Lower League Signings Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Torquay_93
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 29K
Billy Ketkeo is one I found in my 4th season. I've paired him up with Nardiello (target man) and him in a poacher/complete forward role (depends on the scouting report if the defence is slow poacher/if not complete forward) and they've been working really well together. Stats are on par if not better than the other leading strikers in league 2 in my game. Really good 12 goals and 12 assists in 17 matches so far. 16K transfer fee in installments over 48 and really cheap wages too, I have him on 800pw in comparison to most strikers in L2. Probably can get him earlier as well from RC strasbourg. All my scouts say he's good up to coca cola championship. Replaced my dissapointing signing of Jordy Brouwer who only scored 13 goals in 44 matches.

Last edited:
I just started as Huddersfield and was able to pick up Michael Mifsud who seems to be doing well in preseason. Marko Toric said we didn't have the means to sign him....i dunno but if i am not playing i would rather sign on and play haha

few good transfers are

Marco Verratti - plays very well at league 1 already and amazing prospect

Gareth Evans - League 2 And Below, amazing target man :)

Revy Rosalia - Has played well in 2 of my saves where i signed him. Offenbach in German 3rd and FC Brussels in Belgian 2nd. I've since resigned from FC Brussels and he doesn't seem to be playing as well as he did in my system. Valued at €1,000,000 though after 2 seasons!

Trust me on these players
League 2 below
Michael Coulson- Striker (Free from Barnsley in January)
Martin Kelly - Centre back (Loan from Liverpool)
Chris Lynch - Centre back (Free from Burnley in January, start of game on loan at Chester)
Adam Kay - Centre Mid (exactly the same as Lynch)
Magnus Eikrem - Attacking Centre Mid (Loan from Man United, or transfer depending on budget)
Davide Petrucci - Attacking Mid (Loan form Man United)
Pat Kanyuka - Centre Back (Free)

BSP or below (possibly league 2)
Richard Davies - Centre Mid (Loan from Walsall)
Adam McGurk - Striker (Free from Aston Villa)
James McCarten - Centre Back (Free from Everton)
Arnuad Mendy - Centre back/mid (Loan from Derby)
Josh Magennis - Striker (Loan from Cardiff)
Nick Blackman - Sriker (Loan from Blackburn)
Gokhan Tore - Attacking Mid/Winger/Striker (Loan from Chelsea)

If you want I will post some screenshots in a min...

Nacer Barazite
Fee : Loan
Club : Arsenal.

Jeff Hughes
Position : LB , LW
Club : Bristol Rovers
Fee : (Not sure as I manage them so obviously I never paid for him)

Robbie Williams
Club : Arsenal
Fee : 65 k
Position : LB

Mota, can play virtually anywhere in midfield. Amazing player for a lower league team.
You get him for around 100k, and you can sell him on for millions after a couple seasons.
I think you need to have Brazil loaded.

Name: Torric
Position: DM/CM
Cost:70k

Very young player, very cheap and he ends up very good. When he is fully developed is a PL standard player and when at the start of the game is probably L1 standard :D

Hi, I am currently managing Solihull Moors in BSN. I managed to sign Romano Sion on free transfer. Even though he's 38, he can still score plenty of goals. I have also managed to sign Wilburt Need as my GK. He's great as well. However I am looking for defenders and midfielders.

Any recommendations?

I was searching through this forum and I couldn't find any decent threads on signings for teams League 1 and lower, so I decided to make this one.

Please post all your great findings here from your golden oldies to your decent youths also loan players.
(Must be suitable to sign for League 1 sides or lower).

To get the ball rolling here's my decent findings from playing with Torquay over the last 3 seasons.
(They may not all be available during the first season).

Name: ***** Topp
Position: Striker
Cost: Free Transfer (You may pay £50k compensation I can't remember)

Name: John Guidetti
Cost: Free Transfer (Available in the 2nd season, has a value of £400k for me and is amazing)

Name: David Prutton
Position: Central Midfield
Cost: Free Transfer (Available for loan in 1st season and you can sign in 2nd season)

Name: Gael Kakuta
Position: Attacking Midfielder (LC)
Cost: Loan

Name: Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Position: Central Defender
Cost: Loan (I've loaned him 3 seasons in a row so far, great player)

Name: Seyfo Soley
Position: DC, DM, MC
Cost: Free Transfer (Available in the 2nd season)

Name: Michael Poke
Position: Goalkeeper
Cost: Free Transfer (Available in the 2nd season, good reliable keeper)

Name: Nathan Rooney
Cost: Free Transfer (Promising youth)

Name: Nacer Barazite
Position: Attacking Midfielder (RLC)
Cost: Loan

Name: Slobodan Rajkovic
Position: Defender (RLC)
Cost: Loan (Best defender i've ever had)

Name: Paul Wotton
Cost: Free Transfer (Available in the 3rd season for me)

Name: Lee trundle
Cost: Free Transfer (Available in the 3rd season but valued at £50k if you get him sooner)

Name: Liam O'Brien
Position: Goalkeeper
Cost: Free Transfer (Available in 3rd season, promising youth)

Name: James Chambers
Position: Defender Right, Midfield Right
Cost: Free Transfer (Available in 3rd season)

Please post up your findings, I know most of mine aren't available staright away but must good players you can find at the end of a season, I find the best time to buy is during the holiday period of the game.

Currently the ones i found with Mk Dons(10.3.0):

Joseph Mills(650-800k)
Ivan Bandalovski(85k)
Mark Howard(1k)
Moussa N'Diaye(Free)
Jakub Wilk(70k)
Michael Mifsud(Free)
Izzy Iriekpen(Free)
Christophe Grondin(150k)
John Bostock(Loan)
Ashley Barnes(Loan)
Roni Porokara(675k)

All of them ive signed tho sept for porokara i did sell the likes of Howell, Lewington, Chadwick, baldock to raise 1.5m to get my signings.

Last edited:
Roscoe D'Sane

Roscoe D'Sane the ex-Torquay front man was an absolute revelation in my first season in Caersws hit 24 goals in 32 games, can't really remember his average rating but was easily 7+. He's good to get when you are lowest leagues like Wales, Scottish Division 3, Northern Irish 2nd Division, Blue Square North and South.

I am finding that many of these 'free' players are actually not. Has the latest patch changed these players values? Eg Namouchi is 1.6M Campbell is 750K etc

Here's a few from my current save, started at tier 5 in German football.
I loaded a large number of leagues, so I can't really be sure which ones you need loaded for a particular player.
Most of them I got for free at various points in my so far 7-year career.

Lucas Winck - young Brazilian striker, got an injury problem, but was a great player from in tier 5 up to league 3.
Georg Geers - German defemder, decent stats and cheap, played well between tier 5-3.
Philip Obhafuoso - Nigerian midfielder, star player for tier 5/4, and he signed with me for only 95 Euros/week
Daniel Georgiev - Good solid midfielder, cheap and free in the second season, but doesn't age too well - good for short-term.
Fabio Lemes - solid Brazilian striker, played for me all the way to the 2.Bundesliga. free in second season.
Pentke - pretty decent and free/cheap German goalkeeper
Those came a bit later, and not quite as cheap in terms of wages anymore:
Josue
- Portuguese Midfielder, young and great prospect with the right training. Signed for free in 3rd year, 3.Liga for free, still playing in the Bundesliga and since capped for Portugal.
Robert Zeher - Slovakian Striker, 65k in third year, good all-rounder
Giacomo Bonaventura - free in second season, unbelievable improvements, still playing rotation in the Bundesliga.

Im Leicester in 1st season and ive had some useful buys:
Sol Campbell (free)
Vladimir Weiss (loan) Very good winger, runs with the ball, 7 goals and 8 assists so far
Jordan Henderson (loan) great cross on him, great pace
Matty Fryatt - If you can afford him, 30+ goals a season, fantastic striker
Tom Cairney (loan) - ideal for league 1 id say
Edgar Davids (free)
Michael Mifsud (free)
John Fleck (loan) Fantastic both an AML and ST, good pace, top class shot aswel includin long range
Gylfi Sigurdsson (loan or small fee) very useful signing for a championship team, league 1 wud b even beta

ill post more when i find some.

Petar Skuletic and Gary Glen are amazing.

Name : Petar Skuletic
Position : Forward
Team : Celtic Resevres
Value : About 1 million

Name : Gary Glen
Position : Forward
Team : Hearts
Value : 2 million

I'm currently playing in the BSP and found a few good ones:

Gareth williams - MC
Free
Age 27

Richard Towell - DR,MRC
Free(3rd season)
Age 20

free players for low divisions

Hi everyone!!

Starting with Portimonense in Liga Vitalis:

Emmanuele Banahene (Ghana), free at first season, 20 years. AML and Striker, very good, Sporting Lisboa took him at the end of the first season.

For the second season, Mathias Cahais (Argentina), young and very good defender (DF C, DF L). Nominated as one of the best defenders in my second season, in Liga Sagres (I promoted in my firsr year :-) )

Other playes for free at the first season, Betao, Lamina Traoré, Rodrigo Sá. I can´t remember if it was free (I think so), but a good sign is Donny Neyra (set pieces).
But my favourite sing is Cicero (brazilian loaned on Hertha Berlin by Tombense) in second season, for 100-200k, a great midfielder, very complete.

Back