'd be worried for Clarky's life, even though he is a tough ******. He does seem mature beyond his years and shows an admirable knack for goals, but he's prone to concentration lapses. That'll improve with time, though.

I dont know if im right or not mate, its all speculation, all i know is my brother is well in with the goings on with the ground development, and has spoke face to face with Randy on a few occasions concerning it. He keeps offering him press box tickets but unless its the second city derby no thanks... wont go there for any other reason :p

Turning down our Randy's hospitality eh? :p You should accept them and then take all the freebies on offer, bleed 'em dry. Every little helps!

And ye im still to find a reason why Houlier is the right appointment, but i suppose he hasn't exactly inherited brilliance, he has work to do with the team. With the league the way it is who knows what could happen... exciting times!!! :)

Mmm, I'm still to find a reason why he isn't the right appointment. Really, he was the only credible choice, and I'd have him over Curbishley or Southgate. He needs to mould the team in his image and sign a few players. Either way, looks like an exciting year indeed in the league.

Lol thank god Carr didn't get his hands on him, I'd be worried for Clarky's life, even though he is a tough ******. He does seem mature beyond his years and shows an admirable knack for goals, but he's prone to concentration lapses. That'll improve with time, though.
Ye super Stephen Carr is not the sort of person you take on XD LEGEND! and not just for the ****** salute to your mob either lol that just escalated his status.

Turning down our Randy's hospitality eh? :p You should accept them and then take all the freebies on offer, bleed 'em dry. Every little helps!
Well Randy has offered the senior members of the development team a lot of hospitality at the Villa, some are Villa fans so have taken it up, but my bro has held firm, and he has basically promised us the second city derby next year... however i am used to being very loud at the football and vip don't suit me. i go chelsea away vip every year due to my dads business connections, but wouldn't do it too often, prawn sandwich brigade is not for me!!

Mmm, I'm still to find a reason why he isn't the right appointment. Really, he was the only credible choice, and I'd have him over Curbishley or Southgate. He needs to mould the team in his image and sign a few players. Either way, looks like an exciting year indeed in the league.
And ye i guess so, i suppose he hasn't been in charge long enough to judge him either way.