Look who is back: "IL Capitano" taking over the Red & Black!

Not just against small teams this tactic...
Still some work to do, defensively and set pieces..
It's a 4-3-2-1, 3 CM's and 2 AM's.. I might change 1 CM to DM as a regista.. Pirlo!

View attachment 218846

With Pirlo at 37 and Gabi at 33, and Gonalons not all that effective, Tielemans not the player currently that we expect him to be in a year or two, I decided to bring in an Italian midfielder in the team, and Verratti fit the bill..
He was Chelsea, and wasted there.. Here he comes to play more, and become a vital player hopefully.. He'll be the replacement for Shelvey imo..

I am now considering changing a few things in the tactic, revert to the standard 4-1-2-2-1 and play an absolute possession based game this season.. and in between against weaker opponents, try out smashing them big time!

Also have commitments with Spain now..

Last year we did well in the Champions League if you ask me- reaching S/F's and losing to the eventual champions, PSG..

Vallejo was more of a back up option last season, though he started 13 games, and came on as a sub in 12 more games, making 25 appearances in all competitions..

Also, he's going to be a key part of my Spain side, and thus, when he came to me asking about Barca's interest, and wanting to join them, there was no way, NO ****** WAY I could let that happen..

View attachment 218725

It took a long time, and a lot of convincing...
but eventually.....
View attachment 218724

I was happy after the 2nd round..
We were seeded 2nd, and SLB were 1st..
I was relieved.. until I saw Manchester United joined us coming in as the 3rd seeded team! A tough group this one, and we'll have to be at our best in order to get through this tricky test!!

View attachment 218723

And so the season begins.. 1st and only game in the month of August in the league, and we faced Fiorentina away.. Not an easy game this, but we came out with the victory comfortably.. 3 goals with half hour, with Berardi scoring a brace! Grealish looks like he'll be an important player this year!

View attachment 218721

The least number of players I've signed in any given window across all my saves ever on FM!
That's saying something..

Also, as it is, the team was balanced, and I just needed to tweak a wee bit, adding to numbers also were only quality players, and a few youngsters!

View attachment 218717

312m recoupled from player sales, 140m spent on players bought!

Also, our wage budget remained more or less the same..

Time for a new Spanish revolution! We thoroughly dominated this game, though it was late into the game we got the goals.. but still, a victory is a victory! World Cup qualifier game against minnows Faroe Islands..

De Gea in the goal, Carvajal & Alba the wing backs, Vallejo partnered Pique in central defence, Gabi and Koke ahead of Busquets in midfield, and Isco, Denis Suarez & Ayoze Perez the front 3..

Next game is against Austria, and there would be a few changes in the team & tactics...

View attachment 218700

View attachment 218699

That's one **** of a big squad you have haha

11 in the first team, 12 as subs in the Serie A..
So i have 39 players listed above.. 12 of those are under 20.. A few aren't good enough/not in contention..
Looks a big squad, but I am happy with the balance and options at the moment! ;)

Turning attention back to the league after the international break, we dominated this game, and only got the victory towards the end! Need to be more clinical though..
Xhaka got his 1st goal in this game, his league debut, but it was Berardi's goal that was the highlight of the game..
Empoli's goalie Boruc came out of the box with the ball, looking to push his team higher, but Berardi went pressing, dispossessed the keeper, and hit the target from way outside!

View attachment 218689