Cheers mate. :) I shall update tonight, probably twice. Then none until Sunday evening as I am up north.

August Update

QPR Go Unbeaten As New Signings Arrive

cairneyt.jpg

Queens Park Rangers have gone the whole of August without league defeat with the new signings recently unveiled manager James Lush has announced. With wins against top clubs such as Middlesborough, the London club have picked up already important points to kickstart the campaign. Fans are delighted with Lush's new signings, as some big name players will be wearing the QPR shirt this season.

_______

The Transfers

Players In

Tom Cairney from Hull for £3M

Kevin Phillips on loan from Birmingham

View attachment 146283
David Odonkor on loan from Betis

Radoslav Kovac on loan from West Ham

Alexandre N'Gadi signed on a free

Players Out

Patrick Agyemang to Malaga for £1.4M

Gary Borrowdale to Preston for £500K

Hogan Ephraim to Burnley for £1M

__​

Transfers Round-Up

Newly signed manager James Lush didn't hesitate to spend close to £4M for QPR during the transfer season, and also managed to rake in a tidy £2.9M. Big names were rumoured to arrive at the club, and biggest of which would be devastating finisher and highly experienced striker Kevin Phillips on loan for the season. Other signings include young prospect Tom Cairney from Hull City who notched up a £3M price tag becoming the most expensive player in QPR history, despite being only 19. Two more experienced players in the form of David Odonkor and Radoslav Kovac joined on loan, Kovac, the battling midfielder from West Ham. Odonkor on the other hand, is more well known for being one of the fastest wingers, if not the fastest winger in Football, Lush has certainly announced that no defender within the league is capable of catching the 16 time capped speedster. A french prospect Alexandre N'Gadi was also snapped up by Lush on a free agent.

However, things worked both ways in the market for Lush. He decided to sell three players that were more than capable of first team action last season, however find themselves elsewhere. Reliable first team left back Gary Borrowdale suprisingly found himself out of Loftus Road when he was transfer listed and announced to not be needed by QPR in the next campaign, he was signed by Preston on a fee of £500k. Other sales include Hogan Ephraim and striker Patrick Agyemang, who were both sold for over 1M, a tidy return for the club.

______

Fixtures and Results

Bristol City 1 - 2 QPR

A great first result for not only me as a manager but towards the kickstart of the season. Bristol City gave us a tough game, in which they did dominate for spells, but our finishing was just one goal better. In truth, I was hoping for a draw, but the team came away with a brilliant result.

QPR 1 - 0 N'thampton
Carling Cup

A solid cup result against a weaker team. I was hoping for more goals, however the sqaud needed rest and i'm glad they performed.

QPR 0 - 0 Pompey

Bore draw, needless to say highlights or analysis would be pointless. A game of ittle chances, little passages of good football, and some very poor finishing.

Middlesborough 0 - 2 QPR

Another win for The R's against a top opposition. I was dreading this game, as our team needed more signings in attack, and was hoping for a draw, if not a well played defeat, however, the team performed great. Both strikers used, Helguson and Mackie played exceptionally, with Mackie finishing both goals. The defence also has to be credited, a brilliant clean sheet against 4 or 5 top attacking players in the league.

Sheff Utd 4 - 3 QPR
Carling Cup

Without a doubt Sheffield United's Game of the Season, but for us, majorly dissapointing. To take into account how this performance went from great to terrible, we were leading 3-1 in the second half. However, a superb fightback and terrible spell of defending over the last 20 minutes allowed United to not only pull back level, but also power in the winner in the 83rd minute. Ups and downs from this game, i'm confident that we'll score in just about any game we play that isn't against Portsmouth, but i'm quite shocked at some defending and our ability to hold a good lead. Knocked out of the cup is quite a bitter taste, however the most amount of focus will have to be towards the league if we want a succesful season.

New signing David Odonkor managed to grab two goals in his first game for the club.

Cardiff 0 - 2 QPR

This and the Middlesborough result will go hand in hand for the teams best performance of the month. Both tough away fixtures against teams capable of promotion, and I'm delighted the team pulled through. David Odonkor scored yet again for the club, scoring 3 in just 2 appearances, looking well worth the cheap 35K loan fee already.

______

League Table

A brilliant first month for me as manager, and for the team. Currently 3rd in the league, behind the all-winning leaders Swansea. Many players impressing, including new signing David Odonkor, striker Jamie Mackie and defender Danny Shittu, who has already popped up with important goals. Tough fixtures come our way next month, but i'm looking forward to introducing the back-from-injury Tom Cairney and lethal Kevin Phillips for their debuts.

____

This brings an end to my first update of the Respect thy Neighbour, Respect thy Ranger story. It's going great already, i'm loving working with Chris again and it's very encouraging to see some followers popping up already! I'd love some feedback on how i'm doing and how the update looks, i'll be using different formats and techniques until I find one I really like, with different view points from myself as manager, the press and perhaps others. I'd also like to apologise for the delay in my first update, but i'm happy to say that another update is coming later, with a full analysis of tactics i'll use this season, aswell as some in-depth player investigations, revealing what will make the team tick this season.

That's all from me.. Keep following guys..

Thanks,
Kylo.
:wub:​

Last edited:
Been away so will update tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience.

can i asking the meaning of the story name?

Thanks guys and top class update from Kylo!

Calum - Ranger is QPR's nickname and Kylo thought it had a nice ring to it. :)

Sorry for the long time without any posts guys..

Chris hasn't been on for a few days and has been unable to post his update, I'm trying to get hold of him and i'll sure he will post soon, and we'll be able to blow the dust of this thread and post some cracking updates.

Hope you guys enjoy it so far. :)

To give you guys a little something to read, I shall be posting my next update either Tomorrow or Wednesday, this will cover all the drama from September and October, that's right, two month update.

I've almost completed a season waiting for Chris, so when he returns hopefully updates will be flowing, but until then, I hope you guys are still following and will enjoy the next update. :)