likeabaws

Reaction score
CLASH-LEY: ASHLEY AND PARDEW IN BAR-ROOM BRAWL!

Alan Pardew and Mike Ashley last night exchanged blows after Pardew made a derogatory comment about Ashley's weight. They were out celebrating Pardew's signing of an 8 year deal when Pardew reportedly said 'I'm surprised you put me on that salary Mike, I'd have thought that would've gone into your pie fund!". Ashley responded by striking Pardew in the, hem, 'midriff' and Pardew snapped, kicking Ashley in the gut and punching him in the nose. Pardew has been sacked with immediate effect.
Newcastle's board of directors have appointed young manager Joe Jones, who has had back-to-back-to-back promotions with Truro City, taking them into the football league for the first time.

August Review

Swansea 2-1 Newcastle
Kweuke

Europa League Playoff 1st Leg
Newcastle 5-2 Maribor
Cabaye, Cisse (2), Gutierrez

Europa League Playoff 2nd Leg
Maribor 1-0 Newcastle

From the horses mouth: A poor start, but we played great in the Europa League against Maribor. We played some good football, so no need to panic just yet.

What do you all think of the story so far? How can I improve it?

Loving the bar brawl, wouldn't actually surprise me if it happened IRL. Bit more color and pics maybe but good dude

What sort of formations are you using? I just added a few pictures of mine in so everyone can get a look at how I'm playing.

Also, I'm interested to know are you using your new players or are they back ups at the moment? I found that Williams was really solid for me back in fm11 I think. I was playing as West Ham and he was M.O.M just about every other game! His stats weren't great, but I'm an Aussie and picked him up out of sentimentality more than anything and he turned out to be my buy of the season.

View attachment 307342
September - A Slow Start

English Premier League
Southampton 1-0 Newcastle
MOTM: Rhys Williams

English Premier League
West Brom 2-3 Newcastle
Cisse (3)
MOTM: Papiss Cisse

Europa League Group I
Newcastle 3-1 Kiryat Shimona
Kweuke, o.g, Sa. Ameobi
MOTM: Sammy Ameobi

Capital One Cup 3rd Round
Newcastle 3-0 Nottingham Forest
Kweuke, Cisse, Gouffran
MOTM: Leonard Kweuke

English Premier League
Newcastle 2-2 QPR
Cabaye (pen), Cisse
MOTM: Hatem Ben Arfa

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 307343
My view: We are 16th in the league, but our performances have been terrific, it's just the results that have let us down. We shouldn't have lost a two goal cushion against QPR, but the win at The Hawthorns was a great victory, considering we were two-nil down at half time.

My tactic (courtesy of Raikan007)
View attachment 307345

hey bud, advice on tactic :)

1) switch Nem and Ben Arfa and change to cut inside and play more through balls (often) cross (sometimes)
2) switch Sissoko and Cabaye (CMR is the more creative DLP type player)
3) have you set the TM settings etc in set pieces as explained in the OP of the thread? i.e: make sure use target man box is ticked, set Cisse as TM and set to run onto ball/feet if using Kweuke set to mixed

good luck :)

hey bud, advice on tactic :)

1) switch Nem and Ben Arfa and change to cut inside and play more through balls (often) cross (sometimes)
2) switch Sissoko and Cabaye (CMR is the more creative DLP type player)
3) have you set the TM settings etc in set pieces as explained in the OP of the thread? i.e: make sure use target man box is ticked, set Cisse as TM and set to run onto ball/feet if using Kweuke set to mixed

good luck :)
Thanks mate, not quite sure how to set the roles as it is in classic? never really used classic before :L

This is getting so frustrating, now 19th in the league. When we go forward, it seems that none of the players actually want to attack? Help please!

i finished 4th in my first season just behind tott and a few points in front of city play a 4-1-3-1-1 works a treat much attacking flair ben harfa is a beast in the attack mid center role screw playing wingers the wing backs get forward enough as it is lol steven taylor was my best player by far he is awsome what ever you do dont sell him lol better captain then colloccini also. i did however sell cisse for 20 million and gutierrez for 10 and by in a fair few players like ettiene capoue for his relase clause of around 13 million dont think you should have any troubl of getting out of relegation though mate they are a really strong side just make sure you have enough cover in case you get injuries

Last edited:
Thanks mate, not quite sure how to set the roles as it is in classic? never really used classic before :L

not setting anything :) just go into players instructions and make the changes :) and switch the players (Nem to AMR and Ben Arfa to AML)

Pre-season and Transfers

Catania 5-0 Newcastle
View attachment 306939

Transfers IN:
Rhys Williams - £6m - Middlesborough - Versatile, solid player, am hoping will turn into a key player for us
Wellington Nem - £3.5m - Fluminese - Great bargain, can play AMC, winger or up front
Leonard Kweuke - £3.2m - Sparta Prague - Amazing stats will say it all

View attachment 306940View attachment 306941View attachment 306942

didnt realise you only made 3 signings with newcastle squad depth pobably the most important thing as you suffer a lot of injuries with them even if you bring in better physios good signings though and they do play a fair few positions. my most mportant thing was tinkering with formations and never sticking to 1 it really shocks the teams and keeps them guessing. i made somthing like 12 sigings in my first season lol.

View attachment 307380
October - In dire straights
Europa League Group I
Metalist Kharkiv 0-3 Newcastle
Haidara, Kweuke (2)

English Premier League
Manchester United 2-0 Newcastle
MOTM: No-one, being serious, literally no-one played well.

English Premier League
Newcastle 0-2 Everton
MOTM: See above

Europa League Group I
Sporting Lisbon 0-0 Newcastle
MOTM: Vurnon Anita

Capital One Cup 4th Round
Newcastle 2-1 Stoke
Nem, Sa. Ameobi
MOTM: Wellington Nem

There is no player of the month as I feel no-one deserves it.

My view: Dear god. We are 20th in the league into November. We aren't playing well and it seems like the players don't actually want to win. Great.

lol :) try a different tactic, approach, team meetings, fines, training, match prep.. there are many many things you can do to turn around a bad set of results, especially with a team like Newcastle..

View attachment 307380
October - In dire straights
Europa League Group I
Metalist Kharkiv 0-3 Newcastle
Haidara, Kweuke (2)

English Premier League
Manchester United 2-0 Newcastle
MOTM: No-one, being serious, literally no-one played well.

English Premier League
Newcastle 0-2 Everton
MOTM: See above

Europa League Group I
Sporting Lisbon 0-0 Newcastle
MOTM: Vurnon Anita

Capital One Cup 4th Round
Newcastle 2-1 Stoke
Nem, Sa. Ameobi
MOTM: Wellington Nem

My view: Dear god. We are 20th in the league into November. We aren't playing well and it seems like the players don't actually want to win. Great.

you seem in real trouble hope you get out of it some tough fixtures in the league though mate

lol :) try a different tactic, approach, team meetings, fines, training, match prep.. there are many many things you can do to turn around a bad set of results, especially with a team like Newcastle..

agreed one of best teams to be in fm such great potential and i never finish out of the top 4 lol thinking of doing a necastle story lol you just need to find what works for you likeabaws but there is many things you can do never played classic though removes far to much from the game i think

Yeah mate thanks for your advice, in the first match that I set Ben Arfa and Nem to cut inside they both scored from cutting inside! We ended up beating Fulham 4-1, thanks for your advice lads :)

agreed one of best teams to be in fm such great potential and i never finish out of the top 4 lol thinking of doing a necastle story lol you just need to find what works for you likeabaws but there is many things you can do never played classic though removes far to much from the game i think
Thanks mate, just beat Fulham 4-1 after taking you and Raikan's advice, hopefully this will kickstart our season!