LONGEST CAREER EVER ? CAN WE DIE ON FM ?

mbaudrier

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

What is your longest career for the moment on FM 2012 (and for the other FM)?

Can we die? Are we obligated to take our retreat? :)

The furthest i've ever gone is 2034 on FM11, so 'I' was about 50 by then. I've heard that you get automatically retired at a certain age and you have to make another manager.

Although I think it would be cool if you could make a son as a manager and start off with a reputation because of who your 'dad' was

If you had the time and a good enough computer, could you carry on for ever?

im reaching 55 years old in my arsenal save in fm11

i got to 97 in fm 11 was world class but couldnt get any jobs as nobody would take me on i guess cause of my age

who would have thought age discrimination exists on FM

i got to 97 in fm 11 was world class but couldnt get any jobs as nobody would take me on i guess cause of my age

i wonder if yoda will get a job too XD

Last edited:
I had just one long Career in FM10, Started with Ayr United and then moved onto Wolves and then Dortmund. After about 15 years the number and quality of the players available become really poor even if you do all you can to develop them at your club. It's very disheartening to view the national team and find the computer genereted players all greyed out. Usually I quit after 5 seasons, but currently I'm in my 5th season with Clyde and waiting for Neil Lennon to get sacked or Get a good Italian club.

Never had an issue with age in the games myself, Ive had save files that have gone onto the likes of the year 2050 and what not with not difference. With a huge database and a lot of leagues open, there are always quality players around to get. Didnt someone last year upload games 100, 250, 500 and 1000 years from now? Nearly sure I saw that somewhere.

My longest career is on FM2012. I'm in 2020.

I get bored easily.

I haven't gone past season 4 at any of my FM saves. I lack motivation after some point...

Like Redders I get bored easily but I am now in 2018 hoping ti get at least at 2025 to see Messi retiring and see who is going to replace him as the best player ( Neymar, Hazzard or Gotze)

fm12 My longest career was 2019 last job was with england won the world cup verus germany i ritred after that was only 35

i'm currently into my longest save,
radcliffe borough..2022!
into the championship now ;)

I think I got the answer using analogy :)

My coaches, if they don't retired, their age will be max out at 99 or 101 (I don't remember) (but I think 99). and it will stay there and not go up anymore even he will be one year older year after year. (my example, I recall, is Cesare Maldini)

so I think our age will be max at age 99 and stay there forever as well. :)

Never had an issue with age in the games myself, Ive had save files that have gone onto the likes of the year 2050 and what not with not difference. With a huge database and a lot of leagues open, there are always quality players around to get. Didnt someone last year upload games 100, 250, 500 and 1000 years from now? Nearly sure I saw that somewhere.

Wow !

I'll be glad to see a save which has reached 2100..

fm11 2039 got bored after about 2020 and just went on holiday untill all the transfer windows opened bought players and holiday untill the next