-----
Howard
Heitinga
Rodwell
Fellaini
Meireles
Kuyt
Saha

My brother and I were just compiling some city-wide teams, and thought we'd post this thread to gather opinions on which you think is best.

Poll is public, so try to remain unbiased please and vote for the team which you actually believe to be the best, not the one which has your own club's players.

Note: Starting XI is considered more important than the sub bench, as you can imagine.

Although i dont agree with Lamps on the bench i think it would be very close between the London side and Manchester side. Too close to call i rekon. I think the Liverpool side are weaker in defence than the other two. So because i think it would be close im voting for the London side because its littered with Chelsea players.

Who would you replace with Lampard, in the starting XI?

Personally think the London team would be too strong, but the Manchester side would push it very close.

Liverpool team looks a bit weak in key areas compared to the other two sides e.g. CB, CM

I think it's a slightly unfair comparison when the London XI is made from 3 teams competing for a CL place, Manchester has 2 and Liverpool only have 1 (at a push). I'd say London would win, although I would like to see Parker/Wilshere in the squad.

Very close between the Manchester and London teams. Personally I think the Manchester team just edges, however instead of De Jong I would have Hargreaves but other then that I agree with the team.

London has the clear advantage (being the captial and e'rything) Not fair, United have City...We have Everton :(

Who would you replace with Lampard, in the starting XI?

Possibly Fabregas. You already have a midfielder that can sit and spray passes i.e Modric, you have a battler who can defend and attack i.e Essien and Lampard is the goalscoring midfielder.

I think it's a slightly unfair comparison when the London XI is made from 3 teams competing for a CL place, Manchester has 2 and Liverpool only have 1 (at a push). I'd say London would win, although I would like to see Parker/Wilshere in the squad.

I understand your concern, but there isn't much I can do to appease that. Not my fault Bolton aren't higher in the table, after all.

Manchester side looks ominously strong. I reckon the London side just about scrapes it partially due to some much better subs though.

Possibly Fabregas. You already have a midfielder that can sit and spray passes i.e Modric, you have a battler who can defend and attack i.e Essien and Lampard is the goalscoring midfielder.

I'd put Fabregas ahead of Lampard myself. He too scores his fair share of goals.

Yaya DeJong controlling midfield, Silva creating chances, Tevez Rooney creating problems with their work rate and quality, plus Nani creating Havoc from Right side along with Rafael, too good to watch.

Personally i would like to play Scholes as he sprays the passes superbly and along side Yaya or DeJong he would be even more effective..

Scholes would have been included if Rooney was in a forward role, rather than in the hole. As it stands, I think the Manchester XI needs De Jong as the destroyer and Yaya making driving runs from deep.

He's on the bench anyway, so he still counts towards the result.

one things for sure, it would be an awesome match! agree with all three line-ups with London XI possible coming out on top but the Manchester XI would push it very close.

Yeah, well I thought I'd include a Liverpool XI, but it just doesn't come close on paper. Should maybe have limited it to London v Manchester, but then I may have been bombarded with angry comments from tyre-jacking Scousers.

;)

If manchester XI had Fletcher in it would have got my vote but as it hasnt london just edges it despite having a poor GK.

I presume you haven't watched Cech this season.

I put it down to a not-so-subtle trolling attempt and ignored it.

Back