Liverpool vs Trabzonspor ITV1 19:45 19/08/10

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
I was bored, thought I'd make this :D I hope we thrash them, simply so all the Turks will bugar off spamming Liverpool page on Facebook :mad:

Javier Mascherano and Daniel Agger will not feature against Trabzonspor on Thursday night after picking up injuries against Arsenal.
rab2263.jpg

Mascherano sustained a pull in his calf while Agger is still suffering from concussion after a ball to the face which has left him with no recollection of Sunday's clash.
Both players now face a race against time to be fit for Monday's match at Manchester City.
Asked by reporters whether Mascherano was in his plans for the Europa League play-off, Roy Hodgson said: "Javier will always be in my plans until the day comes when he leaves the club. And for me that will be a long time in the future if I can get my wish. But he's injured at the moment and won't play tomorrow.
"He came off after about 80 minutes on Sunday with a slight pull in his calf muscles and has only just started to jog today.
"The worry for us is that he won't be fit for Monday.
"Daniel got concussed so he's not doing that well. We're three days after the incident and he's still suffering from concussion and has got no memory of the game.
"We can only hope that it settles down in time for Monday's match with Manchester City. There was never any question he'd be fit for tomorrow.
"He is resting. He was at the club this morning, I was talking to him, but he's not able to do much at the moment because he's suffering from headaches. Even something as simple as reading a newspaper or watching TV can give him a headache so he needs to take it easy. I know how he feels doing all these press conferences!"
Mascherano's absence could open the door for new boy Christian Poulsen to make his Liverpool bow.
Hodgson added: "He's in the squad. I haven't picked the team yet but he's in the squad and there's a chance he'll appear tomorrow.

Joe Cole can play at least.

3-0 for me
Agger, Jovanovic, Wilson :)

Last edited:
you know if you dont make the OP more detailed The Mods will close this

But score will be 3-0 Torres Stevie G and Kuyt

I Reckon 2-0 Jovanovic & N'Dawgggggggg!! ;)

No mods like a bit more detail in the OP, calum is right, just remember to add the line ups tomorrow night or something

Shall I predict another 5-0. Or am I underestimating Trabzonspor.

Thought i was going crazy then when i looked back and seen it actually said ITV1 on the thread haha

Trabzonspor finished 5th in the Turkish league with 16 wins from 34 matches. They were 18 points from winners Bursaspor.

I expect Torres will play a part at somepoint considering hes short on game time with Man City coming up on Monday and i guess Joe Cole will start considering he is unavailable for the next 3 league games. Important we dont concede an away goal, here is the squad selected for the game. I would love to see Babel given a start, not going to happen though. :(
Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Kuyt, Lucas, Gerrard, Cole, Jovanovic, Ngog, Aquilani, Torres, Pacheco, Krygiakos, Rodriguez, Babel, Wilson, Spearing, Poulsen

Last edited:
Liverpool 4 - 0 Trabzonspor

David N'Gog x2
Joe Cole
Kuyt

.....while Agger is still suffering from concussion after a ball to the face which has left him with no recollection of Sunday's clash.

:O I figured he'd have a concussion, but no memory of the game?! Hope he ends up alright. Concussions are nasty business.

Anyway, 3-0 Liverpool. N'Gog (2) and maybe Poulsen, never know I suppose. ;)

:O I figured he'd have a concussion, but no memory of the game?! Hope he ends up alright. Concussions are nasty business.

Anyway, 3-0 Liverpool. N'Gog (2) and maybe Poulsen, never know I suppose. ;)
I imagine he'll be alright for City, if not we've got cover, still got Insua, Aurelio, and Wilson

is this game tonight or friday as the thread date says its on Friday?