Los Blancos: A Real Madrid Club de Futbol Story

ZeCarlos

Reaction score
View attachment 462011
June 2013
Real Madrid C.F. appoint Carlo Ancelotti

View attachment 462010
Real Madrid Club de Futbol have announced 54-year-old Carlo Ancelotti as their new manager after he left Paris Saint-Germain. Madrid have been seeking a new boss after Jose Mourinho's departure for his former club Chelsea last month, and Ancelotti had made it clear to PSG he was keen to join the Spanish giants.

A statement from Madrid read: "Carlo Michelangelo Ancelotti will coach Real Madrid next season. The Italian has experienced success in every country where he has managed and arrives in the Spanish capital after being named coach of the season in France."

Ancelotti, who has previously managed the likes of Juventus and AC Milan, took over at PSG at the end of 2011 and he led the affluent side to the Ligue 1 title last season.
Ancelotti's first task after being presented will likely be to clarify the role to now be played at the club by his former playing charge Zinedine Zidane, who president Florentino Perez first suggested would have overall control of football matters in a director of football role, but has more recently said would have a more hands-on position as a coach on the training ground.

The Italian has signed a three year deal at the Santiago Bernabeu after extensive discussions with president of the club, Florentino Perez. His successor at PSG will be Frenchman Laurent Blanc who has signed a two year contract and already had his official unveiling at Parc de Princes. The 47-year-old
took his first coaching job with Les Girondins de Bordeaux and his entertaining attack-minded style of play took them to the Ligue 1 title in 2009. In 2010 he took over the reins of the France national team, leading Les Bleus to the quarter-finals of Euro 2012.

Last edited:
View attachment 461983
Pre-season
Injuries dampen Real spirit
View attachment 461982
Real Madrid's pre-season tour of Portugal was considerably overshadowed by several injuries as they remained unbeaten in the four games they played over the fortnight tour. Despite sustaining injuries to several key players, pre-season remained largely positive for Carlo Ancelotti as he signed several members for his coaching staff and was able to view some of the clubs' youth players.

Games against VItoria Setubal, Varzim, Sporting Lisbon and Olympiakos had been scheduled prior to Ancelotti's arrival and the Italian manager gave all four games the nod to go-ahead on his arrival. In Real's first pre-season game, Cristiano Ronaldo suffered a groin strain which led to him missing the rest of pre-season - although he should be fit for the opening game of the 2013-2014 La Liga season. Argentine winger Angel Di Maria is ruled out until at least October after picking up a serioue knee injury while new transfer-record signing Gareth Bale is ruled out until mid-September due to suffering from a damaged foot.

Pre-season Results:

View attachment 461981
Other News:

During pre-season, Carlo Ancelotti was able to make several improvements to his coaching staff as he brought in four staff members and made minor changes to the contracts of some existing staff. Firstly, former Real midfielder David Beckham joined the club as a coach. The Englishman has already stated his intentions of founding his own MLS expansion team - but will share his time between the two clubs to fulfil both roles. Beckham's former United team-mate Gary Neville was then the next staff member to sign at Real as he joined the coaching staff along with Spaniard Josep Segura. Italian fitness coach Vincenzo Pincolini then joined as well as Paul Clement who took up a role as a coach. Finally, Ancelotti moved to clarify Zinedine Zidane's role at the club as he was made Assistant Manager.

Just a short message - the OP was copied largely from several news sites. I used it to simply introduce the story of Ancelotti and Madrid. I disabled first window transfers in order to make it as realistic as possible and hope you enjoy - leave a comment if you do!

Nice start with loads of detail!!!!

View attachment 461888
August 2013
Great start for Madrid

View attachment 461887

Carlo Ancelotti's reign as Real Madrid manager got off to a good start as his team won all three games in August with Cristiano Ronaldo playing a key role. On the opening day of the season, Madrid hosted Real Betis before travelling to Granada and finally rounding the month of against Athletic Bilbao.

Cristiano Ronaldo made his return to the Real side on the opening day of the season. A brace from the Portuguese winger set the Spanish giants on their way with strike partner Alvaro Morata rounding off the scoring in a comfortable 3-0 win. For the trip to Granada, Ancelotti made just one change as Brazilian left-back Marcelo replaced Fabio Coentrao in the starting eleven. Winger Kiko Femenia - standing in for the injured Gareth Bale - opened the scoring before Ronaldo added a further two to earn Real a second 3-0 victory. On the last day of August, Athletic visited the Santiago Bernabeu having picked up only one point from their first two games. A header from Frenchman Raphael Varane set Real on their way as strikers Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo added a further three between them. Young Athletic sensation Iker Muniain grabbed a consolation goal for his team late on.

August Results:

View attachment 461883
Other News:

In the UEFA Champions League Group Stage draw, Carlo Ancelotti's men were drawn with CSKA Moscow, FC Basel and Steaua Bucharest. The first group game will be played on the 17th of September when Real host CSKA Moscow. The group will conclude on the 10th of December when Steaua play host to the Spanish giants. Carlo Ancelotti's men are strong favourites to win their group.

View attachment 461771
September 2013
Simply Faultless

View attachment 461770

Real Madrid continued their domestic winning streak whilst also getting their European campaign off to a good start as Carlo Ancelotti's men won all five games in the month of September. Los Blancos winger Gareth Bale debuted in the UEFA Champions League as Russian side CSKA Moscow were easily brushed aside.

A trip to Villarreal started the month for Madrid as Ancelotti named an unchanged side from the one that beat Athletic Bilbao. Early goals from Alvaro Morata and top scorer Ronaldo gave Real the advantage before three goals from
Villarreal saw the advantage swing the other way. Two late strikes from Ronaldo and another from Isco rounded up the scoring to give Real a 5-3 away win. CSKA Moscow then visited the Santiago Bernabeu in the UEFA Champions League as Welsh winger Gareth Bale made his first appearance for Los Blancos. The former Tottenham players goal - as well as strikes from Benzema and Isco - gave Madrid a 3-0 win.

Real's next opponents - Getafe - were on a rich vein of form when they travelled to the Bernabeu but were easily beaten thanks to goals from Khedira, Varane, Morata and Karim Benzema. A trip to struggling Elche then lay in store for Real and rather unfortunately, Isco missed the trip as he sustained a short-term injury in the build-up. His replacement in the team - Gareth Bale - got on the scoresheet after Ronaldo had given Real the lead. Long-serving Sergio Ramos added a third as Elche were easily dispatched. To round off the month, Real's city rivals Atletico Madrid visited the Santiago Bernabeu. A fantastic performance from Los Blancos was capped off by world-class strikes from Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema. A late goal from DIego Costa gave Atletico hope but the scoreline didn't reflect Real's dominance.

September Results:

View attachment 461767
Other News:

Spanish maestro Isco was ruled out of the final two games of the month through injury although he should be available for selection for the trip to Steaua Bucharest on the 2nd of October. Early season favourites FC Barcelona currently sit in a disappointing 7th position in Liga BBVA having picked up just 12 points from their 7 games whilst Real's city rivals Atletico sit in 2nd place just three points behind Los Blancos having won all their league games bar El Derbi Madrileno. Spain currently sit 2nd in their World Cup Qualifying Group behind France after they were beaten 2-1 when they visited the leaders.

Liga BBVA Table:

View attachment 461760

Enjoying this pal keep it up.

Any chance of a screenie of your starting XI?

View attachment 402222
Pre-season
Injuries dampen Real spirit
View attachment 402223
Real Madrid's pre-season tour of Portugal was considerably overshadowed by several injuries as they remained unbeaten in the four games they played over the fortnight tour. Despite sustaining injuries to several key players, pre-season remained largely positive for Carlo Ancelotti as he signed several members for his coaching staff and was able to view some of the clubs' youth players.

Games against VItoria Setubal, Varzim, Sporting Lisbon and Olympiakos had been scheduled prior to Ancelotti's arrival and the Italian manager gave all four games the nod to go-ahead on his arrival. In Real's first pre-season game, Cristiano Ronaldo suffered a groin strain which led to him missing the rest of pre-season - although he should be fit for the opening game of the 2013-2014 La Liga season. Argentine winger Angel Di Maria is ruled out until at least October after picking up a serioue knee injury while new transfer-record signing Gareth Bale is ruled out until mid-September due to suffering from a damaged foot.

Pre-season Results:

View attachment 402225
Other News:

During pre-season, Carlo Ancelotti was able to make several improvements to his coaching staff as he brought in four staff members and made minor changes to the contracts of some existing staff. Firstly, former Real midfielder David Beckham joined the club as a coach. The Englishman has already stated his intentions of founding his own MLS expansion team - but will share his time between the two clubs to fulfil both roles. Beckham's former United team-mate Gary Neville was then the next staff member to sign at Real as he joined the coaching staff along with Spaniard Josep Segura. Italian fitness coach Vincenzo Pincolini then joined as well as Paul Clement who took up a role as a coach. Finally, Ancelotti moved to clarify Zinedine Zidane's role at the club as he was made Assistant Manager.

Just a short message - the OP was copied largely from several news sites. I used it to simply introduce the story of Ancelotti and Madrid. I disabled first window transfers in order to make it as realistic as possible and hope you enjoy - leave a comment if you do!
Nice idea not to have first window transfers on, you're right - it does make it more realistic (especially since you're supposed to be Ancelotti). Great start so far, although admittedly the Champions League draw gave you an easy group - you must've been chuffed with it! Anyway, keep it up - I'll be eagerly anticipating any updates!

Enjoying this pal keep it up.

Any chance of a screenie of your starting XI?

Thanks mate - I can't really post a screenie of my XI for two reasons:

1. I've played until January so I've now signed/sold players.

2. I wasn't sure on a XI - I kept changing players around in new positions and trying out subs as first teamers.

All I can really say is, for the majority, I played a 4-2-2-2 (wingers) with Morata and Bale upfront, Ronaldo on the left playing as an IF with Isco/Kiko on the right as a winger. Illara or Modric alongside Khedira in the centre.

Nice idea not to have first window transfers on, you're right - it does make it more realistic (especially since you're supposed to be Ancelotti). Great start so far, although admittedly the Champions League draw gave you an easy group - you must've been chuffed with it! Anyway, keep it up - I'll be eagerly anticipating any updates!

I thought leaving first window transfers off would also give me time to properly evaluate my squad - usually I tend to jump straight in and sign too many players (although I now may have done something similar in Jan).

Yeah, the Champions League draw sort of annoyed me actually - although it's an easy pass through I wanted more of a challenge - hopefully I'll get that in later rounds if I even get there.

Thanks for your comment!:)

View attachment 461350
October 2013
Minor niggles fail to disrupt Real

View attachment 461349

Despite dropping their first points of the season, Real continued their great start to the season and remained unbeaten. A trip to Barcelona as well as home games against Malaga and Sevilla threatened to disrupt Carlo Ancelott's progress but Los Blancos stood the test well and continued their great run.

Madrid travelled to Romania for the first game of the season as Steaua Bucharest played host to the giants. Ronaldo got his team off to a good start before Spanish pair Isco and Carvajal added a goal each. Three days later, Ancelotti made 7 changes as his side visited Levante. Youngster Alvaro Morata opened the scoring before Ronaldo added another. Levante pulled two back as the game ended 2-2 - meaning Real dropped their first points of the season. Third-placed Malaga then visited the Santiago Bernabeu in hope of disrupting Madrid's fine form but a goal from Illarramendi and five from Ronaldo meant Malaga left on the end of a 6-0 beating.

FC Basel then played host in the third UEFA Champions League group game as Ronaldo levelled late on after the hosts had taken an early lead. A trip to the Nou Camp then lay in wait for Los Blancos as Barcelona struggled to keep up with the pace at the top of the table. First half domination was topped off by two Gareth Bale goals before Raphael Varane added a third from a corner in the second half. Real rounded off the month with a home game against Sevilla. Goals from Cristiano Ronaldo, Carvajal and young striker Alvaro Morata ended the game 3-1 in Los Blancos' favour.

October Results:

View attachment 461348
Liga BBVA Table:

View attachment 461347

Just a side note: does anybody read my explanations of the games or do people tend to just skim at the results, table and then leave? Just the explanations take an awfully long time to write when I have other things to do and sometimes I feel as though nobody even reads and just looks at the results. If that is the case, please let me know so I can save time and get updates out quicker as I don't have to write so much, I'd just simplify it down to results, goalscorers and table and then if anything important happens, I'll write a separate 'article' for it. If people do enjoy reading the main text, I don't mind continuing it in the slightest - I'm just beginning to wonder whether people think it's worth it. Leave a comment!

Also forget to mention the table is with one extra game from the next month as I completely forgot to take a screenshot until I'd played the next game. Sorry!

Just to remind people who view and haven't see the message at the bottom of the last update - please give it a read and let me know as soon as you can!

Im more of a looker than a reader haha but im sure alot of people find your writing fun to read!

Being honest, like lovano, I tend to skim through the results and not really read the main body of text. Just a time thing more than anything else. Jeep up the good work

View attachment 461299
November 2013
Qualification Secured

View attachment 461298

November Results:

Rayo Vallecano 2-3 Real Madrid
(Carlos, Saul | Benzema x2, Ronaldo)

Real Madrid 1-0 FC Basel
(Carvajal)

Real Madrid 4-2 Real Sociedad
(Ronaldo x4 | Granero, Griezmann)

Almeria 0-3 Real Madrid
(Ronaldo x2, Kiko)

CSKA Moscow 0-4 Real Madrid
(Isco, Ronaldo x2, Jese)

Review:

Carlo Ancelotti's Real Madrid side continue their fantastic run both domestically and in Europe. Cristiano Ronaldo had been on fine form - scoring another 9 goals this month in all games. Two sales and a signing have already been agreed for January as Ancelotti looks to make his stamp on the current Real squad. Spanish maestro Isco looks to have started settling in the capital as he scored once this month and had four fantastic performances. Finally, Los Blancos secured their qualification in the next round of the UEFA Champions League having already won their group despite having one game left to play.

Liga BBVA Table:

View attachment 461297

Just using this as sort of an example update of what I'd change too if people just wanted to see it simpler. If I did change to this layout, I'd probably do updates specific for transfers etc or anything else that happens so it's not the same repetitive style. Let me know what you think!

View attachment 403653
October 2013
Minor niggles fail to disrupt Real

View attachment 403654

Despite dropping their first points of the season, Real continued their great start to the season and remained unbeaten. A trip to Barcelona as well as home games against Malaga and Sevilla threatened to disrupt Carlo Ancelott's progress but Los Blancos stood the test well and continued their great run.

Madrid travelled to Romania for the first game of the season as Steaua Bucharest played host to the giants. Ronaldo got his team off to a good start before Spanish pair Isco and Carvajal added a goal each. Three days later, Ancelotti made 7 changes as his side visited Levante. Youngster Alvaro Morata opened the scoring before Ronaldo added another. Levante pulled two back as the game ended 2-2 - meaning Real dropped their first points of the season. Third-placed Malaga then visited the Santiago Bernabeu in hope of disrupting Madrid's fine form but a goal from Illarramendi and five from Ronaldo meant Malaga left on the end of a 6-0 beating.

FC Basel then played host in the third UEFA Champions League group game as Ronaldo levelled late on after the hosts had taken an early lead. A trip to the Nou Camp then lay in wait for Los Blancos as Barcelona struggled to keep up with the pace at the top of the table. First half domination was topped off by two Gareth Bale goals before Raphael Varane added a third from a corner in the second half. Real rounded off the month with a home game against Sevilla. Goals from Cristiano Ronaldo, Carvajal and young striker Alvaro Morata ended the game 3-1 in Los Blancos' favour.

October Results:

View attachment 403656
Liga BBVA Table:

View attachment 403662

Just a side note: does anybody read my explanations of the games or do people tend to just skim at the results, table and then leave? Just the explanations take an awfully long time to write when I have other things to do and sometimes I feel as though nobody even reads and just looks at the results. If that is the case, please let me know so I can save time and get updates out quicker as I don't have to write so much, I'd just simplify it down to results, goalscorers and table and then if anything important happens, I'll write a separate 'article' for it. If people do enjoy reading the main text, I don't mind continuing it in the slightest - I'm just beginning to wonder whether people think it's worth it. Leave a comment!
Again, some great results, especially the Bar?a game! Carvajal and Varane seem to be scoring surprisingly a lot of goals, considering they're defenders; it's also great to see that you're giving Morata a chance - he's very talented. And on the topic of the format of your updates, I actually like to read what you write - for me, I think it distinguishes your story from the others on here! By the way, just out of interest, what's your tactical philosophy for Madrid? Is it possession football; counter-attacking; attacking football? You seem to be scoring a helluva lot of goals!