London XI v Manchester XI v Liverpool XI

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 6K

Best team?

• Total voters
It didin't look like that to me in the last manchester derby. I mean that the ginger kid is not at his best anymore...and is not the same ginger he was few years ago.

Your rating players over one match? And plus how can you compare Gareth miss place passes Barry to the Paul ginger ninja Scholes when they play different roles ?

Last edited:
It didin't look like that to me in the last manchester derby. I just mean that the ginger kid is not at his best anymore...and is not the same ginger he was few years ago.

I mean...this is the present starting line-up..isn't it?

He might not be but you cant judge that by that tackle. Scholes has done that all through his career not just that match. I think he is more suited when Utd are bossing games and not being pressure in the midfield.

It didin't look like that to me in the last manchester derby. I just mean that the ginger kid is not at his best anymore...and is not the same ginger he was few years ago.

I mean...this is the present starting line-up..isn't it?

Tevez looked half the player against us in both the league games. So?

Scholes is not the same Scholes he was anymore, but still better than the players you have mentioned very comfortably..

But why do you pick someone like Fabio? He has rarely featured in the Premier league..and Anderson? i think he is **** too.

And Scholes is 37 and i dont rate him anymore (especially from that ugly tackle on Zab) and i think he is a finished product.

I rate Milner or even Barry ahead of all of them.

Milner possibly but Barry, not a chance in ****. I think he is lucky to even still be at City.

I think I'd take Cahill out of the Liverpool XI - Excellent player, but doesn't have passing ability of Arteta. Move Arteta into AMC and have Kuyt's work-rate and decent crossing on the RW for me.

I'd say London XI would win, though. Unfortunately, I'm not sure Drogba and RvP would work in the same team - both work best as a lone-striker and I'd see RvP getting in his way too much - even if he's starting on the right and cutting in. Don't know who I'd have over him, though - you can't not include someone of his quality.

I would have Brede Hangeland over Ivanovic, by the way.

I considered Nasri on the right ahead of RVP, because I felt the same way about RVP having to play centrally to be most effective, however; he has so much ability than it seemed crazy not to include him. If you play RVP centrally ahead of Drogba, then you're missing out on one of the most complete players in the world on his day.

Difficult decision really.

My XIs would be:

Cech
Sagna - Terry - Luiz - Cole
Essien
Fabregas - Lampard
RVP............-............Bale
Drogba

VDS
Richards - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra
Nani - Toure - Scholes - Silva
Rooney - Tevez

Reina
Johnson - Jagielka - Agger - Baines
Meireles - Gerrard
Arteta - Cahill - Suarez
Carroll​

Out of which would be:
1: London
2: Manchester
3: Liverpool

IMO.

I would agree maybe Brana at rightback.

Possibly. I really rate Ivanovic too, one of my favourite players.

I considered Nasri on the right ahead of RVP, because I felt the same way about RVP having to play centrally to be most effective, however; he has so much ability than it seemed crazy not to include him. If you play RVP centrally ahead of Drogba, then you're missing out on one of the most complete players in the world on his day.

Difficult decision really.

It really is. I personally think a 4-2-3-1 would work better for this team, with Fabregas drifting behind Drogba and Modric creating from deep. RVP is a very difficult one. I think I'd have to leave him out in favour of Nasri, really.

Either him or Bendtner.

Well fair point with that creative thing. Milner and Barry are completely different.
But same could be said about that line-up. I wonder if Silva could play like he is playing now if Rooney was playing behind the striker. Silva needs space because he is not a winger and he cuts inside and plays the trequartista role or whatever it's called.

So if we have an right winger in Nani..why isn't the left sided player a winger? It should be Adam Johnson or Bibotelli instead then.

Last edited:
Right.

London XI:

Cech
Sagna - Hangeland - Terry - Cole
Essien - Modric
Nasri - Fabregas - Bale
Drogba

Manchester XI:

VDS
Rafael - Vidic - Kompany - Evra
Y. Toure - De Jong
Nani - Rooney - Silva
Tevez

Liverpool XI:

Reina
Neville - Jagielka - Agger - Baines
Lucas - Arteta
Gerrard - Cahill - Suarez
Carroll

Birmingham XI:

Foster
Walker - Dann - Johnson - Ridgewell
Gardner - Makoun
Albrighton - Young - Downing
Bent

Either him or Bendtner.

**** off.

;)

lol @CJACKO - Determined to include his Chelsea players :P

I wasn't sure about Ivanovic at CB either. One of the best RBs in the league (Still think Sagna > Ivanovic, though).

ZM had "the PL team of the season" on ESPN yesterday and made a brilliant point about Aaron Hughes. 400 PL games and he's never been sent off. One of the most consistent players in the league when you think about it and only the current top 4 have better defensive records.

Only four cities have more than one team in the PL, so to be fair I did a Birmingham one too.

Which tbh prawns all.

Right.

London XI:

Cech
Sagna - Hangeland - Terry - Cole
Essien - Modric
Nasri - Fabregas - Bale
Drogba

Manchester XI:

VDS
Rafael - Vidic - Kompany - Evra
Y. Toure - De Jong
Nani - Rooney - Silva
Tevez

Liverpool XI:

Reina
Neville - Jagielka - Agger - Baines
Lucas - Arteta
Gerrard - Cahill - Suarez
Carroll

Birmingham XI:

Foster
Walker - Dann - Johnson - Ridgewell
Gardner - Makoun
Albrighton - Young - Downing
Bent

Seamus Coleman instead of Neville?

Seamus Coleman instead of Neville?

I dunno. Neville has been really superb there over this season and last, one of the most consistent performers in the Prem. Where's ajt when you need him?

Ride the Walrus said:
@GodCubed, a lot of Gerrard's influence is lost on the wing

I know, but I felt it would be unbalanced with him deeper. You could argue the same about Arteta after all. He's more suited to a deeper role. Didn't Gerrard have his highest ever goalscoring season on the RW, or did I just make that up?

Last edited:
Back