Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Personal preference when buying AND selling?

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
Installments when buying, lump sum when selling. Up to a point of course, I don't like to use too many installments as it wrecks your finances long term if you do.

Reaction score
I'm a lump sum when buying and a lump sum when selling sort of guy. Just helps you keep track of your finances better

Reaction score
Both have their uses. Upfront gives you peace of mind knowing that you wont have to pay anymore in the future or you are not too sure about your financial stability. Paying via installments means you can get more out of your budget, but do so with caution. If you overspend using installments the long term effects can be disastrous.

#THFC
Reaction score
If you can afford it, pay up front.

If not, then pay in installments.

Staff member
Reaction score
In building team faze installments, later, lump sum :)

≡
Reaction score
Always prefer to pay and sell in lump sums, although if I have to I will put a few hundred grand in installments.

Bob Kelso. ❥
Reaction score
I always prefer to buy up front, like to keep my finances safe for the long term.

Banned
Reaction score
nearly always buy upfront and am happy to receive installments to help have a good monthly profit

Reaction score
I always buy using lump sums as I prefer keeping my finances safe as then I dont have to worry about anything if my finaces are in the red in the future and stuff