London XI v Manchester XI v Liverpool XI

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 6K

Best team?

• Total voters
Gonna be biased and say Liverpool XI. Although i doubt any of these XI's would be able to work together :p

I presume you haven't watched Cech this season.

Arguably been his best season. Because Chelsea havent been as good this season he has had more to do so we have realised just how good of a keeper he is.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Would be an epic Datebase though. You should try and do more i.e Milan based one and i would say Madrid but only Aguero would get into the Real side possibly. Glasgow side would be intresting and maybe a Moscow based side.

I'd replace Essien with Song.

p.s 2 Spurs players in London line up, BIASED OP :)

Cech and Reina had joint clean-sheet record last season, as I recall.

The Manchester bench is completely wrong. Shame on you for not including Adam Johnson and Pablo Zabaleta in the Manchester bench.

I would pick Balotelli ahead of Berbaflop too. (Or the little pea)

The Manchester bench is completely wrong. Shame on you for not including Adam Johnson and Pablo Zabaleta in the Manchester bench.

I considered Hernandez ahead of Berbatov, but I think the Bulgarian would offer more to the players I have chosen around him.

As for Johnson and Zabaleta, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'd say my choices were better.

Na I just dont think Cech is in the same league as Reina and VDS

Seriously? Won the golden glove award last season and i believe he is winning it this season at the moment too. Also heard the record for most minutes without conceding a goal when before VDS went and beat it. 2-3 years ago he went through a bad patch (due to his eyesight) but he is easily up there with both of them and at 7 million is an absolute bargain without a dout.

Nice team but where is Park Ji-Sung ? :(

Personally I think Faurlin should replace Fabregas but apart from that London XI looks awesome and they would probably win

Bibotelli is the second best player in the world and it is a crime not to include him. according you our Madridista CR7

Berbatov is just a league top scorer so he should be dropped..

Seriously? Won the golden glove award last season and i believe he is winning it this season at the moment too. Also heard the record for most minutes without conceding a goal when before VDS went and beat it. 2-3 years ago he went through a bad patch (due to his eyesight) but he is easily up there with both of them and at 7 million is an absolute bargain without a dout.

He is definitely in the same league as those two, i find it bizarre anyone would think otherwise

Personally I think Faurlin should replace Fabregas but apart from that London XI looks awesome and they would probably win

Maybe next year when QPR are part of the Premier League again.

Billy, i'd have Hernandez over Dimi becuase he would provide a different type of threat to the others, stretches play in the the others cant; but its a close call

I considered Hernandez ahead of Berbatov, but I think the Bulgarian would offer more to the players I have chosen around him.

As for Johnson and Zabaleta, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'd say my choices were better.

But why do you pick someone like Fabio? He has rarely featured in the Premier league..and Anderson? i think he is **** too.

And Scholes is 37 and i dont rate him anymore (especially from that ugly tackle on Zab) and i think he is a finished product.

I rate Milner or even Barry ahead of all of them.

But why do you pick someone like Fabio? He has rarely featured in the Premier league..and Anderson? i think he is **** too.

And Scholes is 37 and i dont rate him anymore (especially from that ugly tackle on Zab) and i think he is a finished product.

Barry over Scholes? Scholes with one leg and one eye is better than 2 Barrys..

Age hardly matters. Giggs won the tie against Chelsea and he is older than Scholes.

yeah because those two are clearly better playmakers than him... christ. Look at the squad, its picked so well on balance. name one player who can do what scholes can and isnt in the squad. barry's role is taken by better players, so is milner's.

VDS is 40, what's age got to with anything?

Barry over Scholes? Scholes with one leg and one eye is better than 2 Barrys..

It didin't look like that to me in the last manchester derby. I just mean that the ginger kid is not at his best anymore...and is not the same ginger he was few years ago.

I mean...this is the present starting line-up..isn't it?

Last edited:
Fabio was included for versatility. He can play both full-back roles, wing, and centre of midfield, as shown by a couple of games this season.

Neither Milner nor Barry have the same ability as Scholes, 37 or not. Anderson was included because he can fill an 'in the hole' type of role, and I couldn't think of another player who could. Perhaps Giggs, but he doesn't have the energy to run for 90 minutes unlike Rooney/Anderson.

Thought went into my choices, but feel free to do your own and see if people prefer it. If they do, I'll update the OP.

Back