Liverpool 'will not weaken squad'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 3K
Yer i tottaly agree and i have said it a few times, when i heard Pool put in a last minute bid for Carlton Cole on deadline day i thought what i signing this would be. Because Cole is a big man that would naturally draw in the defenders leaving Torres free at times. I also saw that they tried signing Mario Gomez on deadline day so it must have been on Pools mind to sign a target man.
We've needed one since Crouch left, but NOT Carlton Cole. Oscar Cardoza would be immense, or Mario Gomez.

What if Torres wants out??? I said in the summer Pool should have sold Torres and Gerrard and pocketed around 100 million but only if they got all that back obviously.

I onestly believe Torres wouldnt just leave us in the lerch in January. Think he will stay untill the end of the season and see how things go. I could be eating my words in January but I hope not.

Big IF. torres is a more physical player than bojan is

The good thing about Bojan is that he has time on his side.

We've needed one since Crouch left, but NOT Carlton Cole. Oscar Cardoza would be immense, or Mario Gomez.

Yer ok i know Cole isen't the best but he would take some of the weight off Torres. But i agree Cardozo or Gomez would be a much better bet.

The good thing about Bojan is that he has time on his side.

Yer ok i know Cole isen't the best but he would take some of the weight off Torres. But i agree Cardozo or Gomez would be a much better bet.
Torres was already very physical at that age. thats why he adapted so quickly to the league. He only started to struggle once teams decided to major kick lumps out of him rather than a hard but fair tackle. Also Bojan is tiny

Bojan would be a bad buy at the moment. No time to let someone settle to the league. Also he would probably spark the end of Pachecos Liverpool career which isnt good news.

Rather have a target man like everyones saying but to be onest I'd rather not play 4-4-2. Ideally we could get Diarra an a winger and carry on the way we are playing with Diarra replacing Poulsen in the holding role with Meireles next to him.

Back