Look who is back: "IL Capitano" taking over the Red & Black!

We play Inter twice in the Italian Cup semi final in February, and won the 1st leg comfortably!
Isco scoring a brace was the highlight of our domination this time!
View attachment 219007

This is what you should do when you are 2-1 down against a top class opponent! We scored 3 goals in the last half hour, and showed how much we wanted this victory!!
View attachment 219006

A very healthy lead at the top of the table now, happy times definitely!
View attachment 219005

Not what we wanted, the defeat, but we won on aggregate and that's what mattered..
An absolute goal glut here and Inter emerged victorious in the game, but we won to qualify for the Italian cup final twice in a row...
View attachment 219004

Cartabia has become an important member of the team now, and he had a wonderful game scoring 2.. Berardi continues to score!
View attachment 219003

In February we played 4 games in the league, two in the Italian Cup, and 1 in the CL knock out stage..

View attachment 219002

Berardi scored a brace to earn us an important victory, as well 2 away goals!
View attachment 219001

Berardi scoring a brace again as we saw off Atalanta with some ease!
View attachment 219000

A late goal from Ruben Pardo earned us a point, as we fell behind in the 56th minute, but clawed back to earn a point!
View attachment 218999

A lead of 11 points, with 11 games to go! Fingers crossed we don't let go of this lead!
View attachment 218998

March was a short month in terms of football.. Just the 4 games in the league, and 1 game in the CL knock out round second leg..

View attachment 218996

We won this game late on.. seemed to be heading towards a draw but we scored 2 goals in the final 15 mins!
View attachment 218995

And this game it seemed we would lose, surely...
but Bonazzoli started for the first time, and scored two vital goals to earn us another point!
View attachment 218994

Following the game against Napoli where I opted to play the reserve players, here I fielded a full strength side, and the result! We qualify through to the CL Q/F's!
View attachment 218993

Another hattrick for Berardi! Love this lad! We secure another victory, as we look to win the Serie A for the 1st time since 2011!
View attachment 218992

Berardi again! A tough game this one..Candreva, Balde Keita and De Vrij are 3 of their players I would love to bring here...
View attachment 218991

In the CL QF's, we were to play Chelsea.. The Board wanted me to take the team to the QF's, and I achieved that goal.. but like any forward thinking coach, I wanted to go as far as we possibly could...

The first part of April was... disaster! 3 consecutive defeats!

View attachment 218981

2-0 at HT, and I decided to make some changes for the CL game in midweek, and we threw a 2 goal lead to lose 3-2!
View attachment 218980

I knew this would be tough, away from home against a strong Chelsea team.. Timo Horn at goal hasn't done well... the previous game we lost 3-2, and this!
View attachment 218979

And we lose again to our rivals! It seemed we would surely get a point, maybe even 3 after Inter were a man down.. but alas!
View attachment 218978

5 games to go now, and the 11 points lead has become 7 all of a sudden!
View attachment 218977

We have secured continental qualification, what was expected from us!
View attachment 218976

After the 3 consecutive defeats, I sat down with the team, and asked them to go stronger now.. This campaign would mean nothing if we let it slip now!

View attachment 218975

First up, Chelsea, and we needed to overturn a 2-0 goal advantage Chelsea held... 2 goals in the first half hour helped us control most of the game, and we pushed on to extra time, and Cartabia scored the winner in the 99th minute! Semifinals await us!
View attachment 218974

Match stats against Chelsea..
View attachment 218973

And for people who would ask questions (*ahem ahem)... it's now 10 days in game when the last save occurred, I am on an auto-save which happens every 15 days iirc..
View attachment 218972

Next round.. very tough! But better than Bayern or Barca!
View attachment 218971

Missed the screenshot of the other game..

A slender lead, though PSG would be happier with an away goal, definitely.. Need to be at our best in the next leg if we are to achieve the impossible!
View attachment 218970

April end here.. league, CL S/F 2nd leg...

View attachment 218969

Vallejo started and scored the only goal in this game.. he's developing well now, and will be featured even more next season...
View attachment 218968

With the win against Palermo and other results, we win the Serie A!
View attachment 218967
CHAMPIONS!!!
Why wouldn't they be!
View attachment 218966

Knew it would be tough.. PSG are the French champions, and this game they worked hard to score 2, and prevent us from scoring!
View attachment 218965

Hattrick again for Berardi! Grealish is improving now, scoring goals, assisting, making difference.. amazing player!
View attachment 218964

Season end now.. Final 2 games in the league, and Italian Cup Final against Napoli...

View attachment 218963

Q: Define legend..
A: Andrea Pirlo!
5-0 victory in any cup final is an awesome result, and we got this against a strong Napoli side!
View attachment 218962

A rotated team, fringe players, as I looked to keep most players fresh for the final home game of the season.. Ajer scored his 1st goal..
View attachment 218961

Berardi & Grealish both scoring a brace, 2 players with very bright future ahead.. This was a special way to end a very successful season!
View attachment 218960

Twice in a row! And despite being out injured for almost 2 months,
Shelvey still earns the Fans' Player of the Year award!
Are the fans deluded?
Or is Shelvey really that good?
Man City, Man Utd, Spurs etc are all interested in him now!

View attachment 218954

Phew! I have updated this thread now till where I am on the save!

Pirlo, 37... Gabi, 33... Jonjo probably going to leave..
As a result I need to build this team for the coming few years also..
Tielemans is that player I'm betting on! He was watched by our scouts for the entire last season, and impressed them throughout..

Mustafi & Xhaka deals were agreed last summer, and they will be valuable additions, providing options and depth..

De Vrij for $6m! Couldn't say a no there...

Alexandre Pato is HG at the club, so it was a no brainer!

Roberts, Martinsen & Dostal are young players for the future...

View attachment 218952
View attachment 218951