Liverpool vs Trabzonspor ITV1 19:45 19/08/10

my thoughts are that pool will need to take any sort of a lead back to turkey because they dont want to go there with a 0-0 scoreline it will be hostile as **** in turkey.

i think they need two goals to go to turkey with.

what an important goal, that will wake up the fans a bit

what an important goal, that will wake up the fans a bit

Everyone is concentrating on supporting the manager and wondering why the f*ck we're playing on the counter at home.

We've been shambolic but a goal on the break to the pacey front-man may change the perception of that half.

It's amusing listening to Beglin and Tyldesley trying their hardest to find excuses for such a shambolic performance. They'd have had no such difficulties last season.

Can understand why Mr.Hodgson is doing it, but it's all a bit craptastic isn't it? We're playing 6 men back at all times and hoofing it forward in the hope that it stays up front. I've never seen our fullbacks so limited. Poulsen isn't at the races - whatever the reason, he shouldn't be on that pitch based on that first half.

Mr.Hodgson will have very restless natives if this joyless football continues.

Everyone is concentrating on supporting the manager and wondering why the f*ck we're playing on the counter at home.

We've been shambolic but a goal on the break to the pacey front-man may change the perception of that half.

It's amusing listening to Beglin and Tyldesley trying their hardest to find excuses for such a shambolic performance. They'd have had no such difficulties last season.

Can understand why Mr.Hodgson is doing it, but it's all a bit craptastic isn't it? We're playing 6 men back at all times and hoofing it forward in the hope that it stays up front. I've never seen our fullbacks so limited. Poulsen isn't at the races - whatever the reason, he shouldn't be on that pitch based on that first half.

Mr.Hodgson will have very restless natives if this joyless football continues.
ive made my feelings on Beglin and Tyldesley clear lots times, ie twats, and i couldnt help but smirk at the waffle they brought us as excuses.
poulsen's not just half a yard of, hes still in the changing room, totally lost, and thats not somethng you can afford where hes playing.
Taking my United hat off here, im concerned for the way roy has got the side playing, its not unexpected but if he has hopes of top 4, hes got to find a better balance. early doors yet, but still worrying.

Last edited:
Torres on for Babel. Maybe a signal of more attack minded play?

what a difference a goal makes

We certainly look livelier since the half time break.

LMAO at Cole, Well theres your saviour in his full glory

Joey Cole can't do anything right at the moment, I love it.

Liverpool should still win this easily.

i dont know why torres didnt take that... cole is having a very **** week

i dont care that he plays for the wrong red but torres :wub:

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

this keeper is a shambles. if i was liverpool i'd start letting fly from 25 yards now, he's bound to spill one in

That 1-0 could so easily have been 3-0, Torres should have taken the pen and there was no foul on the keeper, should have been a red card for simulation.

Torres looked a beast today and was great to see Lucas running midfield, finally starting to look like the player Rafa paid £10m for. Poulsen was pretty poor today, certainly couldn't be compare to Masc but once fully fit I'm sure he'll be perfect cover. Kelly played a solid game and actually managed to get higher up the field later on in the game, however having such defensive forwards is a terrible idea for Liverpool.

All in all we were unlucky to only have finished 1 goal ahead but this Turkish side have very little quality and it would take a miracle for them to reach the next stage...