Luis Garcia - The New Manager On The Block

View attachment 250473
GARCIA BLOWS TOP IN FOUL MOUTHED RANT

The Fiorentina manager today has questions to answer, after an astonishing rant which left the entirety of the press room at the Artemio Franchi speechless. One of the first press conferences the Spaniard had been to in recent times, it started in a fairly jovial tone. The main issue arose when Italian Football Messenger journalist Sergio Longhi tried to unsettle Garcia. Having his initial barb rebuffed, he made a concerted attempt to rile the manager, which worked second time around.

Fortunately for Garcia, a microphone malfunction caused the majority of the rant to be lost to everyone's ears, but the gist of it was clear. Responding to accusations that he "failed and ran away" from previous clubs, he stated "For the record, at all of those clubs, I have been blocked or undermined at every turn".

He then proceeded to leave the press room, but by then the damage was well and truly done. Quite literally in fact, as the press desk took quite a battering. Garcia has so far been unavailable for comment, as he prepares for his teams match against Torino on Sunday. Sergio Longhi has stated that "I am completely justified in stating that opinion as fact, and that Garcia is not worth the managerial credentials he possesses. Our beloved Viola are in trouble, and this is just the tip of the iceberg."

Garcia is due to meet a reporter from this newspaper on Monday for an exclusive interview, where we hope to find out more about the ongoings in Fiorentina, and the real reason for his outburst.

Reporting by Michele Marconcini

In Other News:
- Torino - what to expect on Sunday
- Chievo hold Juventus to surprise 1-1 draw
- AC Milan fail on the travels again
- The best free transfers - who to look out for this summer

Since the events of the previous day, I'd been avoiding everyone. I didn't need the extra hassle, and with the toxic mood I was in, the players didn't need me nearby. Russo was dealing with the pre-match stuff, I was meeting them in Torino around lunchtime, and proceeding to the match from there.

Apart from Russo, the only other person I had spoken to was the club captain, Borja Valero. Being a fellow Spaniard, it was easy to have a quick word with him and reassure him of the situation. He'd phoned me almost immediately after the article had been posted online. An article which had gone viral within minutes. Not just across Italy either, I was getting calls from people I knew back from my time at Sporting.

"Gaffer, what the **** was that?"

"Borja, it's fine. There's no problem. I just lost my cool at a jumped up guttersnipe. I should have known better". I really should have. The media spotlight was intense, and after that, there would be no escape for a while.

"You sure?" It was genuine concern. Valero had been one of the real leaders in the team since I joined, and was currently leasing a room to Ntep to help him settle in. I knew I could rely on him.

"Absolutely. I'm staying well away from the lads though, I don't need them distracted. If they ask, tell them I'm on transfer business." Strictly speaking,that was correct. I was meeting Gary Cahill on the Monday before my press exclusive, so I did need to prepare everything. Good a time as any, I surmised.

"Ok, boss"

"Borja, you and Russo are my points of call for now. Other than that, I an incommunicado. Catch you later"

That was the last human contact for the day. Apart from a chilling message I received just as I prepared for the trip to Torino.

"My office. 2PM Tuesday. You WILL attend"

Well, ****.

We were staying overnight in Turin, so I cancelled training for the Monday. The lads deserved it, they had tonked Torino 3-1. Cornelius had hit home again with 2 more, and my favourite Frenchman scored the other. I'd taken them down to the bar to celebrate. Drinks were on me; I figured I owed them a lot for the pressure I put them under the last few days.

View attachment 249677

I was chatting to Andreas and Camilo Sinisterra, as I brought the next round to the table. Camilo had made a late cameo appearance after Jansen's red card, so I was in the process of talking through that fifteen minutes with him. The lad was eager to learn, he would go far. As I was doing that, a later middle aged gentleman wandered over, catching us all off guard. This was Antonio Della Valle, the owner of our great club. I stood up with a start.

"Antonio, it's a pleasure to see you here. I thought I wasn't due to see you until Tuesday afternoon?"I was curious. Worried as well. I didn't much fancy being told I was sacked after an evening like this.

"Luis, hello. May we have a word?". That didn't help the nerves. Camilo and Andreas gestured to us to take the table, and wandered over in Pato's general direction.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"As you know, I was going to see you on Tuesday, to discuss your.... outburst." I gulped. "However... watching you out there on the touchline today, it made me think. You were passionate, commanding, basically everything I want as a manager of this esteemed club. It leaves me with a difficult decision. A couple of the board members wanted rid, but I hold the purse strings. The final choice is with me." Antonio looked almost ponderous, as he came to a conclusion.

"Look, the long and the short of it is that I have no intention of getting rid of you." I breathed a sigh of relief. "I had a word with your old chairman, Francois." Francois Pinault hired me for Rennes, my first real success story. Antonio continued.

"He made it clear to me that he felt Rennes made a mistake in not fighting to keep you. Van Looy is an idiot, and announcing he was considering replacing you put considerable pressure on you. So, despite what that idiot reporter said, I truly believe that the owners of your previous positions have not made it easy. I hope you've found this experience much improved"

I nodded my assent. Antonio had backed me with pretty much everything. The support in the transfer window led to an apparent understanding, and I felt we had a good rapport.

"Of course, that is not to say your behaviour was acceptable. Consider this a reprimand. That said, Sergio Longhi is officially banned from any Viola property. He won't be back here again. Carry on with your "exclusive" tomorrow, the good press will help. We'll manage the rest of the press so you don't need to."

"Thankyou Antonio, I'm most grateful". He stood, shook my hand, and went off to talk to Daniele Russo and Borja Valero, two key cogs of my team. I stood there, surveying the scene. I finally felt at peace after a rough few days. I could now focus on our late European push.

There was one thing nagging me though. Longhi was a devious old goat, he wasn't going to back down. I suspected that before the season was through, I'd yet again have to deal with him and his lies. If that was to happen, I was determined to close him down. Permanently.

Drinks on you! My kind of boss!

Good to see you getting a bit of support as well.

Drinks on you! My kind of boss!

Good to see you getting a bit of support as well.

We now have a temporary villain of the piece as well, I'm looking forward to entwining that one in through the Garcia tales. If it goes where I've originally planned it to, things could yet get very messy.

We now have a temporary villain of the piece as well, I'm looking forward to entwining that one in through the Garcia tales. If it goes where I've originally planned it to, things could yet get very messy.

Ooh, intrigue! You are such a tease :p

View attachment 249672

Garcia: Italy is my home now

On Saturday, we reported about the explosive outburst from Fiorentina manager Luis Garcia. We're delighted that he followed up to consent to an exclusive interview with us about Fiorentina, being a manager, and of course, Sergio Longhi.

Firstly, thanks for joining us. So tell me, why Fiorentina? Seems very different from the managerial career you've had so far.

I suppose it does. Fiorentina has a massive history, it's one of the reasons I was attracted to the club. Granted, AC Milan do as well, but we all remember Istanbul, I'd not have survived. Fiorentina is just as big, if not bigger in my eyes, and as soon as it was offered, I was set on joining.

What about Rennes? How did you feel about leaving them so soon after your cup triumph?

It was a wrench to leave them, it really was. I thoroughly enjoyed my life in France. Perhaps one day I'll go back, but I'm not going near the club with Van Looy in charge. Besides, Italy is my home now.

What led you to management?

I owed the footballing world. It gave me so much joy, and I want players to experience that as well. Football isn't about money or medals, it's about having fun. I get the feeling players forget that sometimes.

Obviously, you had a fairly big bust up the other day. Can you explain that?

I wouldn't sit there and tolerate his lies while he basically tried to slander me for a newspaper article. It's true, I have left 3 clubs. But those 3 clubs left me in the lurch way before I considered resigning. The suggestion that it was my fault that the board abandoned me is ludicrous.

What do you have to say to Longhi?

Apart from the fact he is an imbecile? Stick to writing the gossip columns and newspaper ads. Leave the sports journalism to the professionals.

Harsh words. And finally, a popular question from the readers. Was it really a goal against Chelsea?

Absolutely.

Well thankyou. We look forward to meeting with you again.

Our next meet the manager column will be with Antonio Conte, as he explains the revival of the Old Lady.

Reporting by Michele Marconcini

To whomever helped to put those 5 shiny gold stars against my story title, I owe my thanks. It's great to know that people are reading and enjoying the story.

To whomever helped to put those 5 shiny gold stars against my story title, I owe my thanks. It's great to know that people are reading and enjoying the story.

I guess that would be me!
your story deserves so, honestly!
also because I loved Garcia at Liverpool..

I slumped down into my seat in the changing room, a look of desperation and disappointment on my face. It was less than five minutes since the full time whistle. Fiorentina vs Inter Milan, billed as a big game for us. Naturally, as all big games go, it was a 0-0 draw.

That wasn't what bothered me. We had annihilated Inter. I don't mean that we deserved to win by one goal; we smashed them into the turf over and over. Yet, somehow we didn't find the net. The French Wizard couldn't do, the Danish Dynamo couldn't either. Pato had a go, but there was nothing doing for him.

The lads knew that was two points lost as well. It was a sombre mood in the dressing room. We knew we wanted Europe, but to get there, we couldn't afford to do this again. Daniele was already at the training schedule board. Emblazoned across the beginning of the week was "ATTACKING PLAY - SHOOTING". Well ahead of me, as always.

I sighed, and made to leave the room. I'd been considering signing a new striker to join my attacking outfit; and this suggested I was right. I sent a text to Macia - "Green Light. Report on my desk ASAP, need to get this done before people catch on"

I just had to hope he wanted to join us here.

View attachment 249220

A phone call late on Monday yielded the response I wanted to hear. A green light to the £20m move I was about to make on my new striker. I immediately booked plane tickets, and reached Paris early Tuesday. I wasn't even halfway way through my journey at this point, and I was already excited. I'd missed France. Granted, I love being in Italy at the moment, but I have fond memories of this place.

Francois Pinault was also in Paris, we'd agreed to meet for a drink before we left. I'd made a point of seeing him to thank him for the kind words he had passed on to Della Valle,words that ultimately kept me my job. Besides, he was my lift.

Roughly four hours later, and I was back at the Stade de la Route de Lorient. It had been a long time since I'd been here, and I was welcomed with open arms. Some of the fans recognised me, and I was happy to oblige for autographs, selfies; the works.

I was here to see one man though - Amara Dosso. You all remember the young French striker I developed such a rapport with when I was here. I'd been looking at bringing him back for a long time, and my hand was finally forced by a lack of options apart from Cornelius. I knew Dosso's game inside out, I knew what he could do.

"Amara, great to see you again! I trust you know why I'm here?" I beamed at him.

"Hein told me this morning, you've really made an official bid?"

"Correct. I still see you as one of the greatest potential players around at the moment, and I would love to be able to help you continue your progression. Now, I can imagine you are curious about terms. I remember you being on just over 4k as week here, I was the one who gave you that. Should you join us, I'm prepared to give you five times that." That threw him. I don't think he'd seen that one coming.

"I'd be delighted with that! I'm just pleased you see me as worth that much" he stammered. For a young lad, he was well mannered, and fairly mild tempered. "What would I be doing about accomodation? It'll take me time to get settled."

I smiled at him. "Already sorted. Should you assent to the move, Paul-Georges is ready to put you up for the first six months, just so you can find your feet in the area. He's bedded in well, so hopefully he will be of help. Besides, you two always got on well while I was in charge."

"Thankyou Luis, I really appreciate what you are doing for me. Would you be prepared to wait a little while though? I really ought to talk to my parents about this one, it would be a huge step." He looked hesitant at mentioning this, as if I would consider the deal off without an immediate response.

"Of course. I'm off back to Italy tonight, but you have my email address. Let me know when you are ready, and we'll go from there."

"Thanks. I'll contact you soon. Now, I need to see the physio I'm afraid, this twisted ankle won't heal itself". He stood, shook my hand and carefully walked down the corridor.

I was happy with developments. Even if he did decide against the move, he had been prepared to listen to the proposal I set before him. That kid was destined to go places. I just hoped it was as part of my teams front line.

View attachment 249189

The email was in my inbox by the time I reached home. Confirmation that Amara Dosso would be in the purple of Fiorentina come July. I punched the air in celebration.

View attachment 249188
I was also very keen to see him alongside Jonathan Dendi, arguably one of our other rising stars. Sent to Cremonese on loan before I arrived, he'd had a reasonable season. I'm very keen to pair the two together, as I think they will be a dominant force in Europe. But that's a few years down the line. For now, they'll be in the first team next season, battling for opportunities of the bench with more established pros.

View attachment 249187

Palermo had been roundly trashed in their own backyard. We'd learnt from the game with Inter, and our shooting was much, much sharper. Whatever Daniele had done in my absence had certainly done the trick.

Cornelius had a bit of an off day against his former team, but I wasn't going to let it get to him. A quiet word over the post match meal seemed to perk him up no end, and it was the Andreas of a couple of games ago that had got back on the coach, not the one I subbed off.

Palermo had been brutal though, with Jakub and Valero both subbed off injured, and Sime Vrsaljko had twisted his knee. Jakub and Borja had been declared fit for purpose though. Just as well, it was those two that had simply destroyed Palermo with sublime skill.

View attachment 249022

---

It was 12am when I heard the letterbox rattle. I was still half awake, I'd been watching the highlights show. We'd moved up to 9th in the league, Cagliari had messed up.

View attachment 249018

Stuck halfway through the flap was a note. Naturally, I was cautious, no-one sends notes at this time of night.
In block typed letters, it read:

"YOU RUINED MY CAREER. NOW I'M GOING TO RUIN YOURS"

Well then. This could be an issue...

Last edited:
When you really think about it, it is incredible how many people you have p*ssed off. That was the recurring thought that came back to me that night. People tell you notes like the one I received are designed to shock you. Well, they got that right.

Once the initial wave of shock, anger and confusion subsided, my immediate thoughts turned to who the **** it could be. After all, I'd angered so many whist in my managerial career alone. After some soul searching, I narrowed it down to three potential suspects.

Sergio Longhi

The most obvious candidate. Our spat was well publicised. But, he still had a job, I hadn't ruined his career. Granted, he got sacked by his paper, but he got picked up by an Austrian news outlet working in Italy. So he was doing ok. It's entirely possible he wanted revenge for what I said, he was sour enough to do that. But, it almost seemed... well, too obvious.

Antonio Veiga

My ex-chairman. Sporting had gone into administration while I was there, and whilst this wasn't down to me, I got the feeling that I was being held responsible for not raffling off our best players for cheap bucks. He was instrumental in my departure, as he led the calls for me to be under scrutiny for "Poor Squad Management". Having been usurped recently, would he be petty enough to hunt me down?

Habib Habibou

Released by me while at Rennes, the striker had since retired from professional football. He was usurped by Sane as a substitute under my tenure, and never really featured. Could I be held responsible for a career that never really happened though?

I pondered some more. I'd take the matter to our internal security in the morning, they'd do the rest. I had to focus on our trip to Perugia, where a win could give us some serious stuff to play for at the end of the season.