Lucas Leiva IRL...

Was excellent yesterday, I just hope he's given more of a license to attack because he can do it & well.

Was excellent yesterday, I just hope he's given more of a license to attack because he can do it & well.

Every Brazilian, in fact, every Brazilian and most South Americans are technically apt to attack, but not many can do both well and consistently. I'm not sure Lucas is one of them, but he has certainly made some improvement, improvement I wasn't expecting from him last season or the one before, so... who knows. We (or at least I) often forget he's in his early 20s and still has plenty of room for improvement, taking into account some players in his position have played well into his 30s, maybe there's more to Lucas' game than we've seen so far.

Every Brazilian, in fact, every Brazilian and most South Americans are technically apt to attack, but not many can do both well and consistently. I'm not sure Lucas is one of them, but he has certainly made some improvement, improvement I wasn't expecting from him last season or the one before, so... who knows. We (or at least I) often forget he's in his early 20s and still has plenty of room for improvement, taking into account some players in his position have played well into his 30s, maybe there's more to Lucas' game than we've seen so far.

'Some improvement' is an understatement. Trust me - he's currently Liverpool's MVP. He's a totally different player from when he first joined us - one of Rafa's best acquisitions.

'Some improvement' is an understatement. Trust me - he's currently Liverpool's MVP. He's a totally different player from when he first joined us - one of Rafa's best acquisitions.

Not really an understatement - he was a brilliant player for Gremio (Being an Argie I had the chance to watch him play in the Libertadores, where he was a very important player for his side in their run to the finals), but took a while to adapt to the Prem - which wasn't helped by fans giving him stick for it. If you compare him to his early Liverpool self then yes, absolutely, I'd dare say he's almost twice as good.

Last edited:
Not really an understatement - he was a brilliant player for Gremio (Being an Argie I had the chance to watch him play in the Libertadores, where he was a very important player for his side in their run to the finals), but took a while to adapt to the Prem - which wasn't helped by fans giving him stick for it. If you compare him to his early Liverpool self then yes, absolutely, I'd dare say he's almost twice as good.

Didn't he play as an AMC in Brazil ?

Rafa played him in that role for a couple of a games last season ( or at least as an adventurous central midfielder ) and he attacked the opposition box like a good ol' boy, so I believe your earlier post about all Brazilians instinctively wanting to attack.

He's definitely improved quite a lot.

I used to never rate the guy, wondered why he kept being picked in the first team, but I think since Kenny came in, he's played in a role which has made him so much more consistent.

Definately improving, i think he has been our most consistent player over the last 2 seasons

You'd be suprised.. ive started a thread on a fifa 11 forum and the amount of different opninions on him is still about

+ mates at school constantly tell me how **** he is :D

ea is ****. only 1 or 2 of them know anything about football.
The-playmaker forum is where it's at.

To be honest, two seasons ago he was alright but still got too much stick; last season it all turned, and only the largest ****** in the land called him ****, and if they did they'd be powerbombed.

To be honest, two seasons ago he was alright but still got too much stick; last season it all turned, and only the largest ****** in the land called him ****, and if they did they'd be powerbombed.

Can't believe he's still got critics. These guys must have a problem with temporal physics; they're living at least 2 years out of sync.

Back