Liverpools Chris Mavinga says Hodgson is biased towards English players

Ok.....

so I don't really think you can read too much into Mavinga's outburst. I think it is more to do with other young players getting their chance in front of him.

Which in my opinion, they deserve more so than him, especially the likes of Kelly, Darby, Spearing who have been around the academy for years.

He has a few points in his case.

I think he'll end up like this in the next six to seven years:

View attachment 102098
So, you are basing you analysis in Football Manager ? Have you seen him play even once ? For what Ive seen in the reserves matches and in the Sub 19 World Cup (which he won) he looks a very promising player.

Last edited:
So, you are basing you analysis in Football Manager ? Have you seen him play even once ? For what Ive seen in the reserves matches and in the Sub 19 World Cup (which he won) he looks a very promising player.

Yeah,so? I didn't mean it seriously.

To be fair he was only saying he can see his career going that way not that it 100% would because FM said so.

Could you imagine the likes of Graeme Souness doing this when he was at Liverpool or even further back Tottenham demanding first team training he would of been slapped out of the club. Players can't come around like this demanding things every player at a club should realise your there to do a job for the club and you should do what your told in order to make things easier on the manager. If Roy is favouring young British talent then fair play to him with only 40% first teamers in the Prem being English I think it will be for the best of the club and no one can argue that a team of English speaking players in a dress rooming is better than foreigners still coming to grips with the language.

Could you imagine the likes of Graeme Souness doing this when he was at Liverpool or even further back Tottenham demanding first team training he would of been slapped out of the club. Players can't come around like this demanding things every player at a club should realise your there to do a job for the club and you should do what your told in order to make things easier on the manager. If Roy is favouring young British talent then fair play to him with only 40% first teamers in the Prem being English I think it will be for the best of the club and no one can argue that a team of English speaking players in a dress rooming is better than foreigners still coming to grips with the language.
I actually can. I think the last World Cup and Eurocup showed us something.

What bit are you arguing about the Dressing room or Souness bit?

bit of a non story hes whining cos he didnt get picked, and is trying to turn it into a bigger story by saying roy is biased. the fact that he's making these comments rather than getting his head down and working harder in training betrays his personality a little and shows he'd rather blame others than look at his own performance, i mean we're only in august the season is 2 weeks old, have some patience.

he's probably shafted any chance of getting picked now as well

What Mavinga is saying is completely understandable, and while some of the things are out of order, he has every right to have a little bit of a moan if he's being discriminated against because he's not English. Which if true is very worrying.

He's not expecting to be played in the first team, all he's wanting to know is why after an impressive season for the reserves last year, and a very impressive showing for France at the UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship he has been demoted back to training with the reserves when he is one of two natural left-backs in the team. Really doesn't make any sense to me.

Well lets face it, mavinga is pretty ****. Anyone who I have seen play in the first team so far this season I actually rate.

What are you basing that on, because he's never played for the first team? Or maybe it's your fail English that's confusing me.

Mavinga was very highly rated by the back room staff (including Rafa). He's one of the reasons starlet Christopher Buchtman was allowed to leave.

Which in my opinion, they deserve more so than him, especially the likes of Kelly, Darby, Spearing who have been around the academy for years.

That is a pretty dumb reason. So if we signed a 16 year old CM next week who was pretty talented and was more than capable of being on the fringes of the Liverpool squad. Should he have to stay with the youth team just because the very average and over-rated local lad Spearing was there for longer?

Yeah Souness would of never stood for this, he would of shipped out these promising youngsters at the first opportunity and wasted the money on someone like Julian Dicks. I think you chose a ******* awful manager to mention UKMACKIE.

I think plenty of people would argue that most foreign players are able to learn to speak English better than English people. Why does it matter how fluent they are as long as they understand instructions that's all that matters. Most of these foreign players generally have a better understanding of the game than the English lads anyway.

i swear last season people were moaning english players dint have the chance now this season foreign players are moaning they aint having a chance LOL!

There's only one English player ahead of him. If he means British, then there are two. If he thinks that he's ahead of Kelly or Wilson (both players identified by the previous manager) then I'd like him to pass that stuff around because it must be good smoking.

Think the only real whinge there is that he wants to train with the first team - and he himself identifies the problem - there's too many players currently doing that. Think he's right about needing to go on loan too.

Bit of a non-story really, probably triggered by Pacheco seeming to have got a squad role for the season.