Lucas Leiva IRL...

LFCMarshall

YNWA.
Reaction score
This lad gets ALOT of stick.. people saying he is not good enough etc etc

But if you ask alot of people this season ( LFC Fans ) they will tell you he has been one of our best players..

Premier League stats | Football Features, Music, Team of the Week, Twitter, Fantasy | Sky Sports

In these stats it shows he has made the most tackles in the premier league and a 62% success rate!

Also on a site about 3 weeks ago ( Cant find the link ) he had the highest succesful pass rate in the premier league

The stats are there.. the performances are there week in week out this season

Yet why do people still think he is absolutely awful?

Dunga, Mano Manezes, Rafa, Dalgish, Hodgson all pick him for a reason

You'd be suprised.. ive started a thread on a fifa 11 forum and the amount of different opninions on him is still about

+ mates at school constantly tell me how **** he is :D

I think he has performed very well this year, especially playing with the likes of Spearing around him in a struggling liverpool team. A definite improvement from last year anyway <)

He makes an odd silly tackle but he has been great in the center over the past 2 seasons. I think the problem was that he struggled in his first season and people slated him because of that and the fact that he isnt a showboater like most other south americans. He has been one of our most improtant players this season

last year he was hopeless but he realised he wasnt good enough and done something about it thats something the younger(i know hes still young) and even older members(Joe Cole in particular) on the squad can look up to and take a leaf out of his book
Thats just my opinion and before anybody dares to call me a liverpool fan and thats why im saying this i hate liverpool

He's amazing. Our best player this season and future captain.

Dunga plays Lucas in his (Dunga's) old position for Brazil & he's totally grown into it. He's been our most consistent player over the last 18 months, which is why he recently got a contract extension. He has now replaced Macherano as our best holding player - not bad for a former attacking midfielder.

I think the reason he initially got so much stick was that he was used as a stand-in for Xabi when he left, & NO ONE can replace Alonso as he's a world class one-off. Lucas was learning this new deeper position whilst actually playing week in week out, so the flak he got was really undeserved; he was a convenient scapegoat for the team's declining fortunes.

Now he KNOWS his position & is consistently performing well in it. Consequently his popularity has grown expotentially. The Kop now appreciates him fully.

You'd be suprised.. ive started a thread on a fifa 11 forum and the amount of different opninions on him is still about

+ mates at school constantly tell me how **** he is :D

FIFA 11 forum is not a place to discuss football, ironically. It is a forum where even Fletcher is regarded as absolute garbage.

And it's hard for people to appreciate players like Busquets, Lucas, Fletcher, Carrick etc. As harsh as I might sound, but only people who have a decent enough knowledge in football knows how good these players are.

I'm a Man Utd fan, but I was never a Lucas basher, nor do I poke fun at my pool fans talking about how shi- he is. Winning or losing, he always does his best on the pitch. Even last season he was easily one of Liverpool's most consistent player, despite the demise the club was in. This season he stepped up and matured even more and finally the fans discovered how good this guy is. Despite the huge amount of criticism he had received in the past, he just gets on with it. This is what I like about him, and I certainly rate him as a footballer.

Think he's definately come into his own at last. Been a great player for LFC

Honestly criticism for Lucas is still rife.. it annoys the **** outta me :P ahaa

Lucas is one of my fave players in the world.. He works hard and obviously has quality, just what LFC are all about

He's amazing. Our best player this season and future captain.

I wouldn't say amazing, tbh, but yes, he has improved a lot. Wouldn't want him as captain either. :p

He's alright, not one of the best but has improved quite a bit.

Meh, tbh, I've started to warm to him. I still don't think he should be a regular starter for Brazil though.

Although Lucas isn't as bad as people used to believe a year or so ago, the only midfielders in Arsenal I would take him over are Denilson and Diaby, I still don't think that much of him.

I've rated him for a while now. Under Roy Liverpool where best when Lucas was partnered with Meireles in the centre.

This lad gets ALOT of stick.. people saying he is not good enough etc etc

But if you ask alot of people this season ( LFC Fans ) they will tell you he has been one of our best players..

Premier League stats | Football Features, Music, Team of the Week, Twitter, Fantasy | Sky Sports

In these stats it shows he has made the most tackles in the premier league and a 62% success rate!

Also on a site about 3 weeks ago ( Cant find the link ) he had the highest succesful pass rate in the premier league

The stats are there.. the performances are there week in week out this season

Yet why do people still think he is absolutely awful?

Dunga, Mano Manezes, Rafa, Dalgish, Hodgson all pick him for a reason

A lot of the people who hated him were liverpool fans to be honest, (probably the same who didnt rate kuyt) and plenty of them were on this forum

Back