Lots Of Questions (Intelligent Player, Ganso?, Strike Partner for RVP, + More)

Konflict

Reaction score
Hi, I have a few questions! :p Im new, but i've been around the forum without registering. I'm managing Arsenal, and I've bought two players - Rene Adler and Eden Hazard.

Ganso?
Who is 'Ganso'? I've searched him on FM 11, but I can't find anyone by the name of Ganso. I'm currently playing the English League, and have Brazil, South Africa, Spain, Germany, France and Italy on View Only.
Is he really talented or something?

Intelligent Midfielder
I'm looking for a intelligent midfielder to partner with Fabregas in the centre of midfield. I want them to be a little bit more defense-wise than Fabregas, and they must have the strength of 'Intelligence' with great passing. I also want them to have 'Intelligence is present in passes' (no actual words, can't remember the actual phrase, but it's very similar to it.)
I'm currently looking at Nuri Sahin, and have scouted Ozil. But Ozil is an Attacking Midfielder and is not naturally a Centre Mid. I have Alex Song right now to provide defensive cover, but I want someone who can play naturally alongside Fabregas and also provide killer balls, but also defend. Sahin can play Defensive Midfield so that's great.
But I want to know whether there are any alternatives to him, or maybe even anybody better than him. If they naturally play as a Deep Lying Midfielder that would be preferred.

Stike Partner for Robin Van Persie
Right now, i'm playing 4-2-3-1 with this team:
GK: Adler,

DR: Sagna, DCR: Koscienly (Probably Replacing with Subotic - open to suggestions!), DCL : Vermealean, DL: Clichy

LCM: Fabregas, RCM: Song (Playing as a deep lying midfielder)
RAM: Nasri, CAM: Hazard, LAM: Arshavin

CF: Robin Van Persie.

I want someone to play alongside him. When I partner him up with Walcott, he scores more goals. But when I use 5 Midfielders, the midfielders dominate - which isn't a bad thing but it means he doesn't score as much.
Should I switch to a formation with 2 Strikers? Or should I just get a backup for RVP instead of a partner?
Walcott is good, but he's not World Class. I was looking at Rossi, but apparentely he's not better than Chamakh.

Wonderkid CF
Who should I get as a Wonderkid Striker? I know about Babacar, but is there anybody better than him? I was looking at Ilker Munaim, and Alcacer. Who is the best one who would fit in perfectely with Arsenal and my current line up?

Five Star Players
Are there any 5 Star Players, or players with 5* potential in the game? Hazard was 4 and a half star potential once, but the I've never seen a 5*player - even Messi is 4 and a half star.

Finances
Arsenal are currently in red for finances when I look Profit/Loss. How can i fix this? I bought Hazard and Adler somehow both for 17mil. (I offered 12 mil for both, and their clubs said that they'll accept 17mil. I interacted with the board, and persuaded them to buy the players. Then, the chairmain sorted the contracts and everything. And, somehow, from 17.25mil I managed to get both Rene Adler and Eden Hazard.

Loaaaads of questions, but thanks for taking the time to read through this! :D

Last edited:
Ganso is in Paulo Henrique from Santos and he is a very talented AMC who can also play as CM. His best role is advanced playmaker. He is similar to Pastore and Pjanic.

You have some good wonderkids with wilshere and ramsey, but I can suggest you Thiago/Muniesa from Barcelona and Casemiro/Lucas from Sao Paulo who always turned into fantastic players in my saves.

Last edited:
Ganso: Ganso's actual name is Paulo henrique in FM (at santos)

Intelligent Mid - Sahin, Artur Vidal, Defour. Sahin is an excellent choice though

Strike Partner: Get Lavezzi from Napoli, and train him at AMR. excellent partner/cover/AMR inside forward. Dont worry if he doest get goals as a lone striker, as long as he is performing well and the team are scoring

Wonderkid CF: Munian is your best bet, well rounded

Five star: the star ratings are done relative to your side. they are not absolute, so if a player is 3 star he is as good as what you have, 3.5 stars, he is at the top end of what you have already if he is 4 star he is much better than what you have

So a three star player would be a amazing player? I though 3* players were average, 4* above average etc.

Vidal is already at City, but i'll take a look at him. Is Sahin the best one out of the three Mike recommended?

Can you recommend any right back wonderkids? Eboue is annoying, so im going to sell him once I can find a decent right back to cover for Sagna.
And as for cover for my centre backs, im thinking about getting Jones, since he's got great potential. Any better ones?

Finally, Koscienly for me on my save has been great :p He's been getting lots of goals from corners. Too bad we can't say that about him in real life... :(

Thanks for your help!

as they have said ^ ganso (paulo henrique) he is brillant i normally sign him for 17mil! what is a bargain because he grows to be as good as kaka! if not better. miralem pjanic from lyon grows to be the best cm in game just behind or infront of ganso depended on what clubs they are at and the experience they have!
for good clever cms id go ganso or pjanic but ganso might take time to settle in the prem thats all.
for brillant wonderkids try phil jones,varane,sakho,rodwell,danny wilson, lucas,casemiro,mario gotze. try signing alex witsel aswell hes brillant and is soo cheap!marco verratti is a brillant wonderkid along with Cairney for hull!
for wonderkid cf go for munain,lukaka,babacar,lucas.
to partner van persie get neymar,cavani,bojan,acquafresca,derdiyok,muller,gomez.
for brillant full baacks that are young go for.....santon,dennis acciah,alex sandro,jack robinson,corchia.
also a cm better than sahin but may cost more and perfect for you is riccardo montolivo!!

Last edited:
Replace koscielny with Otamendi.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Also IMO you should replace Arshavin with Elia plays unreal as an Inside forward.Assits and goals.He is very hard to stop.

What cool said, Elia is doing amazing on my liverpool save.
Midway through 5th season he has had most assists in the league last 4 seasons and won player of the year twice.

Depending on how far in you are see if you can sign davide santon on a free, he often doesn't resign for his club and starts with around 6months on his contract. Great cover for either full back considering you can get him for free.

Play 4-1-2-3 with wingers, buy Ryan Shawcros from Stoke for about 10M then your defnce will lok like this:
DL:Clichy
DCL:Vermalen
DCR:Shawcros
DR:Sagna
this is a rock solid defence and with Adler behind it is even more great
For midfield buy Mousa Sisoko from Touluse also for 10M then your midfield will look like this:
DMdefend:Song
CMRadv.playmaker support:Fabregas
CMLbox to box:Sisoko
note:if Sisoko has went to Chelsea then buy Javi Martinez from Atlethic Club

And finnaly your Atackers:
AMLwinger attack,full attack and creative freedom, throudh balls often,roam and cut inside:HAZARD(BEST PLAYER EVER IN THIS GAME)
AMRins.forw attack:Wallcot or Chamack
STadvanced forward:RVP

There is no one better than Babacar but dont buy him,loan him and then buj him in your 2nd season to save some money on the begining

DONT CARE WHAT YOUR SCOUTS SAY ASPEASELY ABOUT THAT STAR THING.

Team instructions:
fluid attacking
short passing
zonal marking
no offside trap
yes counter attack

Last edited:
Whoa, thanks for the great tips guys! Will look at the players you have mentioned tommorow. :D

So a three star player would be a amazing player? I though 3* players were average, 4* above average etc.

Vidal is already at City, but i'll take a look at him. Is Sahin the best one out of the three Mike recommended?

Can you recommend any right back wonderkids? Eboue is annoying, so im going to sell him once I can find a decent right back to cover for Sagna.
And as for cover for my centre backs, im thinking about getting Jones, since he's got great potential. Any better ones?

Finally, Koscienly for me on my save has been great :p He's been getting lots of goals from corners. Too bad we can't say that about him in real life... :(

Thanks for your help!

that used to be the case in fm10. in fm11 the stars are done to your squad

Phil jones is excellent, wont fin much better

RB Santon, Diego Renan.

You wont find much better than Sahin for CM

Intelligent Midfielder

Guido Pizarro - Lanus
Jucilei - Corinthians
Okay Yokuşlu - Altay
Christian Eriksen - Ajax
Nicolas Gaitan - Benfica
Jorge Valdivia - Palmeiras
Wanderson Costa Viana - Olympiakos
Alexandre Coeff - Rc Lens
Spyros Fourlanos - Panathanaikos
Tinga - Palmeiras
Jordon Mutch - Birmingham
Kwadwo Asamoah - Udinese
Markus Henriksen - Rosenborg
Lars Bednar - Leverkusen
Javi Martinez - Athletic Bilbao
Milan Badelj - Dinamo
Jadson - Shakthar
Ever Banega - Valencia
Albin Ekdal - Juventus
Macdonald Mariga - Inter
Per Ciljan Skjelbred - Rosenborg
Gylfi Sigurosson - Hoffenheim
Keisuke Honda - CSKA
Daneil Kofi Agyei - Fiorentina
Cheikou Kouyate - Anderlecht
Yann M'vila - Rennes
Ognjen Vukojevic - Dinamo Kiev
Mourane Fellaini - Everton
Andrea Poli - Sampdoria
Necip Uysal - Besiktas
necipysal.jpg

Stike Partner for Robin Van Persie

Diego Tardelli - Atletico Mineiro
Mounir El Hamdoui - Ajax
Edinson Cavani - Napoli
Thiago Ribeiro - Cruzeiro
Robert Acquafresca - Genoa
Guillaume Hoarau - PSG
Nilmar - Villareal
Kleber - Cruizero
Wellington Paulista - Cruizero
Hulk - Porto
Eren Derdiyok - Leverkusen
Falcao - Porto
Seydou Doumbia - CSKA
Vagner Love - CSKA
Juan Manual Mata - Valencia (retrained a little)
Karim Benzema - Real Madrid
Mario Gomez - Bayern
Thomas Muller - Bayern
Fabio Quagliarella - Juventus
Klass Jan Huntelaar - Schalke
Papiss Demba Cisse - Sc Freiburg

Wonderkid CF:

Juan Mascia - Miramar Misiones
Jan Chramosta - Mladla Boleslav
Luis Machado - Tacuarembo
Manolo Gabbiadini - Cittadella
Lucas Gaucho - Sau Paulo
Lennart Thy - Werder Bremen
Willian Jose' - Sao Paulo
Diego Suarez - Dynamo Kyiv
Caio - Botogafo
Willian - Botafogo

Olexandr Noyok - Zakarpattya
Peniel Mlapa - Hoffenheim
Vinicius - Palmeiras
Rogelio Funes Mori - River
Henrique - Sao Paulo
Idriss Saadi - St Ettiene
Diego Mauricio - Flamengo
Tomas Necid - CSKA
Abel Hernandez - Palermo
Dentinho - Corinthians
Andre - Dynamo Kyiv
Seba - Cruzeiro
Ruan - Flamengo
Tiago Alves - Santos
Leo - Gremio
Sergio Araujo - Boca
Tiago Alves - Santos
Cedric Bakambu - Sochaux Montbe'
Ahmed Khalil - Al Ahli (UAE)
Yanis Tafer - Lyon
Renan Oliviera - Atletico Mineiro

Five Star Players:

there are not that many, ask Mike mentioned, it all depends on your club stature and the players in your squad that this player is being compared too... for eg: if you had Robbie Savage as your best Cm and you bought Ganso (Paulo Henrique) he would most definately have a 5 star rating...

Finances:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-2...instalment-managing-your-finances-thread.html

Yeah, that was a absolutely amazing post Raikan007! Im going to go with Henrique (The New Ronaldo), Babacar and Muniain as my wonderkid CF's.

Is there a reason that certain names are bold?

just copying and pasting mate, I would suggest really looking at Willian or Lucas Gaucho more so than Henrique, I have not seen him develop much....

Bakambu turns into this with the right training as well:

131128d1296936263-c%E9dric-bakambu-19-year-old-striker-c%E9dric-bakambu-profile_-attributes-.png

Abel Hernandez - Palermo
Tiago Alves - Santos
Sergio Araujo - Boca
Cedric Bakambu - Sochaux Montbe'

then of course the Usual suspects like Sanogo, Lukaku, Neymar, Boubacar....

Which one would you recommend? Which player develops into the best one? You have loads of experience it seems :p

Thanks, im going to scout a few of them and see what my assistant manager says! I'll decide then.
They're all pretty close in quality, so I can't really make a wrong decision.
One more question for you Raikan007, who is the best person to play alongside Cesc Fabregas in Centre Mid?
They should have good creativity, passing and defending attributes. So far, im going with Sahin (I can get him for 10mil all upfront) but he seems a bit cheap to be the best... The best players, such as Pato, usually cost around 25mil. What would you suggest?

asking price/current value have nothing to do with how good the player is or can be.... its all down to the clubs reputation!

do you play 1 DM and 2 CM's? or just Fabregas and another Cm? Sahin is great, he is more of an Adv Playmaker though... the best role/player to play next to Fabregas is a complete Ball Winner... someone like Mascherano would just sweeps up and plays short little passes once in possession to your main creative player/playmaker - Fabregas...

thats if you are playing with only 2 Cm's...

if you play with 1 Dm (this is what player you need above here anyway) your 2nd Cm needs to be a good athletic box to box type player like Javi Martinez, Jucilei, Sissoko, Vidal, Lars Bender or Kwadwo Asamoah...

it all depends on your formation though