Macclesfield midfielder passes away

I know this may sound stupid and may not be appropriate in this case, but some people can become 'too fit' that there heart because so large and strong (cardiac hypertrophy) that it cannot cope and they have a heart attack, it happens too often in endurance sports.

R.I.P Richard, condolences go out to all your friends and family.

Yes. I remember few years back, a young rower died when he was 18 years old, and was incredibly fit and trained really hard. And theres been a few local lads not even 18 who have had heart attacks. I think some of the lads maybe put too much pressure on themselves, and go overboard with the training. Sometimes with tragic consequences :(

R.I.P. Best wishes to his family, friends and team mates

They say the good die young, condolunces to his family and friends r.i.p.

I know this may sound stupid and may not be appropriate in this case, but some people can become 'too fit' that there heart becomes so large and strong (cardiac hypertrophy) that it cannot cope and they have a heart attack, it happens too often in endurance sports.

R.I.P Richard, condolences go out to all your friends and family.

Indeed, quite a scary situation though as these players need to be as fit as they can to perform their job.

Its tragic. I read somewhere a few years back about fit young men being liable to sudden heart failure, it was some time ago so am fuzzy on the details, but will have a proper look when im home

R.I.P, died far too young

It would be pretty scary if it was down to heart failure from training too hard. Nothing's been announced though yet, so it could have been absolutely anything.

It would be pretty scary if it was down to heart failure from training too hard. Nothing's been announced though yet, so it could have been absolutely anything.
too true. but it happens (vivian foe, daniel jarque)

I remember what happened to Vivian Foe vividly. Was absolutely horrible. As is any passing of a footballer, regardless of age and whoever they play for.

Yeah, it's definitely a possibility that it's been brought on by putting too much into training and overworking the body. But without wanting to speculate, it could have been absolutely anything, and I think it's a little strange that nothing's been announced yet.

Vivian Foe actually had a heart condition that brought it on suddenly. There's also Antonio Puerta, who had a cardiac arrest during a game for Sevilla in 2007.

Really makes me feel horrible stuff like this, puts everything into perspective. We get so caught up with football we forget that really, it's just a game.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

R.I.P bud. thoughts go out to all your friends and family. very sad, far to young

RIP Richard

Was only a couple of weeks ago when I met him after the Bury v Macclesfield match, was a dead nice guy and he scored a goal in that match as well. 29 is too young to die nowadays, my thoughts go to his friends and family.

said on BBC he died in his sleep so at least it was painless

It's worrying how young some of these footballers die. RIP :(