Los Blancos: A Real Madrid Club de Futbol Story

what tactic you using?

Thanks mate - I can't really post a screenie of my XI for two reasons:

1. I've played until January so I've now signed/sold players.

2. I wasn't sure on a XI - I kept changing players around in new positions and trying out subs as first teamers.

All I can really say is, for the majority, I played a 4-2-2-2 (wingers) with Morata and Bale upfront, Ronaldo on the left playing as an IF with Isco/Kiko on the right as a winger. Illara or Modric alongside Khedira in the centre.

I thought leaving first window transfers off would also give me time to properly evaluate my squad - usually I tend to jump straight in and sign too many players (although I now may have done something similar in Jan).

Yeah, the Champions League draw sort of annoyed me actually - although it's an easy pass through I wanted more of a challenge - hopefully I'll get that in later rounds if I even get there.

Thanks for your comment!:)

View attachment 460972
December 2013
Morata Dominates

View attachment 460971

December Results:

Real Madrid 4-0 Real Valladolid
(Morata x2, Ramos, Ronaldo)

Sant Andreu 1-5 Real Madrid
(Gonzalez | Morata, Jese, Varane, Coentrao, Bale)

Real Madrid 3-0 Steaua Bucharest
(Morata, Jese, Coentrao)

Osasuna 1-2 Real Madrid
(Nunez | Ronaldo x2)

Real Madrid 5-2 Sant Andreu
(Benzema x2, Ramos, Di Maria, Jese | Gonzalez x2)

Valencia 0-1 Real Madrid
(Ronaldo)

Review:

Los Blancos remained unbeaten in all competitions as youngster Alvaro Morata propelled his side to wins with four goals in three games. Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti called on the 21-year-old to replace the injured Gareth Bale in the team and the Spanish Under-21 has surely given his manager some food for thought when Bale returns to fitness. In the first knockout round of the UEFA Champions League, Real were drawn against Shakhtar Donetsk with the first leg being played at the Donbass Arena on the 25th of February.

Liga BBVA Table:

View attachment 460960

View attachment 460816
January 2014
Real complete double signing

View attachment 460815

Carlo Ancelotti has secured his first two signings as Real Madrid manager after bringing in Robert Lewandowski and Ilkay Gundogan from Borussia Dortmund. Two big players also left the club in the same day as Ancelotti was unhappy with their attitude.

Polish striker Lewandowski signs for Los Blancos for a fee of 9 million pounds. His contract was due to expire at the end of the season and Madrid could have signed him on a pre-contract deal - however, Ancelotti felt the 25-year-old was worth spending money on to bring him in early. Having agreed a price with Dortmund in November, Real secured the players signature before others had the chance to contact his agent. Lewandowski's team-mate at Dortmund, Gundogan, joins for a fee of 21 million pounds to compete with Sami Khedira and Asier Illaramendi in the centre of the pitch for Madrid. The 23-year-old German midfielder leaves Dortmund after over two years at the club.

Frenchman Karim Benzema left the Santiago Bernabeu with ex-Real manager Jose Mourinho signing the striker for his Chelsea squad. Los Blancos will reportedly make 50 million pounds from the deal while Benzema should earn more playing time at Chelsea with Real manager Carlo Ancelotti reportedly unhappy at the striker's attitude to being dropped for youngster Alvaro Morata. Wing-back Fabio Coentrao then joined French champions Paris Saint-Germain for a fee of around 15 million pounds having been dropped for Brazilian Marcelo.

Hey guys, I know it's out of the blue and it's probably to the disappointment of some of you, but I'm going to end this story. First, I want to apologise because it's completely my fault. Secondly, I'll explain why - as some (I'm guessing most, if not all) of you have realised, I've picked a team and tactic which is far too easy. Whilst it's good winning every game, it really offers no challenge to me and I'm just demolishing teams left, right and centre. I've played about two months ahead of where the story currently is and the good form just continues.

I'm sorry if you've enjoyed reading this and it's not over because it is my fault but I hope you understand I have to be selfish here as it is very boring for me. I'm looking to start up another story because I'm in the full swing of writing them at the moment and really enjoying it but this one is just too boring. I hope you understand where I'm coming from and if you're interested in reading something else from me then leave a comment with a suggestion. I'm probably looking for an English team but that isn't set in stone right now so a comment would be appreciated!

Really understandable that a team like Real Madrid gets boring, one probably has to set up really difficult goals for oneself if you're going to keep being motivated, what with winning almost all games easily.

I really enjoy the way you've written the story so far so I'm definitely interested in seeing what you'll do next.

Always thought that about the big teams it became to easy.... much more satisfaction is starting with a small club and building them even then it can get boring though - just feel like fm really dimmers out after 3 seasons