FM2014Fan

Reaction score
I am playing on a lower league and looking for a good lower league tactic... and open to suggestions if anyone has any.

4-4-2 with control/fluid, players set according to their strengths with no instructions, but not too many attacking. Close down more, retain poss, work ball, short pass, play out of def, narrower, deeper, exploit flank, overlap, tight mark, offside trap, close down keeper, higher tempo, more expressive. Oi should be to close everyone down and force all the wide players opposing you onto their weak foot. Tackle hard against everyone with bravery under 8. Tight mark the strikers and wide midfielders. That'll get you results soon enough, and be solid at the back as long as you don't have the full-backs getting too far forward.

This game is starting to be very fustrating to the point where there is no point to play it anymore... I cant bring in any players because my team is like -700k per season because we cant get enough to bring in new players so im stuck for 2 seasons straight with my same **** players... Ive tried like 10-15 different tactics all of the tactics i have tried are all for the top leagues... Not 1 tactic i have seen works for lower leagues because everyone keeps on making tactics for top leagues so until someone makes a tactic for a lower league in fm15 such as skrill north or skrill south i know the name has changed then i cant simply play fm15 anymore

im on the same page is you fmfan, tactics i've been downloading have been ****, dunno why no one really manages lower leagues, so much better then managing big teams, that stuffs to easy and boring! decided to make a tactic using niceboys post, and bam! first win in 11 haha :)

Has anyone had much luck with this? It sort of gave me a better balance than most tactics but still not really getting me out of the vanarama north/south. I've been patient with it and have tried to tweak it here and there over time

This years fm is quite hard and I've had some tough careers. However one thing I'd say is it far better to experiment with your own tactics and do it yourself than just use others tactics. For a start no tactic can be truly plug and play as each tactic is somewhat tailored to a team and it's players as well as needing to be adjusted on a game by game basis.

im currently playing as Sheffield United in league one. After 18 games I was 16th and changed to a tactic to try and change my luck. I'm now wih 11 games to go top and have won 15 and drawn 3 in my last 18. It took a while to tinker my tactics and get the best out of my team but it feels a lot better now I've done it. My tactic anyway (may only work for better teams in the Lower leagues) is 4-2-3-1 with gk normal, full backs set to automatic, cbs set to cd defend. A ball winning cm defend, DLP defend. amr and aml wingers set to support, advanced playmaker set to support and an advanced forward. Fluid and control, high tempo, short passing and retain possession, close down, get stuck in, push higher up, stay wider and exploit the flanks with whipped crosses. This tactic moves the ball really fast and puts lot of crosses into the box so your striker needs to be good in the air. Defenders help contribute but also the cms defend to and help a bit in attack. The front 4 attack as a fluid unit and make lots of chances. Now my team is in form I get 60% possession plus and quite often opposition doesn't have a shot on target, try that out and see if it works

How have you built your squad? Signed any talented youngsters on loan from EPL or Championship clubs? You can sign four for the duration of the season and eight on short term (4 months) deals. Although, you can only have 5 loan players in your match day squad. This should really add heaps of depth to your side. I won the Conference North in first season with Stockport using that approach and a 4-2-3-1. Hope that helps mate.

Henry Cameron, a 17 yo winger from Blackpool, won the Golden Boot and the Player of the Season Award in that winning season. Scored 23 goals in 33 appearances.

4-4-2 for lower league success

Playing the 4-4-2 in the following way got me 2 successive promotions with Portsmouth. I have not spent a penny on players all free transfers.

4-4-2 Standard Flexible

Team Instructions
Retain possession
Shorter passes
Exploit the flanks
Whip in crosses
Defensive line push up
Play offside
Press more
More disciplined

I just set my to wide midfielder to wingers attack
And my left cm to ball winning defender defend
My right cm to box to box midfielder. I bang in an average of 2.2 goals per game and concede an average of 0.9 hope this helps guys

I like the simplicity of your 442 mrcool83!
Do you use any player instructions at all, or in game use any opposition instructions?

Any games / situations you change from Standard to something more attack or defence minded?

Hey everyone. I have been finding fm2015 pretty tough, compared to fm2014. Haven't been able to get a decent lower league save going.

Anyway, just used r1niceboy's tactics, only with a 4-2-3-1 formation. My team were 20th when I joined, and our first game was against the team that was 5th....... really wasn't expecting a result.

We won the game 7-1. I was stunned! haha. Just won the second game 4-0 aswell. So yeah give that a try if you want.

I was surprised because thought you were suppose to keep things simple with the lower clubs, and yet r1niceboy's tactic has you select a number of team instructions?

The warfare v2 perk I find works well with my guiseley save

For LLM, i'm testing ChristianEriksens 4-4-2, okay so far, just had a ton of injuries, so my leauge position is suffering a bit at times

You've got to build your tactics yourself. That has always been the case in the lower leagues until the very best tactics come to the fore.

Depending on the level you are at you have to take into consideration the quality of your players. Anything below the top half of league 1 you want to be using simple tactics. 4-4-2, utilising fast wingers and big strikers. The higher up you get those tactics will have less impact and you will start to migrate to the more complex formations. With regards to players, I can spend 5 or 6 hours tracking down players from all over the world. If your team is professional then most foreign players will accept trials.

Countries like Finland, Latvia and Lithuania normally have plenty of cheap quality players with low enough reps to consider lower league teams.

Best tactic to use for lower leagues

Follow this link to download the tactic. make sure to read the information on the page to help with choosing the right players to make it more effective.

Best FM 2015 Tactics: Lower League 4-1-4-1 • FM Stories

I have a save with Western Sydney Wanderers in the Australian League. I have won the World club championship 3 times over 18 years and now my club is ranked 92nd in the richest club list.

it definitely works you just need to give it time for your striker to get use to playing in a False 9 role.

Its Great to see that you all updating very good and helpfull news here. it will surely work for new players.