Luis Garcia - The New Manager On The Block

-Player that has played 431 matches and scored 107 goales throughout his whole club career.
-Player with 20 caps for Spain's national team.
-He was the main reason why Spain was able to take part in Germany 2006 (that hat trick against Slovakia saved Spain back then)

"virtually unkown Spanish"

...Go home game, you're clearly drunk. ¬¬

Not the most succesful of careers so far...

You had to deal with a near bankrupcy Sporting and to top it off you found yourself out of the team for "iffy" reasons (I wonder if the players set you up).
You had to take care of a Málaga clearly set on "freefall" mode, that eventually early relegated.

Hopefully Rennes will become your turning point.

Good luck, you'll need it... No, DESERVE it (because... ouch...x_X).

.P.S.: How the heck did Córdoba manage to get so up in Liga BBVA? They have Liga BBVA's worst squad (heck they wouldn't even be in Top 6 in Liga Adelante in terms of squad).

Don't ruin Stade Rennais now! ;)

It's not on my to-do list!

-Player that has played 431 matches and scored 107 goales throughout his whole club career.
-Player with 20 caps for Spain's national team.
-He was the main reason why Spain was able to take part in Germany 2006 (that hat trick against Slovakia saved Spain back then)

"virtually unkown Spanish"

...Go home game, you're clearly drunk. ¬¬

Not the most succesful of careers so far...

You had to deal with a near bankrupcy Sporting and to top it off you found yourself out of the team for "iffy" reasons (I wonder if the players set you up).
You had to take care of a Málaga clearly set on "freefall" mode, that eventually early relegated.

Hopefully Rennes will become your turning point.

Good luck, you'll need it... No, DESERVE it (because... ouch...x_X).

.P.S.: How the heck did Córdoba manage to get so up in Liga BBVA? They have Liga BBVA's worst squad (heck they wouldn't even be in Top 6 in Liga Adelante in terms of squad).

What makes it worse with Cordoba is they are a Malaga feeder team...

On the plus side, I had a very enjoyable save with Stade Rennais a couple of years back, I'm hoping this is just as fun. Certainly look to be a more stable club.

So, let's meet my new club...

View attachment 259762

The club has significantly more trophies in the cabinet than either Malaga or Sporting did. There is a history of success at this club, and I would be delighted to add to that.

View attachment 259759

We have a pretty good team to work with. There are a few solid players in the squad. However, there is a distinct lack of quality centre backs or right wingers within the squad, and I'll be prioritising these positions with the little money I have available.

View attachment 259757
Arguably my best youth product in the system. Stade Rennais have a fantastic youth system, and there are 4 or 5 players in the youth teams that will have a big future. I'll be looking to keep an eye on Dosso, and maybe even give him a game or two when possible.

At 15 he looks good! Hopefully you can give him some playing time....if things are going well!

And worth half a mil at 15 he could get you a nice amount for a transfer in future!

At 15 he looks good! Hopefully you can give him some playing time....if things are going well!

And worth half a mil at 15 he could get you a nice amount for a transfer in future!

I've a few concerns about potential inconsistency, but he looks good enough that he will be a leading player for the club despite that. Hopefully he'll play a bit so that he can improves, but that largely depends on how the season goes.

View attachment 259731

First move of the window is to bring back Samper on loan. He had a reasonable loan spell here last season, and once I found out Barca were prepared to let him stay for another year, I jumped on the opportunity.

View attachment 259717

Delighted to get this guy on a free. He'll be battling with Toivonen up front, and after a good year on loan at Zaragoza, Baston should be able to continue that in France.

Borja is a class signing, he's always in amongst the goals. I don't know about everyone else but I have to have a physically assertive striker, Borja is certainly that.

Borja is a class signing, he's always in amongst the goals. I don't know about everyone else but I have to have a physically assertive striker, Borja is certainly that.

I'm much the same, I need a pacy striker up front who puts in a shift. Neither team I've been at before now has had that available. To get him on a free after a 19 goal season is completely fine with me.

View attachment 259713

View attachment 259712

View attachment 259711

Two out, one in. Hosiner was never likely to play for us, and whilst Toivonen was one of our best players, he was expensive. Rennes don't have a lot of money currently, and it is very much a juggling act for me to ensure we make some profit. It upset a few players, but it made nice reading on my wage budget.

Wilson comes in for a fairly cheap loan deal, and will give us more dynamism up front. The quick striker has talent, and we look to him to rotate with Baston.

Nice signings so far mate. Hopefully Luis can start to build his reputation at Rennais.

Looking forward to this one with Rennes, made some good signings. Can't do worse than Malaga though :p.

View attachment 259621

So we end up with a reasonable pre-season in the end. Our first league games of the season shouldn't be too rough either, although I don't particularly fancy the game against PSG. If we can win 2 or 3 here, I'll be happy.