Lucas signs fresh Liverpool deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool's Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva signs a new long-term deal at the club.

More...

Good, been hearing rumours of him leaving.

That's how you shut up rumours about you leaving.

Sign a new long term deal with the club. Good for Liverpool, he's finally starting to show how good he is after years of struggling and trying to adapt.

good news for lpool hes been one of there better players this year.

That's how you shut up rumours about you leaving.

Sign a new long term deal with the club. Good for Liverpool, he's finally starting to show how good he is after years of struggling and trying to adapt.

I think the speed of the game and change of position really halted him. He was used as a much more attack minded midfielder in Brazil, not quite an attacking mid, but a central midfielder who broke forward regularly. Then he came over to England and was thrown straight into the first team to break up the play. Add to that the criticism from his own fans, and even players at times, must have been difficult. I, for one, didn't expect him to adapt at all really, and thought he'd certainly be gone, the fact he has though shows the character he has. Warming to Lucas now. :)

Good news for both parties, I reckon.

Has looked really impressive under Dalglish and although I think Spain would be the only other place he'd play so well, I think the PL suits him and he's at the right club.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I think the speed of the game and change of position really halted him. He was used as a much more attack minded midfielder in Brazil, not quite an attacking mid, but a central midfielder who broke forward regularly. Then he came over to England and was thrown straight into the first team to break up the play. Add to that the criticism from his own fans, and even players at times, must have been difficult. I, for one, didn't expect him to adapt at all really, and thought he'd certainly be gone, the fact he has though shows the character he has. Warming to Lucas now. :)

If only Denilson could do this ffs.

YAY. Good news. One of our best players this season.

excellent news, nice to see our best player this year being rewarded.

I can think of a few Brazillians like him tbh, Anderson/Lucas/Ramires/Denilson - All struggled at first and take time to adapt to the league, some (Anderson/Lucas) take more time than others (Ramires) and others (Denilson) haven't really done it at all yet.

RE this news, very happy with it, our best player this season and deservedly puts pen to paper on a new deal. Really happy for him :)

Considering I didn't rate him before King Kenny came in and to see him prove me wrong and actually be an absolute workhorse, I'm happy to see he's signed a new deal.

I for one am glad that we keep Lucas. He's improved alot, and can still improve.

Seems that Brazil noted his performances for us & now they use him as the new Dunga. He was shoe-horned into playing Mascharano's position when he left but has now grown into the role. I still think of him as a true centre midfielder but I'm glad he's staying - we need to add to our better players, not swap them for someone else.

If KK's going to get rid of the chaff, he's got plenty of candidates who need to be moved on & replaced with better options: Jovanovic, N'Gog, Kyro, Poulsen &, sad to relate, Joe Cole.

deserves it after impressing this season. Hopefully he continues to perform for the years he is at the club

Doesn't mean he won't leave. Keeps his value up.

Back