Luis Garcia - The New Manager On The Block

View attachment 264254

Slightly disappointed we didn't win here. Mallorca are in the same boat as us though; a good team struggling at the foot of the table. I'm still looking for a clinical striker though, our front line options continue to let us down.

View attachment 264253

End of November, and we are out the drop zone. I couldn't ask for more really. We are still only 7 off the playoffs as well, I'll be looking for a push towards those next.

View attachment 264252

View attachment 264251
Things are looking slightly better on the financial front. Still not great, mind, I have no money for players, and we remain in administration. Players want to leave as well, and if they go, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that I will go with them.

View attachment 264228

Another poor performance in reality. We had some good chances, but we didn't take them. Hopefully we can kick on and not let ourselves drop back down the table with more efforts like this.

View attachment 264227
That was beautiful to watch. The team hit all the right notes out there, and I couldn't be prouder. Carry on like this, and we'll be in the right end of the table in no time.

Unfortunately, my good mood wouldn't last...

View attachment 264226
It was only a matter of time before I entertained bids for my best players. I'm still disappointed though, Jony has been superb since I joined.

Hey mate - you're doing really well here to have turned things around so quickly! Good job!

Hey mate - you're doing really well here to have turned things around so quickly! Good job!

Thanks! I'm not really sure how the club were doing so badly when I joined, they have some very decent players for this level. Having said that, I suspect the board is about to sell them all from underneath me.

View attachment 264164

A disappointing last game before the winter break. We were on top for most of this, but once again, our lack of finishers cost us. If I'm able, I'll be trying to sort that next month.

View attachment 264163
The league does look healthier than when I took over though. Up to mid-table now, and our momentum was propelling us up the table. In honesty, the break has come at the wrong time.

In financial news...

View attachment 264162
Again?! Bit late though, cost me my only left winger.

View attachment 263980

It was as I feared, we looked sluggish in our first game back. I'll be drilling them hard in training over the next few days to get their edge back; we need that playoff spot. I certainly do if I still want a job.

View attachment 263979

My first ever signing. He's largely in as a back up striker, but it is entirely possible he will see game time. Still looking for a left winger though.

View attachment 263970

That's more reassuring. It does at least mean that I have control of my players futures again. The search now continues for me to find a left sided midfielder. At this rate, I'll have to come out of retirement!

View attachment 263014
View attachment 263013
View attachment 263012
View attachment 263011
We are most definitely suffering the after effects of the winter break. Before it, we were in great shape. Now we are just incredibly inconsistent. The win against Betis was a personal favourite. We may not have played well, but a win against a team of their calibre is not to be sniffed at.

View attachment 263005
Away from the pitch, Alvarez shrugs off interest to stay with us. He's been quality in the centre for us since I joined, and is very much first choice these days. I'm delighted that he chose to stick with us for the forseeable future, especially with La Liga clubs circling.

View attachment 262987

The board pushed me once too often. Calling me in to discuss my teams morale was the final straw; after they had undermined me at every turn, and despite my climb up the table, still labelled my progress as inadequate. I'm not entirely sure my job was ever stable.

Still, I hopefully won't be out of management too long, and I'll be searching high and low for my next position.

View attachment 262815

I'm to stay in Spain. Not only that, I move up a league to a former Champions League team. This will be a serious test of my credentials, but one I am more than ready for.

Really want to see where you will be going.

At the moment, I have no pre-determined destination. There are a few things I would like to achieve, a champions league at Liverpool being one of them, but that's a side task. I would quite like to go back to Sporting at some point as well, I was enjoying it until the board forced me out.

So, Malaga. A fresh new challenge for me. But first, I need to run over the season so far for the club.

View attachment 262739

Facilities wise, we look pretty good. A distinct lack of silverware, but I can work on that. La Liga survival is my only priority for the season.

View attachment 262737

The squad could be better. Camacho is still at the club, and I envisage him being my key player once he returns from injury. I've seen and heard good things about Horta and Darder as well, and am looking forward to utilising them. As with Sporting, I still lack a good striker. I'll be making that a priority in the upcoming transfer market at the end of the season.

View attachment 262735

We are 4 above the drop as it stands, but it is close down the bottom. We also have some difficult games approaching, so if we can retain our current position then I would be satisfied. Anything else would be an added bonus.

View attachment 262554
View attachment 262553
View attachment 262552

A less than satisfactory start to my Malaga career, as we take 1 point from 9. The only positive thing is that Camacho has returned from injury. Our poor form, when combined with other teams picking up points, sees us drop to 18th, and in the drop zone. We can still pull ourselves clear, but we really need to start winning games fast. I have no desire to be seeing Sporting anytime soon.

View attachment 262555

Our youth grads weren't much cop in the end. A couple of future squad players, but I'm not holding out much hope.

View attachment 261314

Well, a clean sheet is something I guess. We need to kick on though, that performance was dreadful, and at this rate, we won't deserve to stay up.

View attachment 261285

A simply superb finish from Torres did for us against my old team. It was an end to end game, and a pleasure to watch. I can't fault the boys, they put in a good performance. Now for the other Madrid, at the Bernabeu...

God help us.