kpearson1

Reaction score
I'm Hartlepool and have won all 9 games at home and lost all 9 away. It's completely ridiculous what am i doing wrong??? I've tried being more defensive, playing narrower, deep with counter attack but nothing works im so frustrated. How unreal

Play with one up front two wingers and just player counter attack may sure you man mark.

I've played defensive and i play with 2 wingers and 1 up front anyway........what next??

That usually gets me away results , could you post a screen shot of youre team and a few of the results if possible?

I play 4 at the back, 1 def mid, 2 centre mid, 2 wingers and a striker. I play wide with colsing down a little to the right and focus passing down both flanks. This wins my home games even tho Hartlepool arent a great side. Away i knock the defensive line down a few, play normal instead of wide, mentality little more defensive and counter attack. But concede 3 goals a game

Try going on the attack then instead of defending.. I have to be fair i never really change my tactics and always attack a fair bit.. and im usualy playing a 4-4-2.. And i dont ever get hammered like that..

Attack more than i do at home? But surely thats totally unrealistic isn't it? Its the unrealism thats annoying me. I've always done well on all other FM games bar this one and every game i start its the same thing. Just dont understand how none of you guys are having this problem.

I've tried using a target man yeah

Some examples of your games stats would help rather than just the results.

Where is most of the possession for each team?
How many shots do they and you have?
Whats your passing %?
Whats you tackling %?

Rather than counter attacking with speed / directness you might want to play slow and keep ball? Hard to say without knowing how your getting out performed or without seing your actual tactic.

it might be down to what you are saying in the team talks, similar thing happened to me for Man U in the 12/13 season i changed what i was saying in team talks and it seems to be working fine

i just keep the same tactics and formation for home and away games..the only thing i change is at home games i tend to play a more high tempo game and away i adjust the tempo slower slightly and playing a more direct style giving me the edge in the game..

no point changing your whole tactic/formation just for away games you dont get the consistency going anyhow i aint played fm for about 2months now so you dont have to take my advice.

gonna play it now actually.

It also depends a lot on your players - if they are fast, or slow, this kind of stuff. For example, fast defender are excellent for a high defensive line, wich wouldn´t work with slow defenders. Usually, before you get a good squad, away games are very though.

Play as you do at home, but change your team talk, wish them luck and at half time make some substitutions and after around 70 mins go more attacking.

Try and keep the same tactic as their sounds like theres nothing wrong with it. To me it sounds like a moral problem try and encourage your players instead of giving them the hair dryer treatment. After losing so many games your moral has probably dropped alot so praise them, offer new contracts and try and give your strikers and goalkeepers low appearance fee clauses and higher goal and cleen sheet bonuses so it gives them an incentive to perform. If youre a managing in a low league and not many of your players play for their national teams i would create a friendly or two during the international against easy teams to boost morale

Hartlepool winning any games at all is unrealistic

do you scout the teams before you play them and read the report how they play and what their pitch is like?