Liverpool 'will not weaken squad'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool owner John Henry insists the club have no intention of selling the Anfield outfit's top players.

More...

We should be going in the other direction, buying top players aswell as keeping...

It would not make any sense to weaken the squad, given the dodgy league position we're in. If the team is struggling with the likes of Reina & Torres in it, it doesn't bear thinking about how we would be doing without them. We need to STRENGTHEN, especially when we were starved of cash in the summer transfer window & consequently ended up with even MORE average players like Poulsen & Konchesky.

That having been said, I'm not at all sure I'd trust Woy to bring in the quality players that the team needs to improve. ****, he might not even be here come January.

your first team scout has been looking at players for the last 2 months, and he said that you would be looking to bring in 3-4 starting quality first team players, will try and find the link to the article it was some time back

sigh.

i forgot that untied and liverpool are the only two teams in the world.

let's keep discussing them, bringing up the same points on all threads.

sigh.

It's a BBC Sport thread though? I'll email him now and ask him to post everything they've put in an article about Arsenal for the last 3 months if ya want? ;)

If you stay out of the media, you're doing things right.

You should be happy, Frank.

sigh.

If you don't like discussing liverpool or united, why the **** did you open this thread and post?
Just to let us know you don't care?
Well thanks for letting us know. I don't think i could have gone on without knowing you don't care.|)

We're not going to drop down a division, don't worry.

i know that. especially since Torres has started scoring goals again. I'll bet they'll make top 4, but you can't leave out the possibility of it happening.

your first team scout has been looking at players for the last 2 months, and he said that you would be looking to bring in 3-4 starting quality first team players, will try and find the link to the article it was some time back

Hot rumours about Drenthe joining. Also Kenny was scouting Eden Hazard :)

But we've got excellent youth system.

We just need to develop our sodding youth for once. So much potential at Liverpool.

We just need to develop our sodding youth for once. So much potential at Liverpool.

That is impossible though, as you guys are expecting and demanding instant success from Roy, How can he then fledge youth players in, who will be inconsitent and not fully up to scratch, when he is under so much pressure to get things right straight away.

That is impossible though, as you guys are expecting and demanding instant success from Roy, How can he then fledge youth players in, who will be inconsitent and not fully up to scratch, when he is under so much pressure to get things right straight away.

Can't get alot more inconsistent and not fully up to scratch than a few of the current first teamers tbh.

I've read that Liverpool aren't going to invest in January and if results pick up, they shouldn't have to. January is generally a more expensive time to buy than in the summer and the new owners will realise this if they're as smart as everyone says. I've read a few articles that the new owners aren't going splash out in January.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9103269.stm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...be-denied-big-signing-in-january-2117523.html

It looks as though progress will be a slow burn to the top and to be honest, it would be asking a lot of them to invest loads considering they've just wiped out £300 Million worth of debt.

Can't get alot more inconsistent and not fully up to scratch than a few of the current first teamers tbh.

Stll if he played the "kids" in a league game, and got hammered he would get slaughtered by th fans. He is in a lose-lose situation with the kids.

Back