Save your database. set up FM and go to start new game. Sellect default database and at the bottom it should say something about edited data with a box that says change or something like that. tick it.
ok still cant find it. this is what my start screen looks like when i click new game... where is the part i need to tick?

ok still cant find it. this is what my start screen looks like when i click new game... where is the part i need to tick?

Mine looks exactly the same. No option to load up my own edited database.

its before you get to that straight after you click New Game.

Ok fixed! Firstly you should delete your cache and then remove the config.xml file from the editor data folder.

same prob!
this option with loading the own database came just one time at the first start and it´s now no longer there!

Where is the cache?

after you click new game that screen appears, there's no option to upload the database:S

nope still no box, i did not use steam to install the game. may that have something to do with it?

Ok fixed! Firstly you should delete your cache and then remove the config.xml file from the editor data folder.
ive removed the config.xml file but how do i delete my cache?

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

ive deleted cache and removed the config.xml but still not working sorry

Hey guys, I had the same problem as mentioned in this topic. (Im a non-steamer btw, but I doubt this matters in this case)

I tried several methods to fix it, and at last one worked. What I did was:
- Copy your .xml (one is config.xml - thats the original database, the other file is your modified database) file from My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data to another location
- Uninstall FM 10
- Manually delete all the user files in my documents > sports interactive (all the trainings, tactics, dbs etc.)
- Delete cache (you can do it easily in your browser)
- Install FM 10
- Copy your database file back to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data (if the folder isnt there just set it up)
- Run FM 10 and the box should pop up, meaning the problem is solved :)

I think if you follow the steps carefully you will solve the problem :)
Good luck :)

Hey guys, I had the same problem as mentioned in this topic. (Im a non-steamer btw, but I doubt this matters in this case)

- Copy your .xml (one is config.xml - thats the original database, the other file is your modified database) file from My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data to another location
- Uninstall FM 10
- Manually delete all the user files in my documents > sports interactive (all the trainings, tactics, dbs etc.)
- Install FM 10
- Copy your database file back to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data (if the folder isnt there just set it up)

it took my computer an hour to install fm10 so doing all that will take ages. ill just carry on with the origional database for now and see if theres a quicker way but thanks.

Had same problem but fixed it when you start new game there should be a option like fm 09 where you can select te database,altho it only says default,there is a box in the same window you can tick , still you can only select default.but if you click continue when you have ticket the box then a new window will show up with the edited database you have,should fix the problem.

if you dont get the option where to tick the box then i cant help you

- Uninstall FM 10
- Install FM 10

I did this several times but it didn't work, I still don't get a box when I start a new game :'(
I hate FM 10 right now

Last edited:
Untitled.png
i have the same problem.. but i have noticed when you start a new game and you are selecting which leagues to put in, under the new game tab theres a button that says "select editor data files" next to the "select leagues" but even though i have saved a editor data file i cant load it dunno wat to do???

Last edited:
same prob as everyone above and have done everythin that has been said and still cant find how to select my data base

Ive managed to load up own database.

It worked for me - Document>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>editor data>

the 'editor data' folder had two files in it, my saved database called "update1" and the second file called "config". I deleted the "config" file.

I then loaded up fm10 and selected new game, was the given the option to change the database (like it used to on fm09) you then tick the small box at the bottom of the window. it then takes you to another larger window and your database (mine - update1) is then ticked and press confirm. done! hope this helps, if not - good luck.