Here is an example of whats happening. The counter attack tactic is the away one and the other is the one i use at home and am successful with. I have tried using this home one away as well but get the same result

Looking at the shots on target and clear cut chance ratio it seems your defense is blowing there marking? Are your mentalities set to global or are they individual? Same question for tight marking and marking type?

Pull back on the closing down (especially if your using global value for everyone). Your playing more defensive hence deeper but still trying to close down further up the field so are probably getting miles out of position hence blown marking.

If that doesn't work I'd say make it a 4-1-4-1 with ML + MR rather than AML + AMR. Give them fwd runs often so when you counter attack they look to make the runs.

Also check your ST's offsides, if he's the one who got all those offsides called against him make his fwd runs mixed (if it isn't already).

What do you mean by global or individual?? If its what i think it means, then i do player instructions for each player

Sorry, yes that is what I meant. Have a try at my last posts suggestions if the closing down point is valid (if the dc's closing down should not be more than 5 when being defensive imo).

Might be easier to just upload the tactic.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

I've started new 1 with Walsall and having exact same problem, every away game conceding 4 or more. Here is an example.

I just dont understand why this happens to me every game i play but nobody else?? I'm clearly doing something majorly wrong

My team play better in home, but is strange, my first two matches on first division i lost 1-5 against Atletico (Home) and win 4-1 against Deportivo (Away) with the same tactics a only changing two or three players.

Try to play with 4-4-2 attacking with the wings or 4-5-1 with short passes. (4-4-2) Play with defensive mentality, tight marking and direct passing style, make a total closing down with a defensive line more agresive. You will have a better play attaking even if you use a defensive mentality.

This is the way i play, many risk and my suicidal mentality xD