Macclesfield midfielder passes away

What people do not understand is the majority of the time players like this are often not thought as true professionals of football but in my mind they are the proper professionals and are the players with a true passion and loyalty to football, not for the money. These kind of people are the kind who make football the best sport.

R.I.P Richard, my thoughts are with you.

Top post mate.

I cant believe how many times i am saying this lately...

too young

too many

too often

how terrible, minute silence tomorrow please west ham, RIP.

RIP, another great loss to football this is becoming way too common nowadays, my thoughts are with his family in this sad moment.

He played for us for a couple of seasons and he was a class footballer and a true gent. At a time when Notts were struggling in League 2 he came onto the pitch for every game with his head held high and always gave it his all, and he scored some belting goals in the process, I seriously rated the guy.

R.I.P. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Wonder what brought it on so abruptly.

R.I.P far too young.

So young its not fair R.I.P Richard my thoughts are with your familly.

Far too young. RIP, my thoughts are with his family.

1981 - 2011... Rest in Peace, 29 is way too young to die.

Also, it's a disgrace how you get for example "Paul Jewell named Ipswich manager" as the top headline, rather than a death of a respected football player, whether he's in the lower league's or not makes not one iota of difference.

It is a disgrace, if a footballer has died, no matter what league they should at least have the coutresy of putting it as their top news story..

Dreadful, I'm interested to find out what killed the man, Footballers are meant to be the most fit of all yet so many seem to pass away so young.

RIP.

as a macclesfield town supporter im in shock again its only 10months since we lost big keith alexander and now rest in peace richard butcher

Jesus, just got back and saw this. This really is happening too often :(
R.I.P Richard. Condolences to club, friends, supporters and family.

RIP, too young and such bad news for Macclesfield as it hasn't even been a year since Keith Alexander :(

I just don't understand why it's happening so often lately. Are players training too hard or something?

Dreadful, I'm interested to find out what killed the man, Footballers are meant to be the most fit of all yet so many seem to pass away so young.

RIP.

I know this may sound stupid and may not be appropriate in this case, but some people can become 'too fit' that there heart becomes so large and strong (cardiac hypertrophy) that it cannot cope and they have a heart attack, it happens too often in endurance sports.

R.I.P Richard, condolences go out to all your friends and family.

Last edited:

RIP.
Its tragic. I read somewhere a few years back about fit young men being liable to sudden heart failure, it was some time ago so am fuzzy on the details, but will have a proper look when im home

R.I.P, died far too young

Its tragic. I read somewhere a few years back about fit young men being liable to sudden heart failure, it was some time ago so am fuzzy on the details, but will have a proper look when im home

R.I.P, died far too young

I tried to explain it vaguely above mate :S